What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

That wouble be nice but too good to be true :) My guess is a Poland design with a Polish-made NSV whigh we have ample supply of ammuniton........Tell you the truth, i feel that we are in a RTS game and after spending all of our money on weaponry, our base lay several level lower. Put a thing like this on a sail traing vessel......its just.....lol :v

Nguyễn Thị Hằng, born 1993, the beautiful speaker on Vietnam Army television. Not too bad :D

10635796_535587803252085_4520361023967334594_n_1.jpg

10407265_533790153431850_5951854217704911821_n.jpg

phatthanhvienquocphongnoitieng.jpg

In an interview with People's Army Newspaper Online, Colonel Lê Kiêm Toàn (Airborne Transport Brigade 918) reveals, this year 2016 the unit will receive additional aircraft of types C-295 and a new generation of cargo plane: NC212i.

NC212i is a light transport aircraft, an upgraded version from maritime patrol transport aircraft C212-400. the plane is primarily designed as transporting cargo aircraft. total weight of about 2.7 tons, top speed 370kmh, range 1,800km. it can participate in search and rescue operations. also, for military missions it can carry a bomb load of 500kg, rocket pods and automatic machine guns.

viet-nam-mua-may-bay-van-tai-nc212i-cua-indonesia-bb-baaadHiQMl.jpg

NC212i reportedly comes from Indonesia. such type below see picture.

@madokafc

viet-nam-mua-may-bay-van-tai-nc212i-cua-indonesia-hinh-2-bb-baaadLJBwo.jpg

Last edited:
Navy Training Sailing Ship "Le Quy Don"

tau_7_KQEP.jpg

tau_9_BDQG.jpg

tau_1_RKSQ.jpg

tau_2_AXHB.jpg

tau_3_LWNN.jpg

tau_4_OOWU.jpg

tau_6_NXFR.jpg

tauhaiquanlequydonhinh2-bb-baaadHBglH.jpg

People may think it a waste of money to buy a sailing ship (with zero fighting capability) but all great modern navy in the world have sailing ships for training cadets. Those sailing ships are been use to train future navy officers about life at sea, navigation, seamanship, ship and boat maneuvering, line handling, sailing, first aid, weather patterns, damage control, engineering and more. ...They also stand watches in the engine room, on the bridge, on deck.. It like a navy college at sea, going back to root of sea vessel and learning the basic first before big modern ships. Viet Nam by buying one, show it commitment into building a great navy force.

Last edited:
People may think it a waste of money to buy a sailing ship (with zero fighting capability) but all great modern navy in the world have sailing ships for training cadets. Those sailing ships are been use to train future navy officers about life at sea, navigation, seamanship, ship and boat maneuvering, line handling, sailing, first aid, weather patterns, damage control, engineering and more. ...They also stand watches in the engine room, on the bridge, on deck.. It like a navy college at sea, going back to root of sea vessel and learning the basic first before big modern ships. Viet Nam by buying one, show it commitment into building a great navy force.
well said. the german navy has das segelschulschiff "Gorch Fock". I would like to see if we cooperate with them.

1280px-Sailing_ship_Gorch_Fock.jpg

Stiring much controversy among Cambodian opposition politicians and nationalists:

Vietnam´s 15th Army Corps, which stations across the border in Gia Lai province, leases nearly 40,000 ha for rubber plantation. the Central government of Cambodia under PM Hun Sen backs the deal, I assume, not because of economic but strategic interest.

Grand Concessions | The Cambodia Daily

MainMapFinal_web-e1450875295624.jpg

@Viet Do you know this American USCGC Eagle was actually a Nazi German sail training ship named Horst Wessel. The American took the ship from the Germans as a war reparation, it still in service today. It the sister ship of the Gorch Fock
EAGLE_under_full_sail_in_2013.jpg

did vietnam have modern tanks? i see sophisticated missile defence system but no modern armor

did vietnam have modern tanks? i see sophisticated missile defence system but no modern armor

Well the currently most modern is some late-variant of T-62. The Armored Corp got a little resource since Navy and Airforce took most of the budget. Still, im hopeful that we have some secret bath of new tanks waiting to be revealed to te public when the time is ripe.

1045053_891392300983731_1665202604998365627_n.jpg

Live firing excercise

@Viet Do you know this American USCGC Eagle was actually a Nazi German sail training ship named Horst Wessel. The American took the ship from the Germans as a war reparation, it still in service today. It the sister ship of the Gorch Fock
View attachment 298397
oha...did not know that.

actually germany can be a great seafarer nation, since they lost the two major wars, WW I and II, their navy becomes a shadow of the past. the deusche marine has corvettes, frigates, and diesel submarines, but no destroyer, aircraft carrier nor nuclear submarine. few days ago, a delegation under the state secretary of defence ministry Ralf Brauksiepe paid a visit to the defence ministry. as far as it is understood, the germans have made offer in training to our army and the navy in particulary. maybe we will see our cadets aboard of the Gork Fock in the future.

Vietnam und Deutschland verstärken Verteidigungszusammenarbeit | Nachrichten - VOV5

cd_LMET.jpg

oha...did not know that.

actually germany can be a great seafarer nation, since they lost the two major wars, WW I and II, their navy becomes a shadow of the past. the deusche marine has corvettes, frigates, and diesel submarines, but no destroyer, aircraft carrier nor nuclear submarine. few days ago, a delegation under the state secretary of defence ministry Ralf Brauksiepe paid a visit to the defence ministry. as far as it is understood, the germans have made offer in training to our army and the navy in particulary. maybe we will see our cadets aboard of the Gork Fock in the future.

Vietnam und Deutschland verstärken Verteidigungszusammenarbeit | Nachrichten - VOV5

cd_LMET.jpg

The Germans have a century expertise and experience in the submarine and tanks fields to name a few. If you ask me, I would really like if the Germans sell some Leopard 2 tanks to Viet Nam at friend price. Or helping VPA to purchase the old Leopard 1 generations would be good too, Canada will retire all it fleet of Leopard 1A2 this year. Leopard 1A2 is much superior tank than the T-72 ... And Leopard 2 is among best top 3 tank in the world ....Here a Canadian Leopard 1 A2 to be put into retirement....So much souvenir!
11071995_568305036.jpg

Last edited:
The Germans have a century expertise and experience in the submarine and tanks fields to name a few. If you ask me, I would really like if the Germans sell some Leopard 2 tanks to Viet Nam at friend price. Or helping VPA to purchase the old Leopard 1 generations would be good too, Canada will retire all it fleet of Leopard 1A2 this year. Leopard 1A2 is much superior tank than the T-72 ... And Leopard 2 is among best top 3 tank in the world ....Here a Canadian Leopard 1 A2 to be put into retirement....So much souvenir!View attachment 298744

also, I like to see our army to increase firepower by acquiring german military technology, but the chance to get it is close to zero. or at least for now. unless:

- the US ends the arms embargo.
- Germany follows Japan arms reforms, loosing export restrictions, allowing transferring weaponry not only to NATO countries but to "friendly" countries as well. Vietnam can be classified as friendly nation.

or my favourite choice:

- VN joins the NATO.

sure, the leopard 2 panzer is one of the best tanks in the world. a balance of firepower, thrust, amored and speed.

Well no heavy European weapon until Uncle Sam kindly lif the embargo.........How about se sent somebody to Iraq and Syria to get some black market stuff eh ? :v

dont know the name but sure look dangerous

1455899_892152167574411_1346741613371189700_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom