What's new

Vietnam, China back South Korea’s opposition to Japan’s UNESCO bid

Territorial disputes and other economic, political and ethical engagements are separate issues. Vietnam seems to show the maturity of being able to distinguish between the two. I guess, morally, Vietnam wishes to stand by Korea and China. And obviously it is not a formal posture. This is in no way a political expression, as I understand it. It does not mean Vietnam and China reach an agreement over disputed islands. But from pure historical/moral perspective, it is a noble decision on part of Vietnam even at a diplomatically low-level.

Personally, I never have a negative view of Vietnam just as of any other nation across China's neighborhood. Aside from my historical moral perspective, I am state-centered developmentalist. Thus, I believe that, the better the economy of China's neighbors Vietnam included, the better China itself. There cannot be national development in isolation from the larger regional context -- save colonialism and resource theft.

A very mature move by Vietnam,also this move by the Japanese is a little disturbing.Its like the Brits saying thatbwe should give UNESCO heritage tag to Indian fields growing opium which not only crippled the local economy & resulted in the deaths of millions but was responsible to create a bad image of India as a drug exporting hub

A very mature move by Vietnam,also this move by the Japanese is a little disturbing.Its like the Brits saying thatbwe should give UNESCO heritage tag to Indian fields growing opium which not only crippled the local economy & resulted in the deaths of millions but was responsible to create a bad image of India as a drug exporting hub

I guess it is Japanese government to decide, in the final analysis. I tend to stay away from the historical/non-rewindable aspect of disputes and like to concentrate more on now and here. My pro-China posture with respect to islands and other territories is also because they are secular/economic/security related issues that we (each opposing party) can actually control and manipulate to the best of our capabilities.

Morally, though, I believe Vietnam has done the right thing.

Industrial sites have little to do with Japan's colonial wrong doings to Korea or war crimes against China.

This historical industrial sites are related to rise of Japan in the past, but indirectly its effected to the decision of Japan Imperial when Japan invaded in to Korean.

we have to understand the sensitive feelings of Korean people. I wonder for that why Japan has proposed such historical industrial sites to UNESCO. German can do same way to Ruhr historical industrial site in German too.

.(note that S. Korean soldiers weren't innocent in Vietnam war, they killed brutally Vietnamese civilians when they were losers in fighting with our guerrilla).

Last edited:
viets' treachrous nature demonstrate again, that is whay they get raped by japs, france, us, China, and again another round will begin starting with china.

Last edited:
viets' treachrous nature demonstrate again, that is whay they raped by japs, frence, us, China, and again another round will begin starting with china.
you troll again? what has to do with china? this thing only concerns japan and korea.

Back
Top Bottom