What's new

US secretly backs rebels to fight al Qaeda in Syria

Bubblegum Crisis

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Quote :

US secretly backs rebels to fight al Qaeda in Syria

Sources tell Telegraph that America is backing 'friendly' rebels with millions in cash and non lethal aid to take on extremists in Syria

By Ruth Sherlock, Antakya
8:20PM GMT 21 Jan 2014

The United States and Gulf countries have been secretly backing efforts by opposition rebels to destroy al-Qaeda's most extreme wing in Syria, diplomats and rebels involved in the plan have told The Telegraph.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told you guys this over and over again that US should not be involved in any affairs of ours and I know exactly that this offensive was funded and ordered by them.

Shame on such groups who say they are fighting in the way of Allah(SWT), willing to kill a brother over funding.

No wonder our Mujahideen aren't being given victory by Allah(SWT).

What are the goals? Why try to 'eliminate' a group?

It's always so funny that the people to assure us civilians are suffering under AQ presence are always their sworn enemies....

"Nevertheless it is hoped that the inroads made against ISIS will improve support for the Syrian opposition on the ground, thereby boosting their credibility at Geneva."

So this is about being credible in face if the critic...I want you to see the words of the Quran regarding critics...:

Al- Ma'idah 5:54

You who believe, any one of you who abandons his religion [will find] God will bring a people whom He will love just as they love Him, docile towards believers, stern against disbelievers; they will strive for God´s sake and not fear reproach from any critic. Such is God´s bounty which He gives to anyone He wishes. God is Boundless, Aware.

Yes they want to get rid of their former zionist dogs before the end of the war

They always use zionist Al Qaeda and beat them later
Just like they use Saddam and hang him later

a812_reagan_and_afghans_2050081722-16016.jpg

I can tell the largest group in Syria is Harakat Ahrar Sham and the second largest is the Al Qaeda Jabhat Nusra who have growing public support among civilians and is jointly together with Harakat and foreign groups so how will they counter Jabhat Nusra when the fractured FSA is so disorganized compared to others despite having no running natural resources or arms or countering ISIL when they have gas fields + unlimited running gears Western desert region of Anbar?

Secondly, there is no FSA to begin with and the majority of the opposition are Islamist. Thirdly, ISIL had retaken most part of North Eastern including provincial Capital Razzak last week to shift strategically to avoid losing North Eastern for the Iraqi border needs proving FSA had failed to counter them? Come on, when the Int'l community will realize that they can't be trusted?

It'll never work because there are over hundred of groups with different commanders running the country. it's about trust, loyality and public support. Good luck with that, this isn't Iraq where the majority are Shiites who despise Al Qaeda.

I can tell the largest group in Syria is Harakat Ahrar Sham and the second largest is the Al Qaeda Jabhat Nusra who have growing public support among civilians and is jointly together with Harakat and foreign groups so how will they counter Jabhat Nusra when the fractured FSA is so disorganized compared to others despite having no running natural resources or arms or countering ISIL when they have gas fields + unlimited running gears Western desert region of Anbar?

Secondly, there is no FSA to begin with and the majority of the opposition are Islamist. Thirdly, ISIL had retaken most part of North Eastern including provincial Capital Razzak last week to shift strategically to avoid losing North Eastern for the Iraqi border needs proving FSA had failed to counter them? Come on, when the Int'l community will realize that they can't be trusted?

It'll never work because there are over hundred of groups with different commanders running the country. it's about trust, loyality and public support. Good luck with that, this isn't Iraq where the majority are Shiites who despise Al Qaeda.
All is right except that sunnis hunt zionist Al Qaeda like dogs in Al Anbar

I don't think anybody thought for a second that after all these years Syria's neighbors are still sitting on their hands doing nothing.

Back
Top Bottom