What's new

USAF shots down uncontrollable MQ-9

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
An Air Force MQ-9 Reaper unmanned aircraft crashed in Afghanistan Sept. 13 at approximately 5:30 a.m. Kabul time.

The aircraft was flying a combat mission when positive control of the aircraft was lost. When the aircraft remained on a course that would depart Afghanistan airspace, a U.S. Air Force manned aircraft took proactive measures to down the MQ-9 in a remote area of northern Afghanistan.

The Reaper impacted the side of a mountain and there were no reports of civilian injuries or damage to civilian property at the site.

The aircraft is a medium-to-high altitude long-endurance, unmanned aircraft system. The MQ-9's primary mission is as a persistent hunter-killer against emerging targets to achieve joint force commander objectives.

A board will be convened to investigate the incident.

i hope they do not end up saying that it was PAF who hacked the UCAV!!! :lol:
and tell you what, i dont have any indian news channel and perhaps there might be some documnetry running on them showin a PAF man hacking the planes system and making it fly toward us!! :lol: :rofl:
well thats how they usually react!!!! :hitwall:

regards!

and tell you what, i dont have any indian news channel and perhaps there might be some documnetry running on them showin a PAF man hacking the planes system and making it fly toward us!! :lol: :rofl:

regards!

ye bhi Pakistan nay hack karlya ub hamaray against used hoga UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN UNNNNNNNNNN UNNNNNNNNNNN Uwaaan uwaaaaaaaaaan uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! :rofl:

My sources at Nellis, off the record, told me that damn thing was running an experimental version of Windoze.

My sources at Nellis, off the record, told me that damn thing was running an experimental version of Windoze.

AAAARRGHHHH!!! that hurts! you are talking to a Winders Beta tester..:P

That's OK though! In our enterprise we have winders, penguins, true blue, Solaris, Sun, even the evil IBM..

Seriously, I am glad we still have the good old fighter jocks out there.

A robot is still just that. Hope they were able to retrieve what was left of it. It needs lookin' at.

Something about User's Access Control (UAC) that either locked out the pilot or kept asking him for permission to do just about anything:

- Are you sure you wanna roll right?
- Are you sure you wanna climb to 10,000 ft?
- Are you sure you wanna rotate the IR camera?

So they had to call in a human to fix the problem.

:lol:

regards!

Lol i have several indian news channels on dish ! & so far there haven't been any usual :woot: negative news towards Pakistan on the topic :no:

Something about User's Access Control (UAC) that either locked out the pilot or kept asking him for permission to do just about anything:

:rofl: Just had a mental image of the controler giving a command to the reaper and the reply comming back,
"Im sorry, i cant let you do that Dave. "

AH! The dreaded "Incorrect Username or password" message!:lol:

Way to go USAF, another wreck of 10.5 million taxpayer money. And that's price tag without all the ordinace it carried.

Now that money could had been used to fix the health care problem......

they needs to shot down it coz all around afghanistan hostile countries are present and they wont want to repeat the history of cruise missiles as people in neighbour countries are good in reverse engineering:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom