AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mullah Radio: Pakistan urges Afghan action against Maulvi Fazlullah
By Express / Reuters
Published: October 17, 2011

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan repeatedly urged Afghanistan and US-led forces there to go after notorious Taliban cleric Maulvi Fazlullah, whose fighters took part in cross-border raids that killed about 100 members of Pakistan’s security forces in recent months, but no action was taken, an army spokesman said Monday.

“The problem refuses to go away,” the Pakistani spokesman, Major-General Athar Abbas, told Reuters.

The complaint could deepen tension between Pakistan and Afghanistan over cross-border attacks by militants on targets in both countries.

Militants from across the border have consistently attacked check-posts and raided villages in Dir, Bajaur and Mohmand from April to August this year.

Last year, an Afghan official claimed that Maulvi Fazlullah, runaway chief of Swat Taliban, had been killed in a clash between security forces and militants in the Barg Mittal area of Nuristan.

The Pakistani government has eyed the Afghan border with much suspicion and blames the Afghan government of not taking action against militants in the border areas.

Who is Fazlullah?
Fazlullah, who was also known as FM Mullah or Radio Mullah for his fiery radio broadcasts, managed to regroup in Afghanistan and establish strongholds and local support, and poses a threat to Pakistan once again, said Abbas.

The cleric is the last thing Pakistan needs. It is battling a Taliban insurgency, and has been facing stepped up US pressure to attack Afghan militant groups who cross the border to attack Western forces in Afghanistan since American special forces in May killed Osama bin Laden in a Pakistani town, where he had apparently been living for years. ”

Now Fazlullah and his group are trying to re-enter Swat through Dir,” said Abbas, referring to a border region in northwest Pakistan which was relatively stable before the cleric’s men recently staged attacks there on security forces.

Mullah Radio: Pakistan urges Afghan action against Maulvi Fazlullah – The Express Tribune

No disrespect for the army but what's stopping them from cross border raids and chasing the raiders into Afghanistan so what should i assume then ?

What stops us from chasing the raiders into Afghanistan ?

No disrespect for the army but what's stopping them from cross border raids and chasing the raiders into Afghanistan so what should i assume then ?

Pakistan opposes US cross-border raids/ops into Pakistan, then why would it do the same in Afghanistan?

The US needs to divert its resources to North Eastern Afghanistan to counter the terrorists finding safe havens there.

I second that why aren't they growing couple and actually doing some thing about it sick and tired of these clowns sitting on side line waiting for some thing to happen do your job Mr General and respond last i checked Pakistan is spending billions it don't have to maintain a supposedly powerful army all i see is press conferences meetings but no action.

Assalam alaikum

crossing the border is not good move, though they should get a good info and might attack them from air either by helo or aircraft just like u.s does

TARIQ

I second that why aren't they growing couple and actually doing some thing about it sick and tired of these clowns sitting on side line waiting for some thing to happen do your job Mr General and respond last i checked Pakistan is spending billions it don't have to maintain a supposedly powerful army all i see is press conferences meetings but no action.

Afghan Talibans can help ISI for such types of operations (who knows they already working on this). Mullah Umer already disowned TTP and Fazlullah group.

=AgNoStIc MuSliM;2199670]Pakistan opposes US cross-border raids/ops into Pakistan, then why would it do the same in Afghanistan?

Us isn't crossing the border to kill Pakistani soldiers or innocent villagers they cross with the full knowledge of Pakistani Government to attack terrorist even till recently predators were being flown from Balochistan.

Terrorist are coming into Pakistan to attack and kill its the job of Pakistan army to protect its population and i don't see any reason why they shouldn't be doing there job.

Afghan Talibans can help ISI for such types of operations (who knows they already working on this). Mullah Umer already disowned TTP and Fazlullah group.

Defense of Pakistan isn't Afghan Taliban's job If ISI wanted him dead he was in Pakistan for a long time some one didn't do there job and continue to find excuses.

Us isn't crossing the border to kill Pakistani soldiers or innocent villagers they cross with the full knowledge of Pakistani Government to attack terrorist even till recently predators were being flown from Balochistan.

Terrorist are coming into Pakistan to attack and kill its the job of Pakistan army to protect its population and i don't see any reason why they shouldn't be doing there job.

Why does't the US stay on its side of the border and 'attack terrorists killing innocent Pakistani villagers and troops' out of Eastern Afghanistan?

I don't understand this rationale - Pakistan is justified in opposing US ops in Pakistani territory - those ops need to take place in Eastern Afghanistan, since that is territory that is the responsibility of ISAF. Once they have that pacified and under control, then they can talk about 'North Waziristan'.

Pakistan opposes US cross-border raids/ops into Pakistan, then why would it do the same in Afghanistan?

The US needs to divert its resources to North Eastern Afghanistan to counter the terrorists finding safe havens there.

Because our soldiers and civilians are being killed not their civilians and soldiers.

and for italic i can only say :woot:

=AgNoStIc MuSliM;2199725]Why does't the US stay on its side of the border and 'attack terrorists killing innocent Pakistani villagers and troops' out of Eastern Afghanistan?

First its not Americans job to protect Pakistan its Pakistan Defense forces job second its not Americans border they came there to attack and destroy AL Qaeda and if the Americans can travel 1000s of miles to protect there country i cant see why our army is hidding behind so called policy.

I don't understand this rationale - Pakistan is justified in opposing US ops in Pakistani territory - those ops need to take place in Eastern Afghanistan, since that is territory that is the responsibility of ISAF. Once they have that pacified and under control, then they can talk about 'North Waziristan'.

American came to Afghanistan to take out AL Qaeda and its leader which they found hiding in Abbottabad so they crossed the border and finished the job or did there job what ever you wanna call it i am asking the Pakistan army to do there job and protect her from internal and external threats.

NATO violated Pakistan airspace in Balochistan: ANP
Oct 17 2011

275831-NATOhelicopterreuters-1318849282-423-640x480.jpg

QUETTA: The Awami National Party (ANP) on Monday informed the Balochistan Assembly that North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) forces had violated Pakistani airspace in Qila Abdullah, a district that shares the border with Afghanistan.

ANP Parliamentary Leader, Provincial Minister Zamurk Khan raised the issue on a point of order during a Balochistan Assembly session on Monday. Deputy Speaker Matiullah Agha was chairing the session.

Khan said Nato forces had violated Pakistani airspace by making a 20 minute low flight in the area two days back.

The party demanded that the federal government raise the issue with Nato officials and the United States (US).

“This is creating fear and panic among the people living in the bordering district,” Khan told the house. “The people are assuming these airspace violations as an indication from Nato forces that they will soon launch an airstrike in our district.”

He said the government should take notice of this violation and prevent the US from infringing the sovereignty of Pakistan.

The ANP condemned the violation and demanded immediate action.

Leaders of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-F (JUI-F) also expressed their concern over the presence of Americans in the region and said peace could not be restored until they were driven out from the region.

----------------
Pakistan is doing great sitting ducks and silences, how many notices of thousand violations???

and another raid by the Insurgents on a military check post in the Bannu or Buner region i think. News on TV.

Back
Top Bottom