What's new

US Proposal to transfer MRAPs to Pakistan Exposes Kabul Rift

You are one sad person indeed. Most fundos are, not your mistake, as Allah makes sure that the heart of your kind is black as charcoal.

By the way, what's your infatuation with private life of others? Do you wash your *** in a special way that you'd like to educate the rest of us?

WTF? You need answers for this? All i could smell is some burning.... i guess its not possible to bring you back to normalization, as you have been systematically brain washed and spoiled in your early child hood's hate classes by some black robe mulla.

Now tell me clearly, where did my post hurt you... chicken waste?

Every MRAP cost $1 million each if im not wrong, and Pakistan will get 1200 of them. Its game changer for PA, terrorists now will have to face Pak army if they want to kill them instead of IED bomb blasts.

To start with, all of those MRAP were shipped to Afghanistan via Pakistan, next i doubt, those vehicles are still good to drive.
Last but no least, i feel sorry that if our govt. valued $1million more than the safety of its soldiers.

What's your connection with Noori Natt?

56BF3560-9320-41C4-AB95-1800D076926A_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy2_cw0.jpg

FILE - U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel stands next to MRAP vehicles after speaking to U.S. troops at Camp Bastion, Afghanistan, Dec. 8, 2013.

Ayaz Gul
March 21, 2014

ISLAMABAD — The United States is considering donating some of its 1200 mine-resistant ambush-protected vehicles known as MRAPs in Afghanistan to neighboring Pakistan after considering the high cost of transporting the vehicles out of the country when the NATO-led combat mission in Afghanistan formally comes to an end in December. However, the proposal has drawn strong opposition from authorities in Kabul, who say all of the equipment should remain in their country.

The excess equipment, worth billion of dollars, includes the heavily armored MRAPs that American military commanders believe will have limited strategic value after serving in the Afghan mission for over a decade.

The American commander of international forces in Afghanistan, General Josef Dunford, disclosed details of the proposed plans last week while testifying before U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee.

“It costs us little less than $10,000 to destroy an MRAP, it costs us somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000 to actually move that MRAP," he said. "If we wanted to give it to another country that country would have to accept the MRAPs as is where is. In other words they would have to pay for anything to get that vehicle serviceable again and also to move that vehicle to their country. We are looking at alternatives to provide these vehicles to partners to include Afghanistan, Pakistan and other partners that have participated in operations with us right now.”

Pakistani defense officials declined to discuss details of their talks with U.S. officials on the subject but say they would like to receive the MRAPs to better protect troops fighting domestic Taliban insurgents.

Outrage in Afghanistan

However, the U.S. proposed plans have outraged leaders and lawmakers in Afghanistan. They have accused Washington of violating its strategic partnership agreement with Kabul by offering the military equipment to Islamabad without consulting with the Afghan government.

Presidential spokesman Aimal Faizi says his country will strongly oppose any move to deliver the military hardware to Pakistan. He says Kabul was expecting coalition forces to leave it for the Afghan security forces.

Afghan media and some lawmakers have gone on to demand the U.S. immediately suspend any such talks with Pakistan, accusing Islamabad of sponsoring terrorism in their country.

Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokeswoman, Tasnim Aslam, says Afghan criticism is uncalled for, because of the steep sacrifices that Pakistan has made in fighting terrorism.

“Over 40,000 of our nationals including members of the security forces have rendered ultimate sacrifice in the fight against terrorism," she noted. "Any attempt to depict Pakistan as other than a victim of terrorism is a travesty and we completely reject it. It is disconcerting that such injurious statements are being made at a time when sincere efforts are under way to turn a new page in the bilateral relations with Afghanistan.”

The chairman of the Afghan Senate Foreign Affairs Committee, Arifullah Pashtun, says that the proposed U.S. plans have upset people in Afghanistan and he has conveyed these concerns to commanders of international forces. He tells VOA that American military officials assured him that while discussions are under way no final decision has been made to give the military equipment to Pakistan.

The Afghan senator says his country wants the equipment. He acknowledges that the International Security Assistance Force can transfer the military gear to any other country, including Pakistan, but says Afghanistan's needs should be addressed first.

US Proposal to Donate MRAPs to Pakistan Exposes Kabul Rift

Are they 1200 MRAPs or 13000 MRAPs that PA will get...?

The U.S. is reluctant to leave the MRAPs with the Afghans, whom it assesses as incapable of operating and maintaining them. Most other countries that would like the MRAPS are unwilling to pay the high cost of shipping the roughly 20-ton vehicles, making Pakistan—which shares a 1,500-mile border with Afghanistan—a more practical destination. Pakistan has expressed interest in the MRAPs for use in its fight against Pakistani Taliban insurgents. The Central Asian states that border Afghanistan may also be interested in obtaining the American leftover military hardware.
U.S. Withdrawal: Pakistan and the Military Equipment to Be Left Behind in Afghanistan

yar ek darjan bhi mil jae too kam bun jaey ga apna... :big_boss:

IMHO, Islamabad should accept the MRAPs; dismantle them, take all the metal to foundry and forge a long fence, then, Install it between Pakistan and Afghanistan. That will the best use of these vehicles as defence apparatus.

why wasting time to melt metal of these MRAPs, just parked them in line and weld them , basheera welder , aslam welder , pappu welder we have plenty of welders :sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Basically their are lots and lots of these things,

Some are saying they will be junk, but from history that is not the case most weapons tend to be serviced to a basic minimum as I am sure these will be

Pakistans problem will be parts, (they will be expensive and once again we will be relying on americans)
However if we can get a few hundred of these plus another coupld of hundred to canablise I am sure we can make use of them

Even if some are junk, scrap metal is big, can we not just scrap them

Now I changed my perception.. I think we should go for these now... we NEED it and they will help as in VERY LONG term... We have extremely pathetic military transport vehcile like VIGO shit pickups & Nissan/Mitsubishi kachraa's there are FAR FAR and much better thn that kachraa's... Pakistan should accept alll 1300+ and use 300 at once... jab zaroorat paray aur tu aur use karloo... :P kuch idar udar b baant doo thori bohat Malik Riaz ko daydoo woh minister ko baant dayga... :P

If Pakistan gets them then they will serve well in Pak Army.

Back
Top Bottom