What's new

US-Vietnam discuss Nuclear deal - China concerned

well U.s is only moving with it to show the cards as who own it,U.S shown its displeasure over sino-pak deal,but China tried to show them the muscle now see what U.S is doing they can pretty much land up a nuclear deal in every nation of South east Asia and what China can do in this matter is simply watching

What is even more disturbing is the fact that USA is giving Nuclear deal to Vietnam but not to Pakistan.....

It's about time we stood up to their stupid ambitions.

Americans don't want to loose Vietnam to Russia or France in civilian nuclear market.

Also they are aware Vietnam is looking for allies who can be a counterweight to Chinese influence.

Like Chengiz Khan quoted once:

"Old enemies became new allies and former friends the new enemies."
I'm not sure if it is exact though :confused:

Americans don't want to loose Vietnam to Russia or France in civilian nuclear market.

Also they are aware Vietnam is looking for allies who can be a counterweight to Chinese influence.

I am confused by the bolded words...

So is there a free trade of civil nuclear deals out there in market where any country can have one deal with any nuclear capable one??????????

This deal is just to irritate China, which is well known and which the US are famous for

Obama is busy making ridiculous statements lately. There was this news yesterday about cleaner energy and he proclaiming we wont stay second to countries like India in that field etc etc..

so i think it also deals with giving exception to Vietnam in trade with NSG on the similar lines like India,is this is true we can also gor for some trade with them in the future as we also master's in and fast breeder technology

I think its an ill thought of move, the Vietnamese government shows one hand but hides another.

It will not be the first time US made a major decision that backfired on them decades later.

I think its an ill thought of move, the Vietnamese government shows one hand but hides another.

It will not be the first time US made a major decision that backfired on them decades later.

they will think about that after decades,right now champagne corks must b flying in pentagon

Agree!:tup:

Somehow i feel this deal is short sighted,lacking long term vision.

Agree!:tup:

Somehow i feel this deal is short sighted,lacking long term vision.

We'll see I suppose, whilst in Vietnam I always feel an underlying sentiment that things are not what they seem both from the locals (who seem friendly and yet aren't) and the authorities. Lets hope things go smoothly otherwise we'll see a South East Asia destabilization in the years or decades to come.

We'll see I suppose, whilst in Vietnam I always feel an underlying sentiment that things are not what they seem both from the locals (who seem friendly and yet aren't) and the authorities. Lets hope things go smoothly otherwise we'll see a South East Asia destabilization in the years or decades to come.

how come, Vietnam do not hold any tainted records of proliferation until now,and they had already made in clear they have no intention of enriching uranium,if a similar deal given to Pakistan can b defended as source for energy why cant that for Vietnam

how come, Vietnam do not hold any tainted records of proliferation until now,and they had already made in clear they have no intention of enriching uranium,if a similar deal given to Pakistan can b defended as source for energy why cant that for Vietnam

Truth be told I don't trust the Vietnamese government fully about not having the intention of enriching the uranium (just like Iran) and if they assuming do get they're hands on something you can be very sure countries in SEA will start wanting something too for themselves.

The governments anti US sentiment is still running quite high in Vietnam (go to the war museum in Hanoi and you will see). I won't be surprised if they change they're mind halfway down the road about its uses.

The words gets divided into two parts
one side is US and allies
Other China and allies....

What the hell America. I swear you arm Vietnam, we'll arm the entire Middle-east, even the crazy ones lol.

But seriously, this is not cool. Vietnam hates China.

Cool. Thanks to USA, the whole world can have nukes. LOL

Truth be told I don't trust the Vietnamese government fully about not having the intention of enriching the uranium (just like Iran) and if they assuming do get they're hands on something you can be very sure countries in SEA will start wanting something too for themselves.

The governments anti US sentiment is still running quite high in Vietnam (go to the war museum in Hanoi and you will see). I won't be surprised if they change they're mind halfway down the road about its uses.

The words gets divided into two parts
one side is US and allies
Other China and allies....

and Vietnam need to decide which faction they want to join....currently the sentiments dont show they r going towards China

Back
Top Bottom