What's new

Vidhwansak AMR- India

Robinhood Pandey

Reaction score
Country
India
Vidhwansak (Sanskrit:"The Destroyer") is an Indian multi-caliber anti-materiel rifle (AMR) or large-caliber sniper rifle manufactured by Ordnance Factory Tiruchirapalli. It can be used in the anti-materiel role for destroying enemy bunkers, lightly armoured vehicles, radar systems, communication equipment, parked aircraft, fuel storage facilities, etc. It is also effective in long range sniping, counter sniping and ordnance disposal roles.

Features
Vidhwansak is a manually operated, rotating bolt action rifle. The barrel along with the receiver recoil inside the chassis frame against a damping system. The rifle is fed from a detachable box magazine that is inserted from the left side. The rifle can be quickly disassembled and carried in two man-portable packs, each weighing about 12 to 15 kg.A muzzle brake is fitted on the end of the barrel which absorbs an estimated 50-60% of recoil. This is further supplemented by a buffered slide in the receiver. Vidhwansak is equipped with an 8X magnification, long eye relief telescopic sight with parallax adjustment. A 12X ballistic scope can also be attached.

The rifle has an effective range of 1,800 m (1,300 m for the 20 mm version) while shots can be achieved even up to 2,000 m. The rifle is magazine fed, and reloaded through manual bolt action.

Variants
Vidhwansak AMR is one of few firearms to support 3 calibers with quick interchangeability (without completely disassembling and reworking the weapon). The Vidhwansak can be easily converted between the three calibers - 12.7 mm, 14.5 mm and 20 mm, by replacing the barrel, bolt, magazine and scope, which takes about 1 minute in the field, without the need for any specialized tools.

Ammunition 12.7x108mm 14.5x114mm 20x82mm
Pitch of Rifle 1: 390 mm 1 : 420 mm 1 : 560 mm
Sights 8 X 42 power telescopic sight with parallax adjustment
Muzzle Velocity 845 m/s 1,080 m/s 720 m/s
Range 1,800 m 1,800 m 1,300 m

ntw20.jpg

@sandy_3126 @Abingdonboy

can't we use this as sniper rifle with modifications ??

specs looks decent . . and its already in service with BSF !!

its too heavy for a dedicated sniper role. . or i'm just too high . .bhai :D:D:D

BTW its an anti material sniper rifle o_Oo_Oo_O
In my personal opinion, all the three rounds used in this variant of Denel NTW 20 are anti material rifle rounds. The 12.7 x 108 is a 50 cal round but has a larger casing than the 50BMG (12.7x99mm). To me even a 50BMG is overkill for sniper rifle.

my top picks for sniper rifles would be .338 Lapua Mag or 0.338 Norma Mag as long range cartridge, .300 Win mag (800 yards+) and 7.62 x 51 nato or 7.62 x54R (600 yards +) calibers.

Remington MSR is a good example which can switch barrels for all three rounds,338LM, .300 wM and 7.62x51N.

Back
Top Bottom