What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

everyone knows that link, i already downloaded almost a tb of pdf books from it

B@stard don't quote my link!! I can get in trouble for linking p! rate materials. Just edit it out. Btw, the articles and books from there are academic stuff and not amateur internet analysts. You might even find articles on the batteries too.

I don't agree that kilo is more silent. we both can't know for sure but most analysis and articles I've read say it's the 214. There are other factors too such as propulsion system. It's not far fetched to think 214 is better since the they are newer generation and the Germans are not new to this sub game.

I don't have time to debate now gotta get back to working on my real stuff. I'll get back when I have time to find the exact articles and books.
no panic, the link you provided is not working: DNS lookup error! there is no IP address record for the server name.

no panic, the link you provided is not working: DNS lookup error! there is no IP address record for the server name.

mine is working, a slight difference from this one though, but i won't tell the secret method :pleasantry:

B@stard don't quote my link!! I can get in trouble for linking p! rate materials. Just edit it out. Btw, the articles and books from there are academic stuff and not amateur internet analysts. You might even find articles on the batteries too.

I don't agree that kilo is more silent. we both can't know for sure but most analysis and articles I've read say it's the 214. There are other factors too such as propulsion system. It's not far fetched to think 214 is better since the they are newer generation and the Germans are not new to this sub game.

I don't have time to debate now gotta get back to working on my real stuff. I'll get back when I have time to find the exact articles and books.

I understand you, but again, take a look at all the problems that the German 214 had, they were not minor issues and one of them was that it was very noisy. Yes, they are a newer class, but new not always means better, the Lada is also a newer class but had a lot of problems. As I read, some of the problem with the 214 required a redesign of the sub which is not a great consolation for those countries that already bought it. I would be extremely weary of buying a new design that had so many design problems.

Specs are a relative thing, nobody gives you the REAL SPECS, you can only speculate what the diving depth and speed of an American sub is because they always say deeper than.... at least 30 knots, etc. That's classified information and everybody does the same thing.

Also, specs have to be validated, the promised specs of the 214 weren't real when Greece tested the sub. China is known for publishing big specs and claims that only exist in their imagination.

Anyway, I'll take the improved Kilo at $300 million over the Scorpene at $550 million any day, but that's just my take.

Time to go out to eat some good fish in beautiful Phu Quoc. :yay:We continue later.

Last edited:
1TB of books? you must be an Indian student lol. (that's who I got it from)

@Viet copy the whole URL, don't click.
no dns record found!
do I miss something? can you give me the IP address?

mine is working, a slight difference from this one though, but i won't tell the secret method :pleasantry:
ha ha ha...I tried to figure out the IP address of the server with different domains, but failed :hitwall:

Last edited:
no dns record found!

ha ha ha...I tried to figure out the IP address of the server with different domains, but failed :hitwall:

Its working for me, but only when I copied the url. Maybe Germany is blocking it?

1TB of books? you must be an Indian student lol. (that's who I got it from)

@Viet copy the whole URL, don't click.

i guess, i am much senior to you, i was done with a university's highest degree long time ago. no more i can reveal here. what's your discipline ? will you need to submit dissertation for the fulfillment of your masters?

no dns record found!

keep trying, it will work

Well Russia leased a nuke sub to India, but not many country has the money and resource to operate them anyway.

Nah for diesel sub, the French and German ones are better than the Kilo. The scorpene and type214 are only a little more expensive but has better specs with AIP. It has longer submerged range, longer endurance, yet more compact, more automation requiring less crew. And I suspect more quiet.

The Kilo is outdated. Only the Russian Lada/Amur can be compared to the Scorpene and type 214.

not sure if serious o_O

Vietnam struts its military stuff for Dempsey

bilde

Vietnamese honor guards wait Thursday for the arrival of U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey for talks with Gen. Do Ba Ty, chief of the general staff of the Vietnamese Army, in Hanoi, Vietnam. (Tran Van Minh / AP)

DANANG, VIETNAM — The Vietnamese military showed an unprecedented amount of leg here Thursday.

It sought to catch the eye of Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the first of his kind to visit the Communist country since its founding — and the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

From past-their-prime fighter jets and missile boats to spit-and-polish pilots and sailors from the People's Air Force and Navy, the Vietnamese put on a show. Dempsey seemed charmed.

"Forty-five years ago, I couldn't imagine we'd be sitting in this room, having this conversation," Dempsey told the Vietnamese Navy brass from Naval Zone 3.

No, in 1969, at the height of the war, the notion of U.S., Viet Cong and North Vietnamese military leaders posing for photos and exchanging gifts would have been considered absurd.

Though calling it a conversation might be overstating the stilted, translated, ceremonial chat, the talk and the talker intended to send a message. America, its top military officer said, is serious about shifting its focus and resources to the Pacific. His presence here alone, despite the latest fires in the Middle East, speaks louder than any prepared remarks he could deliver.

Dempsey, in meetings with academics, politicians and military officials here this week, stressed that Vietnam's strategic location between China to the north and bustling nations to the south, along with its long coastline with the South China Sea, makes it a central player in the region.

For their part, the Vietnamese were eager to show that they're up to the challenge.

First up was Vietnam Air Division 372. The grounds of its headquarters hold the inevitable spoils for the victors: 1960s U.S. warplanes, most likely captured when South Vietnam fell in 1975.

But on the flight line and in meeting rooms, it was all (or mostly all) smiles for the chairman. The Vietnamese showcased its hardware despite its age.

Young pilots stood by their 1960s-era MiG 21s, Russian-made fighter jets that bedeviled American fliers. The F-4's they flew had radar and missiles that allowed them to destroy the MiGs from distance.

But the Vietnamese pilots regularly popped up after the F-4's had flown past their bases, taking a heavy toll.

At Naval Zone 3's pier, Dempsey walked the gangway onto a patrol boat of the same vintage as the MiGs. It was unusual access to a Vietnamese naval ship for a high-ranking officer.

Vietnamese army minders popped up to point out what could (not much) and could not (most everything) be photographed. It's possible they, like militaries everywhere, are not eager to display capabilities or, more often, advertise vulnerabilities.

The ship in the adjacent slip appeared to have been painted recently, although not below the water line, suggesting that it may not have been thoroughly overhauled in some time. In any event, Vietnam would be hard-pressed to challenge the Chinese, who are increasingly asserting claims in the waters off Danang.

For now, Dempsey assured the Vietnamese sailors that the old enemies should nurture their new friendship carefully. He called for slow and steady progress.

"We won't rush each other," he said.

Vietnam struts its military stuff for Dempsey | Marine Corps Times | marinecorpstimes.com

greeting US General Martin Dempsey in Danang, a former US key military base during the Vietnam war
01_ltvy.jpg

The most modern tank of the Vietnam people's Army: T-62 with 115mm smooth-bore cannon, a bit more modern and firepower than the 100mm from T-54/55s.
10561564_588370087952622_3390412259829573874_n.jpg

T62_2.jpg

t62_3.png

Last edited:
@Viet I thought the most Modern tank in the VPA was the T-55/54m3 :/ Here's an example photo below:
12760_262810247175276_460997926_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the French scorpene has option to install VLS for land attack missile.
We r talking abt export version. Sub with land attack missile is not defense weapon any more. Its deadly attack machine when being used to invade ur neighbors countries. Can French export that version ?? and pls give me the link which countries buy Scorpene with land attack missile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom