What's new

US to deploy up to 6 B-52 bombers in northern Australia

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
CANBERRA, Australia -- The United States is preparing to deploy up to six nuclear-capable B-52 bombers in northern Australia, a news report said Monday, prompting China to accuse the U.S. of undermining regional peace and stability.

The United States is preparing to build dedicated facilities for the long-range bombers at Royal Australian Air Force Base Tindal in the Northern Territory, national broadcaster Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported.

I really can't see China being stupid enough to attack Australia though. Or have I missed something ?

Why not put them in usa bases in SK, Okinawa, Jp, Guam ?
Or they are to protect oz ?

They can put them there or in Australia. China also slammed Australia for allowing U.S. Marines based in Australia. Why? I don't know.

It’s parting a dispersal strategy; Northern Australia is good spot from which to deal with the PLAN in the South China Sea.

yes meanwhile China send H6 copy of USSR 1950s Tu16 close to Taiwan

Taiwan was very frighten NOT

Kadena-Based F-15C/Ds Start Retiring; F-15EX Likely Replacement​

A statement from Kadena leadership described the retirement of the F-15s as a two-year “phased withdrawal” and said the aircraft will be backfilled temporarily with “newer and more advanced aircraft” to maintain “a steady-state presence” at the base. The only more advanced aircraft available are the F-22 Raptor, the F-35 Lightning II and new F-15EX Eagle IIs, not yet at full production for the Air Force.

Air Force officials said F-22s from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, will be the first to deploy to Kadena to backfill the F-15s, but service deployments are typically not announced in detail.

Until a permanent choice is made, the Pentagon will use the “Global Force Management process to provide backfill solutions that maintain regional deterrence and bolster our ability to uphold our treaty obligations to Japan,” the Kadena leadership said. The Pentagon could not immediately say if those options include Navy and Marine Corps aircraft, but the Global Force Management process apportions forces based on theater commander need, not necessarily the service providing the capability.

The U.S. military commitment to Japan’s security is “ironclad,” the Kadena statement said. Modernizing U.S. capabilities in the Indo-Pacific and enhancing U.S. posture there “remains a top priority,” the base statement added.

In a March streaming event with AFA’s Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies, commander of Pacific Air Forces Gen. Kenneth S. Wilsbach said the Air Force is eyeing the F-15EX for Kadena.

USA wants to bomb Indonesia and the rest of ASEAN.

I just want to say, ASEAN doesn't have any nuclear weapons, or is willing to have them.

We are not that evil!

You want to say, no, it's not for Indonesia and ASEAN, but for China.

Then why don't put it in Japan or South Korea???

USA wants to bomb Indonesia and the rest of ASEAN.

I just want to say, ASEAN doesn't have any nuclear weapons, or is willing to have them.

We are not that evil!

You want to say, no, it's not for Indonesia and ASEAN, but for China.

Then why don't put it in Japan or South Korea???
Have you ever considered that they are way too close? North Korea or China can launch missiles and hit them in matter of minutes or seconds? Thats like saying why are HIMARS not put on the frontline in Ukraine War. If you were the general responsible for the deployment of strategic bombers, you be fired.

Back
Top Bottom