What's new

US wants to offer best defence technology to India: Pentagon

Thanks for the concern mate.
I would rather worry about the fact that China is in the position where once US was sometime ago.And gud chance China may be in a position someday in future where US is now vis-a -vis Pakistan.

India can take care of itself.But appreciate the concern.:pakistan:

i know now I am going to hear great love story of two brothers.:partay:

Don't worry, no lecture from me today... I brought it up as more of a light joke, but anyway;

I see it as a similar situation because;

USA $--> Pakistan to counter Russia

And now

USA $--> India to counter China.

And the irony (and perhaps coincidence) is that when Pakistan fought Russia, India was on Russian side. Now, as USA 'Warms up' (or should I say, gets the dog chain ready) with India, Pakistan was on China's side.

Come on, you gotta give me something for noticing this situation :lol:

Well, I'm not saying that India will become slaves, I'm saying it might. Pakistan entered the soviet afghan war for a friendly Afghanistan. After the war, some damn politician (a lovely lady) messed up the work in there and we got all of Afghanistan hating us, etc...

Nothing good will come of it. America, just like many super powers, is fighting indirect wars so it makes money (selling weapons) and defeats threats... Two birds (or maybe three birds, if India is knocked out too), one stone.

Last edited:
I see it as a similar situation because;

USA $--> Pakistan to counter Russia

And now

USA $--> India to counter China.

And the irony (and perhaps coincidence) is that when Pakistan fought Russia, India was on Russian side. Now, as USA 'Warms up' (or should I say, gets the dog chain ready) with India, Pakistan was on China's side.

Come on, you gotta give me something for noticing this situation :lol:

Well, I'm not saying that India will become slaves, I'm saying it might. Pakistan entered the soviet afghan war for a friendly Afghanistan. After the war, some damn politician (a lovely lady) messed up the work in there and we got all of Afghanistan hating us, etc...

Nothing good will come of it. America, just like many super powers, is fighting indirect wars so it makes money (selling weapons) and defeats its enemies... So if the worst situation arises, you know what....

You are quite right except for the "slave" part.( as evident with Russia).

Americans are on hunt for supremacy, jobs and money.

They are very well "milking" the region in the name of conflicts.

best tech with conditions attached and make country to pay till it can exist like pakistan ,they ask do more and they know abt the condition of pak.

You are quite right except for the "slave" part.( as evident with Russia).

Americans are on hunt for supremacy, jobs and money.

They are very well "milking" the region in the name of conflicts.

Yessir. India wasn't a slave of Russia... I think India joined hands with Russia to get a one up over Pakistan. Due to Pakistan's alliance with America, if the Soviet Union came out on top, it would mean hell for Pakistan. If America came out on top (the reality), India could exit the situation and it would mean 'no harm done' (as well as getting Russian tech even after the war).

Dayum it, if only things turned out better for us in Afghanistan... then, we wouldn't be America's slave:cry:

The Raptor is currently one of the best defence technology in the U.S. Congratulations to India on getting two heavy stealth fighters!

Yessir. India wasn't a slave of Russia... I think India joined hands with Russia to get a one up over Pakistan. Due to Pakistan's alliance with America, if the Soviet Union came out on top, it would mean hell for Pakistan. If America came out on top (the reality), India could exit the situation.

No, India was just friends with the soviet union, not a big strategic ally.
We didn't fight any of their wars

The surprising part is that while America won, you guys foolishly used all their aid to counter India.

Look at Turkey, Japan, South Korea, all of them were allied to the US and this helped them immensely. You guys on the other hand became slaves by choice .

I see a similar thing with your relationship with China, you're good friends, your objectives are the same. But again instead of standing on your feet you want to be dominated.

"Give them Gwadar!", "Outsource our governance to them!", "Let them have a base to counter India!"

Blame your leaders, not the Americans

No, India was just friends with the soviet union, not a big strategic ally.
We didn't fight any of their wars

I know

The surprising part is that while America won, you guys foolishly used all their aid to counter India.

Why not? If it wasn't like that, it would mean death for us next war.

Look at Turkey, Japan, South Korea, all of them were allied to the US and this helped them immensely. You guys on the other hand became slaves by choice .

Again, different story. We, as normal Pakistanis did not mean to be slaves. Like I said, the reasons we fought the war was because:

1. There is no place for religion in communism. Yes, most things boil down to a political level but not for a Muslim country. E.g. In the end, we could not drop a nuclear bomb.

2. Afghanistan. This was the main reason. Like I said, it went wrong.

I see a similar thing with your relationship with China, you're good friends, your objectives are the same. But again instead of standing on your feet you want to be dominated.

China-Pak relationship is different from US-Pak. We didn't get dominated there. We helped China out after the Soviets; both countries reaped the benefit, and God willing, Pakistan will continue to do so

"Give them Gwadar!", "Outsource our governance to them!", "Let them have a base to counter India!"

Blame your leaders, not the Americans

Again, what I posted was on a light note.

I am only participating because I want to see the Indian side of the story. Please, keep your anti-Pakistan sentiments aside- I kept my anti-India ones just so I could have a pleasurable debate. Return the favor.

Also, being on a Pakistani forum, you must have some idea that we curse our leaders each and every day of our lives because of this slavery and many other things.

There is no place for religion in communism. Yes, most things boil down to a political level but not for a Muslim country

I gave the example of Turkey.

China is a good friend, by what if in the future your objectives conflict ?

I actually appreciate what the Chinese are doing, they're are smart, instead of giving aid, they're building infra directly.

You've guys have always had some excellent and powerful friends ( USA, Arab countries and now China). But you've failed to keep your national interest paramount (my pov)

I gave the example of Turkey.

Turkey wasn't asked to fight. It just chose to co-operate and engage in trade. US-Turkey relationships are just like any other.

China is a good friend, by what if in the future your objectives conflict ?

Depends. Against India? I would say that would be so. If China were to attack India directly, it would have been a perfect opportunity to strike Kashmir, provided it would have not already gained independence by then.

I actually appreciate what the Chinese are doing, they're are smart, instead of giving aid, they're building infra directly.

Because they want to build us up, not give us a gun and send us to Afghanistan.

You've guys have always had some excellent and powerful friends ( USA, Arab countries and now China). But you've failed to keep your national interest paramount (my pov)

Pakistan is an exception in the aspect that each of its relationships are different-

Arab countries: Bound by religion. No matter what many think, Arab countries were the top contributers to the flood relief, as well as other Muslim countries. They didn't owe us anything.

China: Similar interests and mutual benefit. I believe Pakistan made a great choice about helping China all those years ago. It feels like an honest friendship, and not just to Pakistanis, but to Chinese people too(or, at least those have met in real life)

USA: The only country, while 'officially' being our ally, is the only one that is hated. A lot. You see, USA never won support due to any of its actions. Pakistan is not a real friend, but rather we are bound together. Again, like I said, religion matters a lot to us as well as other Muslim countries- America didn't exactly win any support by what they've been doing in the last few decades.

Thanks for keeping it rational.

i am sure such perks come up with a price ... possibly an Indo-China War or tensions in which these weapons would be put to true test ... !!!!

Be careful India... we took this offer but we became slaves... now they dropped us, perhaps they want to use you... be careful

yea,agree. but in case of india d situation is different. Your country politician believe them blindly. The relation between Pak & us is one sided,thats why they use u as a cheap slave and when times came they let you gone.
our country doesnt want to rely blindly usa, our politician known as anti usa never will happen that and thats makes the different.
and we already have many things(position,brain,democratic condition,...money) to give them and we already crosses the landmark of 60th independence with out bothering them. so there is no hurry to rely upon them.
At last i wanna say our country wishes for a unipolar world and wish to see herself as a self reliance country in every aspect and thats your country made us to lean on ussr side.

yea,agree. but in case of india d situation is different. Your country politician believe them blindly. The relation between Pak & us is one sided,thats why they use u as a cheap slave and when times came they let you gone.
our country doesnt want to rely blindly usa, our politician known as anti usa never will happen that and thats makes the different.
and we already have many things(position,brain,democratic condition,...money) to give them and we already crosses the landmark of 60th independence with out bothering them. so there is no hurry to rely upon them.
At last i wanna say our country wishes for a unipolar world and wish to see herself as a self reliance country in every aspect and thats your country made us to lean on ussr side.

Like I said, the reason Pakistan joined during cold war was only because of Afghanistan. We got bullied when it went wrong.

Whether or not you become slaves, the reality is that if there's an Indo-China conflict, you'll be fighting it from the US side because you'll be armed by them (more profit for them!) and you'll also be taking out a threat as well as perhaps weakening yourself.

Recently, you may have realized that America is dropping support for :pakistan: because when there's an Indo-China conflict, Pakistan will definitely be fighting and it would make it harder for India to weaken China.

Like I said, the reason Pakistan joined during cold war was only because of Afghanistan. We got bullied when it went wrong.

Whether or not you become slaves, the reality is that if there's an Indo-China conflict, you'll be fighting it from the US side because you'll be armed by them (more profit for them!) and you'll also be taking out a threat as well as perhaps weakening yourself.

Recently, you may have realized that America is dropping support for :pakistan: because when there's an Indo-China conflict, Pakistan will definitely be fighting and it would make it harder for India to weaken China.

i have read many times that u.s wants military bases in india but every time india have neglected this.this makes china happy that we didnt do so and help india to bargain with u.s with best.watever we will do ,it will be independent.but u did reverse.

Turkey wasn't asked to fight. It just chose to co-operate and engage in trade. US-Turkey relationships are just like any other.

Depends. Against India? I would say that would be so. If China were to attack India directly, it would have been a perfect opportunity to strike Kashmir, provided it would have not already gained independence by then.

Because they want to build us up, not give us a gun and send us to Afghanistan.

Pakistan is an exception in the aspect that each of its relationships are different-

Arab countries: Bound by religion. No matter what many think, Arab countries were the top contributers to the flood relief, as well as other Muslim countries. They didn't owe us anything.

China: Similar interests and mutual benefit. I believe Pakistan made a great choice about helping China all those years ago. It feels like an honest friendship, and not just to Pakistanis, but to Chinese people too(or, at least those have met in real life)

USA: The only country, while 'officially' being our ally, is the only one that is hated. A lot. You see, USA never won support due to any of its actions. Pakistan is not a real friend, but rather we are bound together. Again, like I said, religion matters a lot to us as well as other Muslim countries- America didn't exactly win any support by what they've been doing in the last few decades.

Thanks for keeping it rational.

Religion may effect the forensic relation, but you cant say that in solely. china also made some cruel move against muslim in recent past,but they still your friend. If in india there exist 80% muslim, the relation between india and pakistan will not be nothing more sweeter. you thrown away usa from your heart because they no longer be your supporter in india issue.
i think you also usual with this fact.

Back
Top Bottom