US strategic rivalry with growing China will prove mistaken in long term

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
By Zhang Jie Source

Global Times – May 13, 2014

Washington's "pivot to Asia" strategy has exerted a constant, significant impact on China's geopolitics. Recent statements and behaviors by Washington have clearly signaled its intention to treat China as its primary strategic rival. The US' ambiguous attitude concerning sanctions on Moscow amid theUkrainecrisis indirectly demonstrates that it is China that Washington deems its biggest competitor.

The US has designed a comprehensive set of strategic institutions to contain China. It seeks to stir up troubles through China's domestic problems.

The US also deliberately supports and assists regional countries involving in territorial or maritime disputes with China, so as to undermine Beijing's geopolitical and economic connections in East Asia.In the meantime, Washington is engaging in transpacific and transatlantic negotiations to set up a new system of rules that involve more than 20 countries and that will guide the global trade in services. For now, China is excluded from this process, which might weaken its advantage in global trade and block the channels for the transformation and upgrading of China's economic structure.

It is likely that the US will also take advantage of the high risks and fragility of China's current social stage of transformation, trying to transplant a "democratic revolution" and ruin China's catch-up capacity from inside.

Nonetheless, judging from both Washington's strategic intention and specific measures it adopts, the "pivot to Asia" strategy is a significant strategic misjudgment by the US.

The economic interdependence between China and the US serves as a solid stabilizer that balances Washington's "pivot to Asia" strategy. In fact, the interdependence of the global economy determines that no country can excludes China, an open and massive economy, from the global trade system.

China has neither a historic memory of seeking fierce expansion, nor strives for global hegemony.

Beijing has been stressing safeguarding its own core interests and maintaining a friendly external environment as the focus of its diplomatic strategy.

Some foreign scholars and analysts insist that once China replaces the US as the world's largest economy, it will turn to seeking hegemony.

This is blunt prejudice that reflects these countries' own reliance on global hegemony and expansion.

The essential logic behind Washington's "pivot to Asia" strategy is largely to deal with a 21st century China with the 19th century system of ideologies and values. China's development does not exclude democracy and freedom at all. The fading of the "color revolution" in some countries and current reflections upon the deficiencies of Western democracy will prompt the emergence of new theories and practices of national governance.

The continuity of China's history and culture, combined with the special personality of the Chinese people, decides that the unique flexibility and tolerance of Chinese society can provide a relatively stable internal environment for the nation's reform. The Chinese government attaches great importance to positive reform and the adjustment of interest structure.

China needs to carry on the existing guideline of peaceful development, and keep consolidating economic interdependence with major countries in both regional and global spheres.

How the US interprets and deals with China's rise will play a decisive role in the world's future.

US strategic rivalry with growing China will prove mistaken in long term - Global Times

China's behavior & displayed attitude with nations is pretty much like what the US displays :

upload_2014-5-13_10-7-42.jpeg

The fading of the "color revolution" in some countries and current reflections upon the deficiencies of Western democracy will prompt the emergence of new theories and practices of national governance.

Kudos to the author.

Such a high awareness of world situation and sharpness of judgement!

That should be the beauty of being trained as a critical thinker.

China's behavior & displayed attitude with nations is pretty much like what the US displays :

View attachment 29127

The world must recognise the rise of China. Some petty countries are still living in the 70s and 80s mentality thinking Mao still rule China. China now trying to prove those idiots wrong. An egg don't try to pick a fight with a stone. Knowing your limited limit is the best wisdom.

democracy is bad because of inconsistancy people vote half knowing and thinking only my decision is good and in some case some vote for money and suitable for bribary making democracy a bad choice
Usa's position now is not beacuse of democracy but theY where frist CHange the way of thinking in early 1800,1900 age and failed to change from 2000 onwerds

Kudos to the author.

Such a high awareness of world situation and sharpness of judgement!

That should be the beauty of being trained as a critical thinker.
critical thinker my ***!

Global times is a nationalistic propaganda tabloid of CCP.
all articles of GT are bullshit and warmongering. many authors are paid by CCP and post nothing than lies.

for instance, GT calls for a war against Vietnam in the current dispute (teaching Vietnam a lesson).

Last edited:
critical thinker my ***!

all articles of GT are bullshit and warmongering. many authors are paid by CCP and post nothing than lies.

for instance, GT calls for a war against Vietnam in the current dispute (teaching Vietnam a lesson).

It is a state publication. So, yes, money comes from the government.

But it is not a tabloid. It does not do news such as the Sun or the New Yorker.

Its content may hurt you; but that does not make the publication any less credible.

But the paper says the opinion of the authors are of their own. You understand, Vidiot?

"Teaching Viet a lesson" is a proposition, not propaganda. Chinese government may or may not decide to teach Vietnam a lesson.

chinese masturbate themselves. USA is here in Asia, rule on Taiwan. Nothing change in long term.

chinese masturbate themselves. USA is here in Asia, rule on Taiwan. Nothing change in long term.

Now you change topic.

There is no US military on TW. Will never be. That's a red line that US observes.

But McCain is your savior. Now you have his backing, no body can touch you. Because McCain also made personal visits and promises in Georgia, Syria and Ukraine, as well.

Look how well they are doing.

Please invite more US Senators.

It is a state publication. So, yes, money comes from the government.

But it is not a tabloid. It does not do news such as the Sun or the New Yorker.

Its content may hurt you; but that does not make the publication any less credible.

But the paper says the opinion of the authors are of their own. You understand, Vidiot?

"Teaching Viet a lesson" is a proposition, not propaganda. Chinese government may or may not decide to teach Vietnam a lesson.
GT is a tabloid. The world outside China knows it.
I admit the format has improved, it is a bit worth reading.

however I always give 50 cent for all articles concerning politics as it is more or less the opinion of CCP. aka propaganda.

The world must recognise the rise of China. Some petty countries are still living in the 70s and 80s mentality thinking Mao still rule China. China now trying to prove those idiots wrong. An egg don't try to pick a fight with a stone. Knowing your limited limit is the best wisdom.
so you understand recognising the rise of China that for example, Indonesia must cede territory to you?

congrat. not Mao´s, but your mindset becomes like the western powers in the 19 century.

Last edited:
GT is a tabloid. The world outside China knows it.
I admit the format has improved, it is a bit worth reading.

however I always give 50 cent for all articles concerning politics as it is more or less the opinion of CCP. aka propaganda.

so you understand recognising the rise of China that for example, Indonesia must cede territory to you?

congrat. not Mao´s, but your mindset becomes like the western powers in the 19 century.

Global Times articles reflects the opinion of their authors.

State is not to be easily manipulated by this or that individual opinion.

China is not a banana republic; it has managed a once-in-history national development.

Spare for us some political intelligence.

We will assert our sovereignty in the areas that belong to us. We keep it simple for you to understand.

I love Global Times. It reflects the majority view of the Chinese people especially the youth. China must be assertive in our foreign policy and take an active role in international events. GT supports a hardline foreign policy and a very strong military. These are views I support. I don't like other Chinese media like China Daily which take a moderate view.

Global Times articles reflects the opinion of their authors.

State is not to be easily manipulated by this or that individual opinion.

China is not a banana republic; it has managed a once-in-history national development.

Spare for us some political intelligence.

We will assert our sovereignty in the areas that belong to us. We keep it simple for you to understand.
you can´t deny GT is a CCP sponsored tabloid.
and as such, GT only posts articles that fit to CCP policy and progaganda.

sure, you defend your sovereignty, we ours. that is consensus. I keep it simple for you to understand.

I love Global Times. It reflects the majority view of the Chinese people especially the youth. China must be assertive in our foreign policy and take an active role in international events. GT supports a hardline foreign policy and a very strong military. These are views I support. I don't like other Chinese media like China Daily which take a moderate view.
you can do what you like, while we do what fits our interests.

China builds up military. Other follow with their military build-up, with Japan having the most modern navy and airforce in the western pacific. I hope Vietnam can agree with Japan over a defence pact soon. we need to catch up.

Last edited:
you can´t deny GT is a CCP sponsored tabloid.
and as such, GT only posts articles that fit to CCP policy and progaganda.

sure, you defend your sovereignty, we ours. that is consensus. I keep it simple for you to understand.

you can do what you like, while we do what fits our interests.

China builds up military. Other follow with their military build-up, with Japan having the most modern navy and airforce in the western pacific. I hope Vietnam can agree with Japan over a defence pact soon. we need to catch up.

Japan stands no chance against the PLAAF and PLAN.

No country can keep up with our military spending and military build up.

critical thinker my ***!

So when one of our editors calls for war against Vietnam is consider warmongering but when Vietnam media calling to use force against our rig is self-defense? LOL

Japan stands no chance against the PLAAF and PLAN.

No country can keep up with our military spending and military build up.
This is indeed true. We are just warming up. Wait until 2020s, we will show them what it means to be real military power.

Back
Top Bottom