What's new

US woman gets $34,927.43 bill for coronavirus treatment

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
woman in the United States says she was billed $34,927.43 after being tested and treated for the coronavirus, Time magazine reports.

When Danni Askini first came down with the symptoms of the virus - shortness of breath, a fever, a cough and migraines - she was told by a doctor to go to the emergency room. There, she was told she had pneumonia and could go home. She visited the emergency room two more times as her symptoms persisted and worsened before she was finally tested for the coronavirus. Three days later her results showed she had COVID-19.

The tests and her treatment for the viral illness all took place while Askini was uninsured and before President Trump signed congressional measures ensuring free diagnostic testing. After, she got a bill totaling $34,927.43.

"I was pretty sticker-shocked," she told Time. "I personally don't know anybody who has that kind of money."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...ts-3492743-bill-for-coronavirus-treatment?amp

Poor Americans voted for Trump and never wanted universal healthcare. Even Obamacare was better than no healthcare. Now Americans will regret it.
Absolutely sad. Many will suffer and die because they cannot afford to be seen, tested and treated.

Poor Americans voted for Trump and never wanted universal healthcare. Even Obamacare was better than no healthcare. Now Americans will regret it.

How is it Trump's fault? Obamacare was not Universal healthcare. You are forced to pay high premiums.

Hi,

Theyu won't---.

I wrote here somewhere---. Americans are one of the dumbest nations of the world when it comes to their personal welfare---.

They are absolutely stupid---at levels never imagined---.

Their only saving grace is their military and the most modern weapons and the love to kill relentlessly without any remorse compassion once they start against you---.

How is it Trump's fault? Obamacare was not Universal healthcare. You are forced to pay high premiums.

Premiums were pretty cheap---if your employer did not offer you any insurance---but if the employer offered insurance--- and your income was less---you were doomed---.

Premiums were pretty cheap---if your employer did not offer you any insurance---but if the employer offered insurance--- and your income was less---you were doomed---.

When I checked last year, the premiums for a 70+ person was starting at 1300+ per month.

I should have mentioned about the california care insurance which is much cheaper---but still it is outrageous---..

The best option is to settle in a state that offers some kind of Medicaid program. Paying for a plan under Obamacare is not economically practical if you don't get insurance through your employer. No wonder young people with no health care benefits through employer are choosing to pay the yearly penalty while paying taxes and stay uninsured. This whole Obamacare program was to cater/help the Insurance companies rather than the common people.

Hi,

Theyu won't---.

I wrote here somewhere---. Americans are one of the dumbest nations of the world when it comes to their personal welfare---.

They are absolutely stupid---at levels never imagined---.

Their only saving grace is their military and the most modern weapons and the love to kill relentlessly without any remorse compassion once they start against you---.

Once the morality rates goes into the thousands, we will see a huge mood swing. It is a pity, the issue is Americans have too short a memory.

Absolutely sad. Many will suffer and die because they cannot afford to be seen, tested and treated.
If it is an emergency the hospitals are bound to treat them and then seek payment, but their insurance will cover if patient can't pay.

This is why universal health care is so important. In fact, if the virus has taught me anything, a ubi is now more vital than ever before, in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom