What's new

US snubs Pakistan’s bogus complaint about Indian interference in Balochistan

guyhandz

Reaction score
Country
India
WASHINGTON: The Obama administration on Wednesday asked Pakistan to put in "additional efforts to target all terrorists in its territory," while declining to even acknowledge Islamabad's complaint about alleged Indian interference in Balochistan and other parts of Pakistan.

Washington's public snub was delivered soon after a meeting between Secretary of State John Kerry and Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during which the Pakistani side reportedly presented three dossiers on "India's role in Balochistan and other parts of Pakistan." But neither Kerry nor his aides acknowledged the dossier or the charges, and attempts to raise it at the daily state department briefing ended in embarrassment for Pakistan.

READ ALSO: Pakistan's Kashmir card losing sting as Mohajirs, Baloch raise azadi cry in US

The exchanges went as follows:

QUESTION: The Pakistani handout also refers about them submitting to US three dossiers on India's role in Balochistan and other parts of Pakistan. Have you received those dossiers - three documents from Pakistanis?
SPOKESMAN JOHN KIRBY: I'm not aware that we have.
QUESTION: Can you take this question - confirm it or deny it?
JOHN KIRBY: I will take the question. I don't know how much detail we're going to be able to get into.
QUESTION: Just say yes or no. Have you received those documents from Pakistan or no?
JOHN KIRBY: I said I'll take the question.

Kerry himself made no mention of the dossier in a brief tweet about his meeting with Sharif during which he said they discussed "security, regional, global issues."

Pakistan, which sheltered Osama bin Laden and protects State Department and UN-designated terrorists (Lashkar-e-Taiba's Hafiz Saeed among others) while trying to rewrite the terrorism narrative, suffered a similar humiliation at the UN last month when a dossier it claimed to have given to UN Secretary General Ban ki-Moon (but was actually handed over to his chief of staff) was similarly ignored.

US snubs Pakistan’s bogus complaint about Indian interference in Balochistan - The Times of India

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom