What's new

USS Carl Vinson and INS Shakti

USAHawk785

Reaction score
Country
United States
The US Navy's USS Carl Vinson steaming with the Indian Navy's INS Shakti:

120413-N-UT411-2510.jpg

You're welcome, bud. This was during the 2012 Malabar Naval Exercise between the United States Navy and the Indian Navy. :)

Huge difference, can we not get one those Carl Vinson types?

Here's a better view of the INS Shakti. This ship was built in Italian Shipyards. Quite pretty, imho. :)

752206.jpg

Huge difference, can we not get one those Carl Vinson types?

He he, as far as I'm concerned, isn't the IN scheduled to induct a new carrier to its navy late this year?

there are 41 planes on USS Carl Wilson

i counted them

Here's a better view of the INS Shakti. This ship was built in Italian Shipyards. Quite pretty, imho. :)

752206.jpg

He he, as far as I'm concerned, isn't the IN scheduled to induct a new carrier to its navy late this year?

Yes,the INS Vikramaditya STOBAR carrier,which was Admiral Gorshkov once. But delays are likely

he he he, now imagine, there are 11 carriers in the USN. ;)

Yes,the INS Vikramaditya STOBAR carrier,which was Admiral Gorshkov once. But delays are likely

It's about time the Indian Navy gets a new carrier, a nation the size of India and with its naval responsibilities in patrolling the full breadth of the Indian Ocean requires a much newer carrier. My question is , what will be the fate of the INS Viraat? Will it be mothballed or will it remain on reserve service?

In my view, I think that the Indian Navy should have at least a minimum of 3 carriers. The IN should have an active 3 carrier battle groups active to meet any crisis and to help preserve peace and stability in the Indian Ocean / Arabian Peninsula / Western Pacific.

he he he, now imagine, there are 11 carriers in the USN. ;)

It's about time the Indian Navy gets a new carrier, a nation the size of India and with its naval responsibilities in patrolling the full breadth of the Indian Ocean requires a much newer carrier. My question is , what will be the fate of the INS Viraat? Will it be mothballed or will it remain on reserve service?

INS Viraat may continue in service until 2018,considering the refurbishments it received. Then its likely that we will operate 3 carriers at the same time-vikramaditya,viraat and vikrant (IAC 1).

After retiring viraat may be made into a mueseum like the old INS Viraat.

Thanks for the reply, Acetophenol. Good to see the speedy progress of the IN's directive to become a Blue-Water Navy.

INS Viraat may continue in service until 2018,considering the refurbishments it received. Then its likely that we will operate 3 carriers at the same time-vikramaditya,viraat and vikrant (IAC 1).

After retiring viraat may be made into a mueseum like the old INS Viraat.

I've read into the naval history of the Indian Navy, quite impressive with the naval battles you've had with your direct neighbors. What amazes me was your navy's ability to operate and preserve the now-mothballed INS Vikrant, which was decommissioned in 1997.

It would be good to see the IN employing 3 carrier battle groups in the immediate future. As they say, "control the seas, and you control the outlook of a war..."

I'm glad to see that the United States also participating and cooperating with our Indian counterparts in that region of the world. Definitely, our military and our military heads see a stable partnership with ROI.

Thanks for the reply, Acetophenol. Good to see the speedy progress of the IN's directive to become a Blue-Water Navy.

I've read into the naval history of the Indian Navy, quite impressive with the naval battles you've had with your direct neighbors. What amazes me was your navy's ability to operate and preserve the now-mothballed INS Vikrant, which was decommissioned in 1997.

It would be good to see the IN employing 3 carrier battle groups in the immediate future. As they say, "control the seas, and you control the outlook of a war..."

I'm glad to see that the United States also participating and cooperating with our Indian counterparts in that region of the world. Definitely, our military and our military heads see a stable partnership with ROI.

You are always welcome my friend!:usa:
By the way,we won't be able to operate 3 aircraft carriers for a long time as INS Viraat will be retired. But after that our own INS Vishal will join navy.

Also please note that INS Vikrant(IAC-1) is an indegenous carrier under construction. It bears the same name as that of the first aircraft carrier we operated(which is now retired)

Look like a small child roaming with big boy in ocean ... :lol:

True!
However the 'child' doesn't look too small either!

You are always welcome my friend!:usa:
By the way,we won't be able to operate 3 aircraft carriers for a long time as INS Viraat will be retired. But after that our own INS Vishal will join navy.

Also please note that INS Vikrant(IAC-1) is an indegenous carrier under construction. It bears the same name as that of the first aircraft carrier we operated(which is now retired)

True!
However the 'child' doesn't look too small either!

Yes, I've read into that. That's impressive and a sign of the growing maturity of the Indian Defense Industry. The operation of an aircraft carrier not only signifies naval supremacy , but also provides that nation with air superiority, and control of the air, and sea lanes. It imposes, protects, and controls the strategic field and the centerpiece of a nation's naval might. These are floating air bases that can steam any where in international waters and thereby project one's naval might.

I look forward to the day where USN carrier battle-groups will be participating in joint naval exercises with IN carrier battle groups.

Hawk, can u post a link to the pic? I cannot see it here. thanks

Here's another picture, bro.

7085080107_fec6460dd6_z.jpg

MALABAR15.jpg

6932446356_7e72f5f2d6_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom