What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

R-27 (or AA-10 Alamo) air-to-air missile , primary short range weapon of the Sukhoi fleet , long or medium range engagement will be taken care by R-77 or R-73 :)

Attachments

• Su-30 misles.jpg
    Su-30 misles.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 49
Zelenodolsk shipyard: two Gepard light frigates (#3 and #4) under construction, 62% and 48% completed respectively. here already seen equipped by AK-176M ship gun. as next, Palma combined gun/missile aerial defence system. Propulsion planned to be installed by September. both ships expected handing over to the Navy in 2017 and 2018.

upload_2015-6-20_14-49-16.png

Last edited:
Talking about those Gepard , i kind of worry that the Ukranian-made engine will delay the delivering

Talking about those Gepard , i kind of worry that the Ukranian-made engine will delay the delivering
well, actually the delay is there. delivery was scheduled for 2016 and 2017. now one year delay because of the war in the ukraine. some media say the russian shipyard now buys the propulsion from Germany instead.

Talking about the possibility of buying Jet fighters from western countries, as Reuters reports recently, which is the best candidate for the Airforce?

I think we can´t rule out EF2000 or Typhoon. too expensive, delivery issues, many technical flaws, last but not least limited combat roles. Also, french Rafael is an unsuitable candidate: combat proved but the price is out of reach. Egypt orders 2 squadrons (24 jets) for unbelievable $5.9 billion. weapons, training and other necessary stuffs add another $3 billion. crazy.

Egypt Is Buying 24 Rafale Fighter Jets From France

Last edited:
a broken-down with failed engine Su-27SK coding number 6500 under repair by factory A32.

viet-nam-phuc-hoi-kha-nang-bay-cho-tiem-kich-su27sk-so-hieu-6005.jpg

viet-nam-phuc-hoi-kha-nang-bay-cho-tiem-kich-su27sk-so-hieu-6005.jpg

su-27-6004-1434444796594-94-0-579-951-crop-1434444837925.jpg

Talking about the possibility of buying Jet fighters from western countries, as Reuters reports recently, which is the best candidate for the Airforce?

I think we can´t rule out EF2000 or Typhoon. too expensive, delivery issues, many technical flaws, last but not least limited combat roles. French Rafael is an unsuitable candidate: combat proved but the price is out of reach. Egypt orders 2 squadrons (24 jets) for unbelievable $5.9 billion. weapons, training and other necessary stuffs add another $3 billion. crazy.

Egypt Is Buying 24 Rafale Fighter Jets From France
I think VN would want to buy F-16 fighter.

F-16 is nice but still only the latest Block 50+ would prove combat effective , the older model wont do any good to the current strengh of VPAF . Indonesia airforce have about 10 F-16 Block 15 and 8 Block 32 , all need urgent upgrades to stay competitive , so unless we can afford to buy the Block 50+ (which i highly doubt that US will sell us at this stage) , we shouldnt buy any F-16

You guys are nuts. F-16? Rafale? Eurofighter? All you need is for sale in Russia. Su-27-30-35. Much more effective for air superiority and much more price-effective. I understand the wish to diversify suppliers, but right now Vietnam can't afford 100 million dollar jets. Get a batch of nice Sukhois and call it a day.

I think F-16, Rafael and Eurofighter are not the way to go for our airforce. either too expensive or unsuitable. more Su-30 or possibly later Su-35 are ok. since the airforce is looking for alternatives, how about his plane, a lowcost almost stealth multirole fighter?

Gripen JAS 39E Next Generation (NG)

• single seat, empty weight, less than 14,000 lb.
  • Internal fuel, greater than 7,400 lb.
  • Max takeoff weight, 36,400 lb.
  • Engine GE F414-GE-39E, Radar AESA
  • flyaway price of $43 Million
  • max speed Mach 2, supercruise Mach 1.25 without using afterburner
  • improvement against JAS 39Cs with new engine, avionics and primary structure
  • not a classically stealthy aircraft, but significantly lower radar cross-section (RCS)
  • operating cost of $7,500 per hour, including fuel

geripen-ng_weaponsystems.jpg

JAS_39_gripen-4.jpg

Last edited:
June 20. General Phung Quang Thanh on a visit to Paris, meeting French Minister of Defence Jean-Yves Le Drian. no info about the topics being discussed. maybe announced later.

Phap%203.jpg

Phap-1.jpg

105mm M101 on a Ural 375 truck , used to be a test sample but recently a mass conversion is in progress , equipped with hydralic lift make the plafform very steady during fire , still look like its can only fire foward or backward , cant fire to either side because it may tip over due to the low weight :) a clip about them

Attachments

• 105mm SPA.jpg
    105mm SPA.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 25
You guys are nuts. F-16? Rafale? Eurofighter? All you need is for sale in Russia. Su-27-30-35. Much more effective for air superiority and much more price-effective. I understand the wish to diversify suppliers, but right now Vietnam can't afford 100 million dollar jets. Get a batch of nice Sukhois and call it a day.
We will get rich soon when the TPP come to reality coz we can sell lots of our agricultures-fishing-wooden made products

Thats why many Western arm companies r offering VN to buy their fighters now :pop:

We will get rich soon when the TPP come to reality coz we can sell lots of our agricultures-fishing-wooden made products

Thats why many Western arm companies r offering VN to buy their fighters now :pop:

Yeah, sellig pho to the US won't make you rich. You need Chinese investments. Anyway, aside from that. If a su-30 is better AND cheaper, why purchase a f-16 or a eurofighter?

Yeah, sellig pho to the US won't make you rich. You need Chinese investments. Anyway, aside from that. If a su-30 is better AND cheaper, why purchase a f-16 or a eurofighter?
Dude, US has just allowed VN to export our fruit like Litchi and it make our farmers receive lots of money. So, its not hard for Vn to own some Western fighers now.

Bcz China also buy lots of Russia fighters, so its hard to beat them by the same Russia fighters, thats why we need some fighters from the West to take the Air superiority to PLAF .

Back
Top Bottom