What's new

Very long range BVR Air to air missiles

PK_Patriot

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BVR air to air MACH-4 missiles with range of 300 km will take 5 minutes to reach to reach target. This is a huge time for any aircraft even to land. Fire, forget and hide strategy is viable in future ? USA AAMRAM(c,d,ncade) are at most 120 Km to 200 Km range. Comment please that how US see this all

BVR air to air MACH-4 missiles with range of 300 km will take 5 minutes to reach to reach target. This is a huge time for any aircraft even to land. Fire, forget and hide strategy is viable in future ? USA AAMRAM(c,d,ncade) are at most 120 Km to 200 Km range. Comment please that how US see this all

Mach 4 = 1.1801856 KM/s

i.e a missile traveling a Mach 4 will travel 300Km's in 254 seconds, that's 4.23 mins.

As a rule of thumb BVR engagements are at half the actual capacity of the BVR range,

Head on engagement, at a missile launched at 4 mach with the target at say traveling at mach 1, the relative velocity will be mach 5,

@60 KM engagment : 40.67 seconds to impact
@80 KM Engagement: 54.22 Seconds to impact.

Now given the extremely small rcs of a A2A missile, picking up on the Pulse doppler radar is difficult thus most modern A/cs rely on IR and Spectral UV MAWS where detection range is as low as 20 miles, and thus the reaction time of pilot when he actually picks up the alarm tone on the Maws is 13.56 Sec's.

Now you tell me it that is enough for the aircraft to out maneuver a Mach 4 15G missile?

Mach 4 = 1.1801856 KM/s

i.e a missile traveling a Mach 4 will travel 300Km's in 254 seconds, that's 4.23 mins.

As a rule of thumb BVR engagements are at half the actual capacity of the BVR range,

Head on engagement, at a missile launched at 4 mach with the target at say traveling at mach 1, the relative velocity will be mach 5,

Now given the extremely small rcs of a A2A missile, picking up on the Pulse doppler radar is difficult thus most modern A/cs rely on IR and Spectral UV MAWS where detection range is as low as 20 miles, and thus the reaction time of pilot when he actually picks up the alarm tone on the Maws is 13.56 Sec's.

Now you tell me it that is enough for the aircraft to out maneuver a Mach 4 15G missile?
F-35 spead is less than 1.6 mach which is 2.5 times less than BVR missiles speed. In a scenario if BVR missile fired at the distance of 350 km from target, if aircraft and missile travels towards each other, in this case F-35 travels 100 km while BVR travels 250 km. It will still takes 2-3 minutes to reach target! Still more than 3 minutes! Can't be A2A missiles detected at larger distance, I heard Indian K-100 is massive and weight of 700KG while US AAmRAM-ncade is 160KG in weight ?

Mach 4 = 1.1801856 KM/s

AWACS can extend range of A2A missile detection ?

F-35 spead is less than 1.6 mach which is 2.5 times less than BVR missiles speed. In a scenario if BVR missile fired at the distance of 350 km from target, if aircraft and missile travels towards each other, in this case F-35 travels 100 km while BVR travels 250 km. It will still takes 2-3 minutes to reach target! Still more than 3 minutes! Can't be A2A missiles detected at larger distance, I heard Indian K-100 is massive and weight of 700KG while US AAmRAM-ncade is 160KG in weight ?
hahaha :o::o::o:you are Amateur analysis Speaks its Self Bot you are unaware of F-35 Capabilities:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:'

Ever heard of
AN/AAQ-37 Distributed Aperture System (DAS) for the F-35

hahaha :o::o::o:you are Amateur analysis Speaks its Self Bot you are unaware of F-35 Capabilities:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
There is nothing wrong in it ! He just created scenario to discuss about the target(1.6 mach) and A2A(mach 4) missile. F-35 is not invincible, difficult but not invincible

There is nothing wrong in it ! He just created scenario to discuss about the target(1.6 mach) and A2A(mach 4) missile. F-35 is not invincible, difficult but not invincible
Once again Stupid Analysis AN/AAQ-37 tracks any missile or even Ballistic,cruise missile threat from 1300 km before And Make Pilot Complete Situation Awareness. I don't think you Know that before Bot just go through Link i Posted. You Might get An Idea What are you messing with:lol::lol::lol::lol:Thatz why i said Amateur

you don't have powerful radar to detect a stealth jet @350km ... quite hard to lock on Stealth jet from that range ... may be not possible in this century. ..

:agree::agree: heard of it very well ....... this discussion is about the capability of Air to Air BVR missiles not the capability of F-35 :hitwall:
If you heard it you Know its Capabilities F-35 with An/AAQ-37 is Undefeated In Bvr Engagements

Once again Stupid Analysis AN/AAQ-37 tracks any missile or even Ballistic,cruise missile threat from 1300 km before And Make Pilot Complete Situation Awareness. I don't think you Know that before Bot just go through Link i Posted. You Might get An Idea What are you messing with:lol::lol::lol::lol:Thatz why i said Amateur
you don't have powerful radar to detect a stealth jet @350km ... quite hard to lock on Stealth jet from that range ... may be not possible in this century. ..
check comment of NKVD that " AN/AAQ-37 tracks any missile or even Ballistic,cruise missile threat from 1300 km before And Make Pilot Complete Situation Awareness."

If you heard it you Know its Capabilities F-35 with An/AAQ is Undefeated In Bvr Engagements
undefeated with russian BVR or testing models of their own?

If you heard it you Know its Capabilities F-35 with An/AAQ-37 is Undefeated In Bvr Engagements
Again this is about the A2A capability not F-35

check comment of NKVD that " AN/AAQ-37 tracks any missile or even Ballistic,cruise missile threat from 1300 km before And Make Pilot Complete Situation Awareness."
He Talking About Radar Bot F-35 Has Apg-81 Aesa Best radar Ever Created Uphill Now.

Mach 4 = 1.1801856 KM/s

Sir it is called BVR because human naked eye cant see it travelling?

undefeated with russian BVR or testing models of their own?
just Compete Records of Russian Bvr with Western One YOu Might Get An Idea. Many Prominent Experts of you on country Tell Aim-120c Best Bvr in Asia Itself o_Oo_O

Back
Top Bottom