What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Vietnam air forces, though they are seemed fine today, but the bulk of it is comprises of Su-22 and Mig-21 which is an old aircraft made in 70 to 80's era and has been overhauled several times, air frame fatigue can't be avoided someday in near future. And your helicopter fleet too....

Vietnam air forces, though they are seemed fine today, but the bulk of it is comprises of Su-22 and Mig-21 which is an old aircraft made in 70 to 80's era and has been overhauled several times, air frame fatigue can't be avoided someday in near future. And your helicopter fleet too....

The Mig-21 is already almost out of service; there is only one regiment of Mig-21 left (12 jets) and probably will not last long. The SU-22 is in better shape and can last until sometime in the next decade.

The plan is to order SU-30 SM and SU-35 S and possibly SU-34.

VN is negotiating for European helicopters right now.

The Mig-21 is already almost out of service; there is only one regiment of Mig-21 left (12 jets) and probably will not last long. The SU-22 is in better shape and can last until sometime in the next decade.

The plan is to order SU-30 SM and SU-35 S and possibly SU-34.

VN is negotiating for European helicopters right now.

How about your Tet holiday, @Carlosa ?

How about your Tet holiday, @Carlosa ?

Not bad at all bro, enjoying and relaxing here, nice weather in Danang, but no fireworks because of the death of the Tanh guy. Our only concern is if there is enough supplies of Bia Larue. :cheers: How about you?

How about the Indian Scorpenes? Are they also going to use Exocet? It would be nice to integrate Club / Brahmos (using the torpedo tubes).

Good news. BrahMos Aerospace developing BrahMos-NG, which would have 6m long and 530mm diameter for torpedo launch.

155947923654bdd675456b9.jpg

Last edited:
Good news. BrahMos Aerospace developing BrahMos-NG, which would have 6m long and 530mm diameter for torpedo launch.

155947923654bdd675456b9.jpg

That is very good indeed, is that an spin off of Brahmos M? Seems like a very similar size.

That is very good indeed, is that an spin off of Brahmos M? Seems like a very similar size.
Yes the same structure would be used, but actually it would be spinoff of VLS based submarine launch BrahMos.

Yes the same structure would be used, but actually it would be spinoff of VLS based submarine launch BrahMos.

Nice, the ever growing Brahmos family. I imagine it should be not too much problem to use the Brahmos NG in the Viet Kilo subs.

I´m afraid what we have now and plan for the future for our army is too litle to discourage chinese from their aggression against vietnam. don´t make wrong assumption. the imbalance of powers between them and us is huge. we should close as soon as possible a military agreement with america and japan. chinese hostile attitude has never changed. they will come again, destroy our cities, killing our people. Japan and S Korea economies prosper under the US military umbrella. Why should´t we follow?

the open question is how we will re-arrange our relationship to Russia. that is difficult to answer now.

We're not in SK and Japan's position to do that so easy, and now, China was becoming great power and will be superpower, and surpass the US in near future (in general term), so, careful on thin line will be the best way, at least with me.

Last edited:
Not bad at all bro, enjoying and relaxing here, nice weather in Danang, but no fireworks because of the death of the Tanh guy. Our only concern is if there is enough supplies of Bia Larue. :cheers: How about you?

La Rue beer !!! Good choice.
Da Nang is another good choice, indeed.

Brahmos - NG marketed as each Su-30MKI could bring 5 NG. Too dangerous.

Kaku bro, do you know the price that India pays for the Israeli radar for the Kolkata destroyers and for Barak 8 missiles?

I used to hear from Black Flag that India paid $68 million for the radars, but I'm not sure if that's for the whole contract or for each radar.

I used to read that Barak 8 was going to sell for $1 - 1.2 million, but that was an old estimate.

I'm trying to compare their cost to Aster 30 ($3 million a pop), looks like VN is buying the land version of it.

Kaku bro, do you know the price that India pays for the Israeli radar for the Kolkata destroyers and for Barak 8 missiles?

I used to hear from Black Flag that India paid $68 million for the radars, but I'm not sure if that's for the whole contract or for each radar.
Nope bro, the real capability and cost of MF-STAR ( Indian Version ) is still top secret. And yes the Indian version is much different than Israeli version.

I used to read that Barak 8 was going to sell for $1 - 1.2 million, but that was an old estimate.

I'm trying to compare their cost to Aster 30 ($3 million a pop), looks like VN is buying the land version of it.

If you talking about land version, then they are not going to be integrated with MF-STAR, but with S-band Arudhra radar. And yes it going to be canisterized, and yes the overall cost of a system and even of a single missile is going to be much low than Aster.

Arudhra.jpg

And actually after mass production in BDL, the cost going to be much lower. But decision would be political.

Actually the single system of Barak ( including maintenance) going to be even lower than Akash.

SAM+Comparisons.jpg

Last edited:
Nope bro, the real capability and cost of MF-STAR ( Indian Version ) is still top secret. And yes the Indian version is much different than Israeli version.

If you talking about land version, then they are not going to be integrated with MF-STAR, but with S-band Arudhra radar. And yes it going to be canisterized, and yes the overall cost of a system and even of a single missile is going to be much low than Aster.

Arudhra.jpg

And actually after mass production in BDL, the cost going to be much lower. But decision would be political.

Actually the single system of Barak ( including maintenance) going to be even lower than Akash.

SAM+Comparisons.jpg

Thank you bro, yes, I was talking about Barak 8 land version.
I know it will be much cheaper than Aster 30, I'm just trying to get to specifics prices.
Barak 8 land version in standard configuration works with the same radar as Spyder MR (land version of the MF-STAR radar) and considering that VN is buying Spyder MR, it makes sense to buy Barak 8, not Aster 30.

VN could have mixed batteries with a combo of Spyder and Barak 8.

The 2 batteries of Aster 30 for VN with 93 Aster 30 missiles go for $700 million, way expensive, so I don't see the logic behind the deal.

Back
Top Bottom