What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Nah , you can see that the turret ring is different and the number of ERA on the front :) I think that those ERA maybe come from the M3 project but this desigh look more like a T-55AM :)

for the comparsion :)
T-5xM3-5.jpg

You are right, it does look like a T-55AM. Here is one:
T-55AMV.jpg

oh really ? is that so ? in Vietnamese we have this : éo thích đi ra thì làm gì nhau ? gần 300 trang toàn nói bừa và troll à ? đang bàn luận mà nói người khác thích chém gió ư ? việc chú chú làm việc tôi tôi làm éo thích khỏi đọc và nói bao nhiêu lần rồi đừng có tag , quote tôi vào , tôi ko thích nói chuyện với chú ok ? nói Tiếng Việt ko hiểu thì chắc chửi Tiếng Việt sẽ hiểu à ?

Now about our tank fleet well yeah most of them is old but there is already a major upgrading program for both armor and FCS , also our tanks can use Bastion missle (which is extremely expensive so only the best crew in each companny got them, about 2-4 i think and with the recent rise in budget i hope its will soon be the standard load-out )

About those Syria tanks I think you are mistaking something , all tanks can be destroyed if it got a solid hit by a new genoration ATGM and in this case even easier in urban warfare , M1 Abrams tanks are burning everywhere in Iraq so is that a sigh of a "weak" tank ? this is more about crew training and moral than the level of equipments , with proper tactics we can make use even the vintage Su-100 :v

Future conflict with China will be more likely short skirmish and VN will be on the defensive , if you have check our northen border geography , you will see that unless they practically use nuclear bombs on them there is no way they can effectively move in without facing interlocking fire from surrounding vantage points , we have plenty of well camouflage and hardened bunkers with professional troops armed with the latest toys from both Western and Russian including RPG-29 , RPO-A , Thermal Scanner , etc...........PS: Here is 1 of many tank that undergoing upgrade , plz do remember that this is top secret , i may get my *** kicked by C2 so be glad :)
DCs0D36.jpg

BTW that red T-shirt guy look very handsome , dont you all agree ? :3

Do you know if the engine or transmission is being replaced?

Rumour said that the engine will use a German 1000 HP ones , the same as the T55M3 but there is little info about the tranmisson , there is some new about the track being partially ceramic though which mean we can use them on our road without destroying them in the process :)

Rumour said that the engine will use a German 1000 HP ones , the same as the T55M3 but there is little info about the tranmisson , there is some new about the track being partially ceramic though which mean we can use them on our road without destroying them in the process :)

That sounds pretty good; the T-55AMV is actually the way to go for those tanks, not too expensive, keep the same gun, add a lot of protection, new sensors and digital fire control system, new engine, ceramic tracks, thermal sleeve for the gun, not bad. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
oh really ? is that so ? in Vietnamese we have this : éo thích đi ra thì làm gì nhau ? gần 300 trang toàn nói bừa và troll à ? đang bàn luận mà nói người khác thích chém gió ư ? việc chú chú làm việc tôi tôi làm éo thích khỏi đọc và nói bao nhiêu lần rồi đừng có tag , quote tôi vào , tôi ko thích nói chuyện với chú ok ? nói Tiếng Việt ko hiểu thì chắc chửi Tiếng Việt sẽ hiểu à ?

Dung la nguVL. Thang ad va mod nó khinh re nguoi viet ma con muon o day để "bàn luận" cho forum cua bon no. O box ngoai kia bon no thuong xuyen khinh thuong nguoi dan viet, thế sao ông khong ra do ma bàn luận? mà ông nấp ở góc này toàn chém gió cái kiểu "bà con tôi quen ông Phung Quang Thanh và biết top secret đó." botay.

Topsecret lấy từ ttvn ra thì đúng hơn. :lol:

That sounds pretty good; the T-55AMV is actually the way to go for those tanks, not too expensive, keep the same gun, add a lot of protection, new sensors and digital fire control system, new engine, ceramic tracks, thermal sleeve for the gun, not bad. Did I miss anything?

Yeah the IMI T-55M3 upgrade package was too expensive, not worth it. This is the right decision.

Last edited:
nè ở đây ai cũng là người ko phải trâu bò lợn gà mà người nói người phải hiểu ok ? TÔI KHÔNG THÍCH NÓI CHUYỆN VỚI CHÚ , CHÚ THÍCH SỐNG THẾ NÀO KỆ CM CHÚ tôi bàn trong forum nào quyền của tôi chú chả có cái thá gì đáng để tôi nghe theo cả , tôi chả nói tôi quen tướng PQT tôi có nguồn có ảnh thì tung lên rồi bàn với mọi người , chú éo thích thì éo coi , đừng như cuc shit dính butt người ta đã éo muốn để ý nhưng cứ bám vào ok ? đừng tag quote tôi chả muốn nhìn cái mặt chú nữa , câm bớt đi cho thiên hạ nó nhờ :)

Yeah the IMI T-55M3 upgrade package was too expensive, not worth it. This is the right decision.

Yes, $930.000 per tank for the T-55M3 upgrade its too much money for those tanks.
I guess some people didn't get the red envelopes from Israel though. :D

North Vietnam wasnt recognized as UN member at the time US president want to bring NV back to stone age. Vietnam become UN member with US recognization in 1977. Now no country could feel free to claim bringing Vietnam back to stone age any more.
Btw, American failed to do so during 1960s to 1972.

Yes, $930.000 per tank for the T-55M3 upgrade its too much money for those tanks.
I guess some people didn't get the red envelopes from Israel though. :D

I agree, the T-54 platform has its limit no matter how much money you put into it, so just settle for something modest.

which is reputable western source? Wikipedia?

Business Monitor International report called "Vietnam defense and security report 2015 Q1". Get someone to find you a copy and I can give you the specific page number. That source is western and will cost you $1300 for a copy. If you can't even get a copy, then you shouldn't be too hasty in making an insult. Whether you believe that source or not, I don't really care. I'm just giving you a reference to that source so you can read it for yourself.

nè ở đây ai cũng là người ko phải trâu bò lợn gà mà người nói người phải hiểu ok ? TÔI KHÔNG THÍCH NÓI CHUYỆN VỚI CHÚ , CHÚ THÍCH SỐNG THẾ NÀO KỆ CM CHÚ tôi bàn trong forum nào quyền của tôi chú chả có cái thá gì đáng để tôi nghe theo cả , tôi chả nói tôi quen tướng PQT tôi có nguồn có ảnh thì tung lên rồi bàn với mọi người , chú éo thích thì éo coi , đừng như cuc shit dính butt người ta đã éo muốn để ý nhưng cứ bám vào ok ? đừng tag quote tôi chả muốn nhìn cái mặt chú nữa , câm bớt đi cho thiên hạ nó nhờ :)

Ơ sao chú lại cay cú thế? Tôi chỉ nói sự thật thôi ma. Chú thích "bàn luận" thì tôi đã mời chú ra kia để "bàn luận" với bọn trau của anh béo, nhưng mà chú lại sợ chết ko dám ra trước mặt bọn trau kia. Rồi bây giờ chú chỉ nấp lúp ở một góc box này to mồm chửi người đồng hương thôi. Mà đã sợ chết rồi còn giả vờ chém gió là "tôi biết top secret để chia sẻ cho mọi người này bà con ơi!!" :lol:

hmmpppffh

with the same logic i can said Indonesia already had the most number of Submarine

hmmpppffh

with the same logic i can said Indonesia already had the most number of Submarine

I don't know what you're trying to say here. What logic? I just give you the name of the source:

"Vietnam Defence & Security Report 2015 Q1" by Business Monitor International.

I'll even give you the specific page number where that report mentions the T-72 and T-90 currently in VN' s possession: It's on page 30.

You can get someone to find you a copy. If you can't even get your own copy then don't be too quick to mock. There are plenty of academics here on PDF, most of them should have access to BMI and help verify it for you.

Whether you believe that report or not, I do not care. I'm just giving you the western reference.

I agree, the T-54 platform has its limit no matter how much money you put into it, so just settle for something modest.:lol:

The big limitation to upgrade the T-55 to its full potential is the space inside. Its a bit too small to properly set up a 125 mm gun and autoloader as well as to dedicate enough space for better frontal armor.

The best upgrade to take care of that is the T-55M6 upgrade where the chassis of the tank gets stretched and gets 6 road wheels on each side instead of 5. That takes care of the space issue and at that point it can get the turret of the T-72. That upgrade is very expensive by the way. So yes, Vietnam is doing the right upgrade for those tanks.

Any idea about what fire control system will those tanks use?

Should have know that wasting time with a mental patient is meaningless :) He just cant simply process that someone just dont want to talk with him , ...........must have a trouble childhood :v

About the FCS not too much info right now , but personally i would really want the 1A40-1 ones (used on T-72s) , or the EFCS-3 of the Slovenian , these prove to be some of the most effective FCS for the enhancement of our eldery T-54/55 , ...............but with our large tank fleet this may turn out not too good........maybe only the Volna for now :)

Back
Top Bottom