What's new

US to supply IED detectors to India

I obviously won't be able to corroborate this with links but its a FACT that India was already operating such vehicles since quite sometime in Kashmir. I happened to have met a special force guy who had the fortune of serving on the frontlines in Kashmir.

He didn't tell me much about about his job but told me in clear terms that since those vehicles have been in use there were ZERO deaths due to IEDs in Kashmir. Only when those vehicles malfunctioned, causalities occured. Those vehicles had some kind of radars/detectors which could scan and detect most kind of IEDs in its vicinity. This was a good 5 years back !

There's nothing the Maoists can do to counter this tech- the US have used this system for year's in Afghanistan and the ingenious Taliban have found no counter for it.

The Radar deployed in front of a Husky:

HUSKY_460x306px.jpg

Of course in the long term but this is an immediate, knee-jerk reaction by the GoI.

Never underestimate your opponents. What makes you think they wont change the enviroment to make it easier for them to fight? Sure this is a problem for iEDS that can be jammed but not they type usually used by Maoists. Furthermore, history has shown that they are pretty crafty.

Never underestimate your opponents. What makes you think they wont change the enviroment to make it easier for them to fight? Sure this is a problem for iEDS that can be jammed but not they type usually used by Maoists. Furthermore, history has shown that they are pretty crafty.

Not underestimating them. But at a very basic level there is simply nothing the Moaists can do to counter a system whose function is as basic as this- they can't make their IEDs out of plastic or non-metallic materials as this system works using 3D radar not a metal detector alone, they can't simply bury them deeper as this system has tremendous penetration. For the purpose of road clearance this system is ideal and as Moaist proof as it gets. Yes they will most certainly change their tactics but whatever way you cut it they are downgrading their capabilities because of the work of Indian security forces.

They've gone and bitten off more they can chew and now their pathetic lives will be over sooner than anyone of us could have imagined in the past.

For me, it just becomes a big moving target. How many will be used at a time? Whatever that number is, then you can count on the Maoists taking them out immediately. Then what? They have just equalized the field again to their advantage. Comparing how this sytem work in Afghanistan and india are 2 different things. Enemies in Afghanistan lack the ability to gain insight and information that can help them develop countermeasures to such systems because the US Militar operates such equipment and the chance of influence of corruption is non existent. Now, consider the Maoists and how they will able to use corruption to gain much information about the systems. History hs shown they choose the path and time to attack. Gaining such weapons is great for our inventory but its effective use and tactic are a completley different story.

For me, it just becomes a big moving target. How many will be used at a time? Whatever that number is, then you can count on the Maoists taking them out immediately. Then what? They have just equalized the field again to their advantage. Comparing how this sytem work in Afghanistan and india are 2 different things. Enemies in Afghanistan lack the ability to gain insight and information that can help them develop countermeasures to such systems because the US Militar operates such equipment and the chance of influence of corruption is non existent. Now, consider the Maoists and how they will able to use corruption to gain much information about the systems. History hs shown they choose the path and time to attack. Gaining such weapons is great for our inventory but its effective use and tactic are a completley different story.
Lol- the same could've been said when the UAVs started being used or when helos were brought in or when MPVs started being used or when the COBRAs arrived on the scene. Each of these game changers is still around and the Moaists have done little to counter these or take them out in numbers that effects their use as a whole.

And seriously stop making these guys to be the world's most sophisticated and capable terrorists- they are dangerous for sure but they are not invincible! Before the system is even in service you have already written them off? Please. These Moaists have dug their own graves and the long arm of justice is coming to get them- it always was but they've hastened the process through their own short sighted attacks.

Lol- the same could've been said when the UAVs started being used or when helos were brought in or when MPVs started being used or when the COBRAs arrived on the scene. Each of these game changers is still around and the Moaists have done little to counter these or take them out in numbers that effects their use as a whole.

And seriously stop making these guys to be the world's most sophisticated and capable terrorists- they are dangerous for sure but they are not invincible! Before the system is even in service you have already written them off? Please. These Moaists have dug their own graves and the long arm of justice is coming to get them- it always was but they've hastened the process through their own short sighted attacks.

UAV's is a game changer. No doubt but publicizing their station by the media is a BIG NO NO. But the UAV's didn;t stop the recent massacre of Congress PArty members. I am not defending them. I am saying their tactics have been quite good because they are still a problem 60 odd yrs later. Plus, maybe they are waiting to see how the govt reacts. These steps are only baby steps. maybe they are waiting to see more build up of weapons and forces. Ever wonder why it took so LONG for the govt to finally do something about it? For you and others who try to downplay the role corruption plays in national security matters, well this is the proof. We did nothing to stop this menace from growing for decades, only recently we started.

I for one would not liken or compare them to terrorists thought they kill and harm ppl. But so has our armed forces! Seeing how corrupt these SOB politicans are in India, I think and fell they did a favor for India. At the end fo the day, peace is the only solution via negotiations but if the Maoists continue their stance, it will spell their faith.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom