What's new

US REFUSES TO BACK OFF OR BUDGE ON INDIAN DIPLOMAT CASE

Koi pata karey nani Raymon Davis key sath to nahi kam ker rhee thee?

Is this Mr. Richards, by any chance?
ALBY_PAKISTAN-RAYMO_505153e.jpg

What's the worst that will happen? The case will remain on record, that's it. If the concerned diplomat goes to the U.S. when she no longer has immunity, a problem would crop up (though a bit of a pickle, her husband is a U.S. citizen, born & raised there & the status of her children remains unknown). Beyond that, nothing.

You lost me there , Bro....... :sarcastic:

She is in the US and she does not have Retroactive immunity.

Which means she will be tried for this case.

BTW, are you aware that her Indian Passport has been taken away from her by the US and she cannot leave the New York area under the Bail requirements.

You lost me there , Bro....... :sarcastic:

She is in the US and she does not have Retroactive immunity.

Which means she will be tried for this case.

BTW, are you aware that her Indian Passport has been taken away from her by the US and she cannot leave the New York area under the Bail requirements.

Defendant need to sneak her way to the northern border and take her 1 way ticket back to India that the only way to get out of US, she legally can't leave the US without her criminal case be resolve.

Not having retroactive immunity simply means the case won't go away by itself(unless withdrawn). However she cannot be touched as long as she has immunity. Again,( slowly this time so you don't go :sarcastic:) no real difference unless she visits U.S. when she no longer has immunity. She will get her passport back, immunity does that to you.:)

Yes, and in practical terms India will have to "Suck it up " and Khobragade will still be tried for lying under oath on the Visa application for the Nanny. This is India's NANNYGATE and it is not GONNA go away... :P
dont you think you should wait a little while before deciding how things will pan out, or do you prefer to have eggs on your face?
What exactly will be your thought if she is actually allowed to leave to India?
Its obvious US is more powerful country, but diplomatic rows are not always 'won' by big countries, there is negotiations and each side need to decide what price they are willing to pay.

ps: I wont humiliate you if she is allowed to leave. I promise. :)

Defendant need to sneak her way to the northern border and take her 1 way ticket back to India that the only way to get out of US, she legally can't leave the US without her criminal case be resolve.

Probably. However, easier said then done. Besides Canadians are not that Gullible. They Probably have her pictures plastered all over the Immigration entry points. If caught doing all that , she will only make it worst for herself.

dont you think you should wait a little while before deciding how things will pan out, or do you prefer to have eggs on your face?
What exactly will be your thought if she is actually allowed to leave to India?
Its obvious US is more powerful country, but diplomatic rows are not always 'won' by big countries, there is negotiations and each side need to decide what price they are willing to pay.

ps: I wont humiliate you if she is allowed to leave. I promise. :)

Why getting so testy. Bro....

It is all speculation at this point. Nobody is claiming to have a Crystal Ball.

I won't be humiliated if she is let go ( I think highly unlikely) no more than if you would be humiliated if she goes to Jail. Would you prefer to have egg on your face if that happens. I won't Humiliate you either if that happens.

GROW UP..... :P

Last edited:
Probably. However, easier said then done. Besides Canadians are not that Gullible. They Probably have her pictures plastered all over the Immigration entry points. If caught doing all that , she will only make it worst for herself.

Either way her *** will be fry by the justice system, India have nothing concrete that allow them to blackmail US into let her go.

Why getting so testy. Bro....

It is all speculation at this point. Nobody is claiming to have a Crystal Ball.

I won't be humiliated if she is let go ( I think highly unlikely) no more than if you would be humiliated if she goes to Jail. Would you prefer to have egg on your face if tat happens.

GROW UP.
I never claimed she will be sent to India, thats one of the probable outcome, the other one is jail of course.
you seemed to have come to a conclusion apparently. And you seem to know each detail step.
India will put back concrete blocks, India will do xyz. How do you know all these?
Because there is little precedent of India budging publicly in any bargain. What they do privately is different.

you need a bit of growing up too. :)

...clearly, even the Indian lady did as what US police said, it was hardly said as "a grave crime"
On the contrary: the U.S., the U.N., and the International Criminal Court all classify human trafficking as a "grave crime". And human trafficking is exactly what Khobragade is charged with and what the evidence appears to support.

(Please don't believe me; look it up yourself.)

@Solomon2 raised another Plausible Scenario. According to him , there may be a likelihood that the Secretary General Moon could refuse her services at the UN, which could cause problems for Khobragade.

@Solomon2 raised another Plausible Scenario. According to him , there may be a likelihood that the Secretary General Moon could refuse her services at the UN, which could cause problems for Khobragade.

Not about to happen. It is not an individual applying for a position, it is the a member state doing it.

Wait & watch if you doubt that.

A defendant in a bind, she can't get out of her own way, human trafficking charge is intolerable by the UN, UN is the one entity that constant promote human right, abandoned slave practice, stop human trafficking, and a defendant violated all these rule set for by the UN, how can they accept her application to hold office in the UN mission? People will be outrage if her application accepted by UN office, likely spit on everything UN stand for.

Not about to happen. It is not an individual applying for a position, it is the a member state doing it.

Wait & watch if you doubt that.

Even if the new position offers full immunity and she gets it, the immunity cannot be retroactively effective against the crimes she is charged with already.

On the contrary: the U.S., the U.N., and the International Criminal Court all classify human trafficking as a "grave crime". And human trafficking is exactly what Khobragade is charged with and what the evidence appears to support.

(Please don't believe me; look it up yourself.)
real world does not work like that. Trust me, an US diplomat in India can get away with grave crimes easily. Take raymond davies case in which they tried everything in their book to secure their personnel.
Am pretty sure India will try a few tricks.

Even if the new position offers full immunity and she gets it, the immunity cannot be retroactively effective against the crimes she is charged with already.

Just mean her future immunity don't cover her past crime, she like a dead fish in a frying pan.

Back
Top Bottom