What's new

VIDEO: Prominent Saudi cleric’s son describes the “unusual” arrest of his father

Luffy 500

Reaction score

The son of prominent Saudi scholar, Shaykh Salman al-Ouda, describes the “unusual” arrest of his father by plain-clothed police officers.

--------------------------------------

None of the saudi scholars arrested even publicly voiced opposition to the loose canon MBS but still they have been arrested - without any warrent, legal document anything. Keep in mind that Saudi Ulemas emphasize allegiance to the ruler no matter how bad he is and this position has some basis in Islamic text. May Allah (swt) save these ulemas and preserve them against the tyrannical rulers.

@Iqbal Ali @war&peace @Psychic @Khafee @Apprentice @Banglar Bir @dsr478 @Zarvan @AUz @Dai Toruko @Verve @HAKIKAT @Arsalan @Samlee @Max @Khafee @jamal18 @Narendra Trump @mb444 @Mirzah @shah_123 @Avicenna
@Meengla @Lagay Raho @Dawood Ibrahim @simple Brain @Malik Abdullah @Mrc @Fledgingwings @tesla @Timur

WTF is Saudis doing and why? Is there a reason for all this saber rattling by MBS.

The son of prominent Saudi scholar, Shaykh Salman al-Ouda, describes the “unusual” arrest of his father by plain-clothed police officers.

--------------------------------------

None of the saudi scholars arrested even publicly voiced opposition to the loose canon MBS but still they have been arrested - without any warrent, legal document anything. Keep in mind that Saudi Ulemas emphasize allegiance to the ruler no matter how bad he is and this position has some basis in Islamic text. May Allah (swt) save these ulemas and preserve them against the tyrannical rulers.

@Iqbal Ali @war&peace @Psychic @Khafee @Apprentice @Banglar Bir @dsr478 @Zarvan @AUz @Dai Toruko @Verve @HAKIKAT @Arsalan @Samlee @Max @Khafee @jamal18 @Narendra Trump @mb444 @Mirzah @shah_123 @Avicenna
@Meengla @Lagay Raho @Dawood Ibrahim @simple Brain @Malik Abdullah @Mrc @Fledgingwings @tesla @Timur

Luffy go to sleep !:)

He is rewriting Islam to appease the west/non muslim world, and doesn't want any opposition to that.

he is trying to achieve what wasn't even conceivable once.he is making or at least trying to make saudia more liberal.
First rule of making something liberal is allowing the opposition to exist. If he is locking opposition to his views how is he making things liberal? It seems more of a dictatorship.

First rule of making something liberal is allowing the opposition to exist. If he is locking opposition to his views how is he making things liberal? It seems more of a dictatorship.
these arrests has nothing to do with his policies but to strengthen his claim to throne all the major players arrested are his cousins .

not to keep the west but frustrated under 25 youth calm.they want this change he is piggybacking on it

That is true... there is a huge fault line growing within Muslim societies... those who want to change and progress... versus those who want to regress. It is somewhat generational, demographics, but largely economical.

Things will only get worse.

The clerics thought that if they kept beating the drums in support of the Saud family, they will get along and can live life easily.

But ofcourse they were wrong and should have stood up when they were needed. Now the punishment is upon them - hopefully they will open their eyes.

Clerics are not holy men. Nobody but ignorant people worship them and there has never been a tradition of worshipping clerics in KSA until this trend began by a minority of people after certain clerics began using Twitter and social media in general rather than concentrating on religious studies and religion itself.

There was a senior Grand Mufti (senior Muslim cleric) and a number of clerics who formed the council of senior clerics and who usually had the final say or at least a big say whenever religious matters were decided on. Many of those were/are good and learned people and are respected but they were never worshipped as it is not a tradition in KSA or the main sects founds in KSA. Excluding the Shia Jafari minority of course.

The individual in question is a controversial cleric who long before was causing trouble. Not to say that he was on the payroll of the hostile, traitorous and anti-Arab Qatari regime.

Al-Ouda, Al-Qurani members of a spying network: Saudi sources

Saudi cleric Salman Al-Ouda, Awad Al-Qurani, and the rest of individuals detained in Saudi Arabia during the past few days are all members of a spying network nabbed by state security, Saudi sources revealed.

The spying network also includes media personality Fahd Al-Seneidy, poet Ziad Bin Neheit, and a man accused of directly communicating with Houthis.

The Council of Senior Scholars praised the elimination of the threat in a tweet.

None of the legal rights of the detainees will be violated, Reuters quoted a Saudi source.

The arrested individuals have a long record of engaging in activities that undermine state security and Saudi social order. The network attracts and recruits youths to carry out transgressive activities and is supported, overtly and covertly, by anti-Saudi Arabia entities, Riyadh newspaper said.

https://qatarileaks.com/en/leak/al-ouda-al-qurani-members-of-a-spying-network-saudi-sources

His son should not complain from what looks like to be the US but rather face the facts and try to convince his father of not making up unnecessary trouble.

MbS is draining the swamp and he has tremendous support from the youth (70% of the population). So-called "holy men" have done enough of harm inside KSA and the region as a whole. It will no longer be tolerated by the people and they can no longer hide under the banner of Islam as if they own Islam solely and if it was their personal property. A whole nation will no longer be their hostage. As MbS said publicly a few times already, terrorism and troublemakers will be crushed and we will not wait for them to cause trouble.

I can happily announce that this troublemaking cleric is one out of many that was taken out back in September of this year.

Of course pseudo-Islamists and MB/Qatar supporters have been crying ever since and continue to cry while reading Qatari propaganda 24/7 mainly deriving from the trerrorist channel and nest Al-Jazeera and other Qatari-owned pamphlets operating from within the Arab world as well as the West.

Last edited:
Clerics are not holy men. Nobody but ignorant people worship them and there has never been a tradition of worshipping clerics in KSA until this trend began by a minority of people after certain clerics began using Twitter and social media in general rather than concentrating on religious studies and religion itself.

There was a senior Grand Mufti (senior Muslim cleric) and a number of clerics who formed the council of senior clerics and who usually had the final say or at least a big say whenever religious matters were decided on. Many of those were/are good and learned people and are respected but they were never worshipped as it is not a tradition in KSA or the main sects founds in KSA. Excluding the Shia Jafari minority of course.

The individual in question is a controversial cleric who long before was causing trouble. Not to say that he was on the payroll of the hostile, traitorous and anti-Arab Qatari regime.

Al-Ouda, Al-Qurani members of a spying network: Saudi sources

Saudi cleric Salman Al-Ouda, Awad Al-Qurani, and the rest of individuals detained in Saudi Arabia during the past few days are all members of a spying network nabbed by state security, Saudi sources revealed.

The spying network also includes media personality Fahd Al-Seneidy, poet Ziad Bin Neheit, and a man accused of directly communicating with Houthis.

The Council of Senior Scholars praised the elimination of the threat in a tweet.

None of the legal rights of the detainees will be violated, Reuters quoted a Saudi source.

The arrested individuals have a long record of engaging in activities that undermine state security and Saudi social order. The network attracts and recruits youths to carry out transgressive activities and is supported, overtly and covertly, by anti-Saudi Arabia entities, Riyadh newspaper said.

https://qatarileaks.com/en/leak/al-ouda-al-qurani-members-of-a-spying-network-saudi-sources

His son should not complain from what looks like to be the US but rather face the facts and try to convince his father of not making up unnecessary trouble.

MbS is draining the swamp and he has tremendous support from the youth (70% of the population). So-called "holy men" have done enough of harm inside KSA and the region as a whole. It will no longer be tolerated by the people and they can no longer hide under the banner of Islam as if they own Islam solely and if it was their personal property. A whole nation will no longer be their hostage. As MbS said publicly a few times already, terrorism and troublemakers will be crushed and we will not wait for them to cause trouble.

I can happily announce that this troublemaking cleric is one out of many that was taken out back in September of this year.

Of course pseudo-Islamists and MB/Qatar supporters have been crying ever since and continue to cry while reading Qatari propaganda 24/7 mainly deriving from the trerrorist channel and nest Al-Jazeera and other Qatari-owned pamphlets operating from within the Arab world as well as the West.

Brother with all due respect Where did you find "worshipping shcolars" here? Demanding justice & asking legitimate and logical questions seems worshipping to you? Or are you so blinded by nationalism that you refuse to see the truth. Its natural to feel a bond to your country but when that affection clouds your judgement so much so that you blindly defend the injustices of your government that's when it becomes blameworthy and despicable tribalism that does NOT behoove a human let alone a muslim that too someone who have been blessed with an Arabic tongue by Allah (swt). Your whole narrative if verbatim saudi state propaganda. Alzazerra is terror channel? You expect non-saudis to believe that absurd propaganda?

P.s: as a muslim I passionately respect saudi scholars of orthodoxy who have been unjustly arrested. Scholars are the inheritors of the prophets. MBS even arrested scholars like Salih Al munajjid (may Allah preserve him). If people like Sh. Munajjid & Sh.Salman al-Ouda are extremist, then 99% of all islamic scholars are extremists. It seems MBS took his ijaza from Abu Ivanka al-Amriki and Sh.Jared kushner. I just hope this loose canon do not sell off KSA to US corporations and brain-dead UAE royals.

Brother with all due respect Where did you find "worshipping shcolars" here? Demanding justice & asking legitimate and logical questions seems worshipping to you? Or are you so blinded by nationalism that you refuse to see the truth. Its natural to feel a bond to your country but when that affection clouds your judgement so much so that you blindly defend the injustices of your government that's when it becomes blameworthy and despicable tribalism that does NOT behoove a human let alone a muslim that too someone who have been blessed with an Arabic tongue by Allah (swt). Your whole narrative if verbatim saudi state propaganda. Alzazerra is terror channel? You expect non-saudis to believe that absurd propaganda?

P.s: as a muslim I passionately respect saudi scholars of orthodoxy who have been unjustly arrested. Scholars are the inheritors of the prophets. MBS even arrested scholars like Salih Al munajjid (may Allah preserve him). If people like Sh. Munajjid & Sh.Salman al-Ouda are extremist, then 99% of all islamic scholars are extremists. It seems MBS took his ijaza from Abu Ivanka al-Amriki and Sh.Jared kushner. I just hope this loose canon do not sell off KSA to US corporations and brain-dead UAE royals.

First of all you need to realize that all scholars regardless of country, especially if acting in a official capacity, are in line with the people of power. That has almost always been the case even during the era of the Caliphate (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Ottoman).

My opinion is that scholars should not involve themselves in the affairs of the state that have nothing to do with religion.

Clerics who for whatever reason are more aligned to political group x or y home or abroad, to regime ruling country x or y, should keep such views to themselves especially if they risk creating instability or potentially harm for their own country and people.

I am not a Saudi Arabian nationalist but rather a patriot. I am an Arab nationalist (like the majority of the 500 million Arabs, especially those of us very familiar with our history and history overall) in the sense that I want the best for the Arab world and increased cooperation.

Al-Jazeera (in my view) has lost all its credibility a long time ago. Here I am referring to the Arabic version that you might not be familiar with. A channel that openly supports terrorist acts against numerous Arab countries. Most recently the attack that killed 305 people in Sinai.

I suggest taking a look at the Qatari Leaks.

https://twitter.com/qatarileaks?lang=ar

They have turned into a propaganda channel that posts nonsense, lies and utter propaganda against KSA. From claiming that Qataris are banned from performing Hajj and Umrah (they were exposed by their own citizens in this case yet they did not report on this), to their double play and ties with the Iranian Mullah regime to being the biggest hypocrites out there as they host the largest US base in the region and moreover have a long history with dealings with Israel dating back all the way to the 1990's where the likes of Shimon Perez was gifted an Arabian sword as a thank you for slaughtering Palestinians.
The current al-Thani regime is utterly despicable and their actions harm not only Qatar itself but the unity of the GCC and the wider Arab world. I cannot stand side by side with such a regime albeit the House of Saud is not perfect but which Muslim regime is that? There are none.

I do not worship any clerics. If those individuals have been arrested there are good reasons for that which the public and wider Muslim masses are not aware of. There are plenty of more orthodox scholars and less orthodox scholars who are free to preach. The Council of Senior Scholars is left unharmed.

This blind loyalty to some scholars remind me of the worship of Mullah's in Shia Twelver Islam. I rather have nothing to do with that. We have a perfect example of that in Iran and among the Shia Arab sheep in Iraq and Southern Lebanon (not to mention the worst cases which are found in Afghanistan and Pakistan) and now most recently a cult emerging among the Zaydi Shias (who are otherwise the most close to Sunni Muslims) in Yemen in the form of Houthis where untouchable Mullah's are in "action" as well for all to see.

I understand and respect that you are an Orthodox Muslim (or whatever we shall call it or what you want to be called) but you need to realize that the Muslim world and Muslim masses by large are not educated enough. Islam in many countries have been mixed with local practices that orthodox locals now defend with their lives. Yesterday millions of Sunni Muslims were celebrating a birthday (the exact date is not know with certainty) that never was celebrated by the Prophet (saws) himself, his family or the Sahabah. This is where we are today and that is not even mentioning groups like Daesh that unfortunately have attracted 1000's of Muslims from across the world and even more native Iraqis and Syrians and 100's of other such groups regardless of claimed sect allegiance.

That ignorance is not only limited to regions outside of the Peninsula. Within KSA we had so-called "Orthodox" scholars who defended the moronic and anti-Islamic 20 year old ban on women driving that King Salman wisely removed for it to never return. Just one example.

Muslims need to study their actual religion more rather than following cultural aspects found native to their lands blindly. They should also stop mixing religion with politics in this day and age (2017) when politics has everything to do with influence of nation states and regimes in power rather than the well-being of Islam or good of Islam or any religion for that matter, I am afraid.

I faced the harsh reality a few years back and changed forever. I am no longer fooled by empty slogans or words regardless whether it is a cleric or a non-cleric uttering them.

BTW what separates Islam from Judaism and especially Christianity, is that clerics ("holy men") do not have monopoly on Islam or as important a position (historically and currently) as we see in those two other Abrahamic religions.

Clerics, especially the good ones, should be respected for their knowledge and service but they should not be turned into unchallenged figures or turned into "saints" as many of them already have been by millions of Muslims. No need to elaborate on this part on a Pakistani forum.

Last edited:
My opinion is that scholars should not involve themselves in the affairs of the state that have nothing to do with religion.

Your opinion is invalid as it calls for separation of state and religion.

If it was like that then the Prophet (PBUH) wouldnt have indicated Abu Bakr (RA) to be the first Caliph by signaling that he should be the Imam leading the muslims in prayer.

I am not a Saudi Arabian nationalist but rather a patriot. I am an Arab nationalist (like the majority of the 500 million Arabs, especially those of us very familiar with our history and history overall) in the sense that I want the best for the Arab world and increased cooperation.

Not a nationalism but a patriot. Oxymoron much? Patriotism has no place in Islam, and is akin to being like Pre-islamic Arabia. Saudi Arabia didnt even exist 100 years ago, what are you holding onto? just some artificial construct dictated by the British and Americans.

You may try to portray that Pan-Arabism is working in the Arab world, but is it really? If there were elections to be held in any Arab country today, it would naturally move towards and Islamic government (like Palestine and Egypt proved) because guess what... the people are not Pan-Arab anymore or loyal to the lines drawn up by ex-colonial governments, they are Pan-Islamic. Pan-Arabism failed when people realized their Kings and Dictators are nothing but mere puppets of the Western world. The West already knows the reality (of the weak support these tyrants have) and continues to support these illegitimate regimes while calling for "Democracy" in other parts of the world.

You try to draw a parallel between Islam and Christianity, about how religious men subvert and do everything for their own gain. I'd rather have a religious leader who does that, than a non-religious leader and he does the same (comparing the two worst options), since the religious leader is atleast not harming the society by removing the influence of Islam.

That ignorance is not only limited to regions outside of the Peninsula. Within KSA we had so-called "Orthodox" scholars who defended the moronic and anti-Islamic 20 year old ban on women driving that King Salman wisely removed for it to never return. Just one example.

King Salman also proposed a Red sea style resort in Saudi Arabia, where Islamic law will not apply so him and his perverse kind can go and enjoy alcohol and naked women, guess they don't have to go to Lebanese resorts for their deviance anymore. Just one example.

Muslims need to study their actual religion more rather than following cultural aspects found native to their lands blindly. They should also stop mixing religion with politics in this day and age (2017) when politics has everything to do with influence of nation states and regimes in power rather than the well-being of Islam or good of Islam or any religion for that matter, I am afraid.

I faced the harsh reality a few years back and changed forever. I am no longer fooled by empty slogans or words regardless whether it is a cleric or a non-cleric uttering them.

The harsh reality is that you stopped giving a damn about the Islamic cause and lost hope in it and decided for your own benefit in this world, that it is better to promote something does not move you out of the comfort zone.

If you truly believed in Islam, you wouldnt care about worldy affairs (which are temporary) and watering down Islam in exchange for this world.

Yes its true that clerics and mullahs nowadays are being used by groups around the world to cause trouble (im not gonna be naive and deny that) and dissent - and the reason for that is because we don't have a central authority.

And we can never have a central authority, unless you let go of your allegiances towards these fake nations set up by colonials powers.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom