What's new

USAF First Image of B-21Strike Bomber

Desertfalcon

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
Northrop-Grumman was awarded the contract in 2014 to develop America's next long range strike bomber which was soon designated the B-21. The first images of that designed were released today.

Meet the B-21, the newly unveiled Air Force bomber of the future - The Washington Post

r

wait took them two years to come up with a design which was already there? maybe i am missing something here?

wait took them two years to come up with a design which was already there? maybe i am missing something here?
Ya, I don't know why they didn't just name it "B-2.0". :P Pretty much the same design. Maybe it's what is under the skin.

b-2-spirit-bomber-flies-over-95th-rose-bowl-game.jpg

B-2 has a jagged body. now it's a kite/diamond in shape.

Ya, I don't know why they didn't just name it "B-2.0". :P Pretty much the same design. Maybe it's what is under the skin.

Pretty odd numbering. US generally chooses even numbers while Russians have been naming theirs in odd numbers. Northrop Grumman insisted on securing F-20 designation for Tigershark instead of F-19 for the same reason, I believe.

The Secretary of the Air Force said that the design shown is not 100% accurate due to security concerns. A flying wing design does seem to be the route they are headed in though.

Looks like a flying version of the USS Zumwalt
Oopps the image got changed o_O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom