What's new

US Politics

So when was the last time Trump received $100,000,000 in donations from Gulf Arabs??

Nor has Trump compromised highly classified information.

Nor has Trump bombed or killed innocent people and then bragged about it.

View attachment 323592

Ah are the first 3 referring to this book?

Bill Clinton's former lover Dolly Kyle claims the Clinton couple regularly used racial epithets in her new book, Hillary: The Other Woman

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...claims-Bill-s-former-lover.html#ixzz4GVHmYvMH

Sounds like a legit source. /s

RNC - cartoon 5.png

Election Update: Trump’s Slump Deepens In The Polls

By Nate Silver

There’s no longer any doubt that the party conventions have shifted the presidential election substantially toward Hillary Clinton. She received a larger bounce from her convention than Donald Trump got from his, but Trump has continued to poll so poorly in state and national surveys over the past two days that his problems may be getting worse.

The recent Fox News, Marist College and NBC News/Wall Street Journal national polls show Trump trailing Clinton by 9 to 14 percentage points, margins that would make for the largest general election blowout since 1984 if they held. Clinton’s numbers in those polls are on the high end of what we’ve seen lately — Marist, for instance, has generally had a Clinton-leaninghouse effect in its polls this year. By contrast, a series of polls released earlier in the week generally put Clinton’s advantage at 5 to 8 percentage points.

The new polls are noteworthy, however, because they postdate the earlier surveys — Marist’s poll was conducted Monday through Wednesday, for instance. That opens up the possibility that the spiral of negative stories for Trump, such as his criticism of the family of a Muslim-American soldier killed in action and his renewed feud with GOP leadership, are deepening his problems above and beyond Clinton’s convention bounce. Not only have Clinton’s numbers risen since the Democratic National Convention, butTrump’s numbers have fallen back into the mid- to high 30s in polls that include third-party candidates. And Trump’s favorability ratings, following modest improvement after his convention, are now about as bad as they’ve ever been.

Meanwhile, polls of Michigan, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire — three swing states with demographics that, in theory, could be friendly to Trump — showed Clinton with leads of 9 percentage points, 11 points and 15 points, respectively. Read more

So when was the last time Trump received $100,000,000 in donations from Gulf Arabs??

Nor has Trump compromised highly classified information.

Nor has Trump bombed or killed innocent people and then bragged about it.

View attachment 323592
When was the last time Katy Perry did all of these things? Is she qualified to be POTUS then? You are comparing apples and oranges. Would you elect Bradd Pitt as the PM of Pakistan? Because if you compare his records to any other Paksitani politician he has done less harm.

Clinton widens lead over Trump to 8 points: poll
Home / World / Clinton widens lead over Trump to 8 points: poll
By AFP
August 07, 2016
Latest : World
l_140795_073804_updates.gif

WASHINGTON: Democrat Hillary Clinton has widened her lead over White House rival Donald Trump to eight points after both parties´ nominating conventions, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll out Sunday.

Clinton led Trump 50 to 42 percent among registered voters, according to the telephone survey carried out August 1-4.

She got a strong bounce in the support from her nomination -- which unlike the fractious Republican convention, showed a united party -- but has also benefitted from major gaffes by Trump.

Ahead of the nominating conventions Clinton had a four-point lead over Trump, according to an Post-ABC News survey.

Among likely voters, Clinton´s lead is 51 to 44 percent, and in a race that includes Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson and Jill Stein from the Green Party, Clinton leads Trump 45-37 percent, with Johnson at eight percent and Stein at four percent.

Clinton and her running mate, Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia, received the nomination to run for the November 8 presidential election during the July 25-28 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Trump and his vice presidential candidate, Indiana Governor Mike Pence, were nominated in the July 18-21 Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio.
Trump has been struggling after a string of gaffes.

These include urging Russia to find and release emails that disappeared from Clinton´s private server that she used as secretary of state, though he later said that he was being sarcastic.

He also denigrated the family of a Muslim-American soldier killed in the Iraq war, to the horror of veterans and their supporters.

Satisfaction with both candidates remains low: nearly 6 in 10 registered voters said that they are unhappy with both Clinton and Trump as major party candidates.

Barring campaign or news developments, the next opportunity for the candidates to shift their poll numbers comes in the three presidential debates, scheduled for late September and October.

Seeking to arrest his sinking poll numbers, Trump reversed course Friday and endorsed House Speaker Paul Ryan for re-election, pleaded for Republican unity and pledged to work with the very party leaders he had earlier dismissed as Washington´s ineffective establishment figures.

I don’t agree with everything Shulman said, but I completely agree with him that Donald Trump must be defeated. As I have said several time on this thread that he is a security threat to our country, this election is not about Democrat versus Republican, but how to save our country from this madman.

Donald-Trump-angry-Reuters-380.jpg

Op-Ed: I’m a Republican and I don't like Hillary Clinton — but I’m voting for her

By David Shulman 8/8/2016

If Donald Trump had flamed out of the primaries as almost everyone expected, I would have proudly voted for Marco Rubio, John Kasich or Jeb Bush, and would have supported Scott Walker or Chris Christie. But compared with these candidates, Donald Trump lives on another planet. Simply put, he is not a Republican nor a conservative as we have understood those terms for decades.

Instead, I will vote for Hillary Clinton in November. I will do this knowing full well that she has more baggage than United Airlines and that she would nominate Supreme Court justices that would do violence to the 1st, 2nd and 5th Amendments to the Constitution. She flat-out lied about her home-brew server and the classified information on it, thereby imperiling national security. I recognize that she is owned in fee-simple by one of the most reactionary groups in the United States, the public employee unions. Further, I assume that the SVR, the foreign intelligence service of the Russian Federation, will cause to be released documents showing a very unsavory connection between Clinton’s actions as secretary of State and the Clinton Foundation.

Despite these serious flaws, Clinton believes in America and its values. Trump — who would establish religious tests for immigration and ethnic tests for judges — does not. She is open to the world; Trump is not.

Trump believes in only himself. As Khizr Kahn, the Muslim father of a slain U.S. Army captain noted at the Democratic Convention: Trump has “sacrificed nothing.”

And if we ever see the contents of Trump’s tax returns, I believe they will demonstrate that he is not as rich as he says he is, has given only a pittance to charity and has played the IRS like an aria. The media should consider boycotting Trump events until he releases his tax returns, like every modern candidate for the presidency. Why do they let him get away with it?

I’ve argued before that we are in the process of reliving the 1930s. Russian expansionism in the Ukraine is analogous to Hitler’s moves in central Europe, and the rise of antisemitism in Europe today also has a parallel to that dark era. Trump, for his part, echoes the proto-fascist America First movement championed by Charles Lindbergh. He wants to close off America from the rest of the world.

But unlike the America Firsters, Trump’s blathering about international affairs seems rooted in ignorance rather than ideology. He quite simply doesn’t have a clue about foreign policy. He has no advisors of stature, military or diplomatic — no one who can rein in his “bromance” with Russian leader Vladimir Putin or explain to him why we must honor our commitments to NATO.

In contrast, Clinton is a tough-minded foreign policy realist who understands the dangers we face in Putinism and Islamist radicalism.

You can believe — as I do — that Clinton has a problem with the truth, but must also acknowledge — as I must — that in that regard she doesn’t hold a candle to Trump’s prevarications. Simply put, as the old adage goes, “How can you tell when Trump is lying? Answer: When he is moving his lips.” You really can’t predict what he will say from one day to the next, or if he will say the same thing again the following day. He is an unstable egomaniac who is unfit for public office, any office.

We Republicans brought Trump on ourselves. The congressional leadership, K Street lobbyists and public policy intellectuals (save a few) only talked to themselves. They had no clue as to what was going on out in the country and lost touch with the party’s working-class base. Instead of the tony restaurants of D.C., I suggest they visit the fast-food joints and bars of the Midwest, the South and California’s Central Valley. Simply put, a whole lot of soul-searching is ahead of us.

David Shulman is the senior economist at the UCLA Anderson Forecast.

Yet another very important Republican supports Hillary. I’m just loving it!

Note, people who think America is anti-Muslim, please read the part that I have highlighted in blue.

Reagan Republican: Trump is the emperor with no clothes

By Frank Lavin August 8, 2016

Frank Lavin, an official in every GOP administration since Reagan, says he'll vote for Hillary Clinton

Frank Lavin is the CEO of Export Now, a company that helps U.S. brands sell online in China. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his.

160806222102-frank-lavin-medium-plus-169.jpeg

I had the honor of serving as Ronald Reagan's White House political director from 1987 to 1989, so I can claim some insight on U.S. politics. My central conclusion on the 2016 race: It might not be entirely clear that Hillary Clinton deserves to win the presidency, but it is thunderingly clear that Donald Trump deserves to lose.

From this premise, I will do something that I have not done in 40 years of voting: I will vote for the Democratic nominee for president. The depressing truth of the Republican nominee is that Donald Trump talks a great game but he is the emperor who wears no clothes.

Trump falls short in terms of the character and behavior needed to perform as president. This defect is crippling and ensures he would fail in office. Trump is a bigot, a bully, and devoid of grace or magnanimity. His thin-skinned belligerence toward every challenge, rebuke, or criticism would promise the nation a series of a high-voltage quarrels. His casual dishonesty, his policy laziness, and his lack of self-awareness would mean four years of a careening pin-ball journey that would ricochet from missteps to crisis to misunderstandings to clarifications to retractions.

This decision is not an easy one. I proudly served in every Republican administration over the past 40 years: Ambassador and Undersecretary for George W. Bush, Commerce Department official for George H. W. Bush, and several White House and State Department assignments for Ronald Reagan beyond the political director role.

I have seen presidents work with difficult people and difficult issues. It requires a blend of strategic vision and tactical flexibility, combined with optimism and good humor. A president needs the thick skin to ignore criticism and the management discipline to stay fixed on goals. Trump, on the other hand, manages to pick fights that are unrelated to his goals.

The most pronounced example in this regard was his tasteless criticism of the family of deceased Army Capt. Humayun Khan. We owe that young man our gratitude for the ultimate sacrifice. And we owe his parents our respect for the dignity with which they reproached Mr. Trump for his grotesqueries.

Less poignant is a part of the Trump story that ought to have particular resonance with Republicans: his four business bankruptcies, more than a trivial matter for a party that prides itself on thrift, sound money, and prudential management.

The bankruptcies reflect a man who either lacks reasonable business judgment or reasonable business ethics. By themselves, four bankruptcies are pretty bad. But four bankruptcies and a private jet is deplorable. How can everyone lose money in the collapse of a project yet Trump flies away again and again?

In the early days of my startup, there was a moment when I could have shut the firm, declared bankruptcy, and walked away from my obligations, but I have employees, investors, clients, and customers -- all of whom rely on my commitment. I have a moral obligation to stand by people who are standing by me. No wonder so many Americans are skeptical of market economics if the system can be so easily manipulated by Trump.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, one bankruptcy may be regarded as a misfortune, but four begins to look like carelessness. We can suppose that Trump has every legal right to declare bankruptcies and to walk away with millions. And voters have every legal right to vote against him for those actions.

There are many issues on which Hillary Clinton and I are not in agreement. However on the core foreign policy issues our country faces -- alliance relationships, security commitments, and international engagement -- she comes closer to Republican views than does Trump. And Donald Trump makes me cringe. I am voting for Hillary. And I vote in Ohio.

The madman is going down the drain fast, his own party men are abandoning him in droves. :usflag::enjoy:

Fresh batch of Republicans defect to Clinton

By Nolan D. McCaskill 08/08/16

A former aide of President George W. Bush undercut Donald Trump’s economic address before it even began Monday, leading the latest batch of Republican defections by casting Hillary Clinton as the best candidate to grow the economy.

“Our nation faces a unique set of challenges that require steady and experienced leadership. That is why today I am personally supporting Hillary Clinton,” Lezlee Westine said in a statement to The Washington Post.

Westine, who served as the White House’s director of public liaison and deputy assistant to the president in the Bush administration, is part of the latest contingent of Republicans to cross party lines to back Clinton.

“She has the expertise and commitment to American values to grow the economy, create jobs and protect America at home and abroad,” Westine added.

Westine is joined by former Michigan Gov. William Milliken, who suggested a vote for Trump would be a choice to “embark on a path that has doomed other governments and nations throughout history.”

“I am saddened and dismayed that the Republican Party this year has nominated a candidate who has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not embrace those ideals,” Milliken said in a statement, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Because I feel so strongly about our nation's future, I will be joining the growing list of former and present government officials in casting my vote for Hillary Clinton for president in 2016.”

Former New Hampshire Sen. Gordon Humphrey said he would cast his ballot for Clinton if she were “neck and neck” with Trump in his state. But Trump, he said, is a “defective nominee” who is “deranged” and whose “psyche is sick,” and the Republican National Committee should replace him as the nominee.

“It would be the height of irresponsibility to give him the powers of the presidency. It would be an act of recklessness to give him the office of commander in chief,” he told MSNBC on Monday. “This needs to be said, and there’s a growing census in agreement that Donald Trump is mentally unfit to be president of the United States. And the RNC on that account, this week or next, should revoke the nomination and choose a candidate who is experienced, but at the same time, of mental soundness.”

More good news, what a wonderful day! :usflag:

50 Republican National Security Officials Eviscerate Trump In Open Letter

Trump “would be the most reckless President in American history,” they write.

Christina Wilkie 08/08/2016

Dozens of the Republican Party’s most experienced national security officials will not vote for GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, they wrote in an open letter released Monday.

“We are convinced that [Trump] would be a dangerous President and would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being,” said the former officials, many of whom held top positions in the George W. Bush administration.

“Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values, and experience to be President,” they added. “He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world. He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent judiciary.”

Signers include some of the best known intelligence, defense and security experts of the past two decades: Michael V. Hayden, the former director of both the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency; Michael Chertoff and Tom Ridge, both of whom served as secretaries of Homeland Security during the Bush administration; Dov Zakheim, a former under secretary of defense; John D. Negroponte, a deputy secretary of state and a former director of national intelligence; Eric Edelman, a top national security adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney; and Robert Zoellick, a former deputy secretary of state, United States trade rep and president of the World Bank.

The letter, which was first reported on by The New York Times, represents yet another blow to Trump’s ongoing effort to win over top Republicans. That job that has become significantly more difficult in recent weeks, as Trump has feuded with the family of a fallen soldier and threatened repeatedly to abandon NATO.

The missive also raises questions about who might agree to serve in a hypothetical Trump administration and offer the former reality TV star advice on national security issues.

Trump has repeatedly sought to distance himself from some of the most controversial policies of the Bush administration, such as the war in Iraq, which Trump claims he opposed in 2003. Even so, it’s safe to assume that Trump’s campaign would have welcomed support from top members of the national security apparatus.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment about the letter.

In closing, the 50 officials wrote, “We are convinced that in the Oval Office, he would be the most reckless President in American history.”

Read the entire letter below. Link

More bad news for Donnie, one more Senator from the important state of Maine gave Donnie the middle finger (excuse my French).

GOP senator Susan Collins: Why I cannot support Trump

By Susan Collins August 8 2016

The writer, a Republican, represents Maine in the Senate.

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.

When the primary season started, it soon became apparent that, much like Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Mr. Trump was connecting with many Americans who felt that their voices were not being heard in Washington and who were tired of political correctness. But rejecting the conventions of political correctness is different from showing complete disregard for common decency. Mr. Trump did not stop with shedding the stilted campaign dialogue that often frustrates voters. Instead, he opted for a constant stream of denigrating comments, including demeaning Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) heroic military service and repeatedly insulting Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

With the passage of time, I have become increasingly dismayed by his constant stream of cruel comments and his inability to admit error or apologize. But it was his attacks directed at people who could not respond on an equal footing — either because they do not share his power or stature or because professional responsibility precluded them from engaging at such a level — that revealed Mr. Trump as unworthy of being our president.

My conclusion about Mr. Trump’s unsuitability for office is based on his disregard for the precept of treating others with respect, an idea that should transcend politics. Instead, he opts to mock the vulnerable and inflame prejudices by attacking ethnic and religious minorities. Three incidents in particular have led me to the inescapable conclusion that Mr. Trump lacks the temperament, self-discipline and judgment required to be president.

The first was his mocking of a reporter with disabilities, a shocking display that did not receive the scrutiny it deserved. I kept expecting Mr. Trump to apologize, at least privately, but he did not, instead denying that he had done what seemed undeniable to anyone who watched the video. At the time, I hoped that this was a terrible lapse, not a pattern of abuse.

The second was Mr. Trump’s repeated insistence that Gonzalo Curiel, a federal judge born and raised in Indiana, could not rule fairly in a case involving Trump University because of his Mexican heritage. For Mr. Trump to insist that Judge Curiel would be biased because of his ethnicity demonstrated a profound lack of respect not only for the judge but also for our constitutional separation of powers, the very foundation of our form of government. Again, I waited in vain for Mr. Trump to retract his words.

Third was Donald Trump’s criticism of the grieving parents of Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in Iraq. It is inconceivable that anyone, much less a presidential candidate, would attack two Gold Star parents. Rather than honoring their sacrifice and recognizing their pain, Mr. Trump disparaged the religion of the family of an American hero. And once again, he proved incapable of apologizing, of saying he was wrong.

I am also deeply concerned that Mr. Trump’s lack of self-restraint and his barrage of ill-informed comments would make an already perilous world even more so. It is reckless for a presidential candidate to publicly raise doubts about honoring treaty commitments with our allies. Mr. Trump’s tendency to lash out when challenged further escalates the possibility of disputes spinning dangerously out of control. Read more

Another wonderful day, just loving it!

Clinton scores major GOP donor from Trump

Former MGM CEO says Trump is unfit and, as a conservative, Clinton is his choice.

By Alex Isenstadt 08/09/16

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday added another name to the rapidly growing list of major Republican donors she has taken away from GOP nominee Donald Trump -- former MGM CEO Harry Sloan.

Sloan is a mainstay of Republican fundraising, having served on national finance committees for John McCain and Mitt Romney. As the 2016 election got underway, he signed on with John Kasich.

But in a statement, Sloan said he could not support Trump, who he contended, “does not embody the values that have made me a lifelong Republican. He is unprepared and temperamentally unfit to be our President. Most of my Republican friends feel the same way. As a businessman, a father, and a conservative it is clear to me that Hillary Clinton is the right choice in this election."

Sloan, who serves on the board of trustees of the McCain Institute, a think tank founded by Arizona Sen. John McCain, adds that “if we had a different Republican presidential candidate this year, I would likely be proudly supporting them."

Sloan’s support for the Democratic nominee isn’t entirely new. On June 30, he cut a $33,400 check to a Clinton joint fundraising account, according to federal campaign finance records. Read more

Former GOP EPA heads endorse Clinton: Trump ‘would set the world back decades’

By Nolan D. McCaskill 08/09/16

Donald Trump would threaten the environmental legacy of presidents Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon and George H.W. Bush, according to two former Environmental Protection Agency chiefs from their administrations.

“Republicans have a long history of support for the environment dating back to Theodore Roosevelt. Donald Trump threatens to destroy that legacy of respect for the environment and protection of public health,” William D. Ruckelshaus and William K. Reilly said in a statement endorsing Hillary Clinton’s campaign Tuesday.

Ruckelshaus served as EPA administrator under Reagan and Nixon, while Reilly served under Bush. The pair touted the administrations they worked under for their environmental efforts, but called Trump clueless on the matter.

“Donald Trump has shown a profound ignorance of science and of the public health issues embodied in our environmental laws,” they said. “He hasn’t a clue about Republicans’ historic contributions to science-driven environmental policy.”

They also blasted Trump for suggesting that climate change "is a hoax," noting that they view it as “the singular health and environmental threat to the world today.” Read more

02db73392873f272ba0fc2fd73c3f662.jpg

Poll: Hillary Clinton Dominates Donald Trump in Silicon Valley

By Melissa Hartman/ 20 hours ago

With the November presidential election approaching, Silicon Valley’s most influential employers are in favor of electing Hillary Clinton by a landslide, according to a new poll.

Late last month, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG) conducted a poll of 1,200 of its members and tossed in a question about who they were likely to support for president. The poll concluded July 28, the same day the Democratic National Convention ended.

Clinton, the Democratic nominee, secured 58 percent of the votes from SVLG members, while Republican nominee Donald Trump secured 21 percent. Fifteen percent voted neither or other, and 6 percent voted no opinion. Eighty-one percent of Democrats said they supported Clinton, a paltry 5 percent for Trump, 9 percent for neither or other and 4 percent for no opinion.

Trump failed to secure 46 percent of his own party members in the Silicon Valley poll, with 18 percent selecting Clinton, 22 percent selecting neither or other and 6 percent selecting no opinion.

Silicon Valley’s independents are also on Clinton’s side, according to the poll, which had a reported a margin of error of 2.8 percent. Fifty-two percent said they were going with Clinton to 21 percent for Trump; 17 percent polled for neither or other and 10 percent had no opinion. Read more

The madman strikes again, now he wants his followers to kill Hillary.

Once again he proves he is not presidential material the guy is crazy as hell.

TRUMP-ANGRY-775x320.jpg

Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment

By Tami Luhby and Jim Sciutto, CNN 8/10/2016

(CNN)A US Secret Service official confirms to CNN that the USSS has spoken to the Trump campaign regarding his Second Amendment comments.

"There has been more than one conversation" on the topic, the official told CNN.
The campaign told USSS Donald Trump did not intend to incite violence.

"No such meeting or conversation ever happened," Trump tweeted in response to CNN's report.
The controversy erupted on Tuesday afternoon when Trump said at a rally that Second Amendment defenders might be able to stop Clinton from appointing justices to the Supreme Court who could weaken gun rights.

"Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said. "But I tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if Hillary gets to put her judges in, right now we're tied."

The Secret Service's communications director Cathy Milhoan has not confirmed the conversations between the campaign and the Secret Service, but said in a statement Tuesday that "the U.S. Secret Service is aware of Mr. Trump's comments."
Trump said Tuesday evening that he was simply trying to unify gun owners against Clinton in the voting booth.

"This is a political movement. This is a strong political movement, the Second Amendment," Trump said to Fox News' Sean Hannity. "And there can be no other interpretation ... I mean, give me a break."

Clinton responded Wednesday to Trump's suggestion at an Iowa rally, saying, "words matter."
"Words matter my friends, and if you are running to be president or you are president of the United States, words can have tremendous consequences," Clinton said. "Yesterday we witnessed the latest in a long line of casual comments from Donald Trump that cross the line."

Trump will simple decimate Hillary in the polls.
Rest all is CNN - Clinton News Network fake propaganda.

You're for trump? :o:

Yes, that is the level of frustration I have with the same old republican-democrat bureaucrat clans.

US has to decide whether it wants to continue the same current slow decline or whether it can weather the turbulence from people that actually want to change its course drastically (Trump and to some degree Sanders).

They (Democrats) managed to successfully rig it against Sanders (hoping that they don't alienate all his supporters)....whereas Republicans could not do the same successfully against Trump (though they did try).

If you actually listen to Trump directly rather than what the crooked media feeds people, you will see that he is a lot better than Hillary.

Same goes for the polls, they are distorting the way they collect the data to try dissuade people that are leaning towards trump (but have not commited yet), people that are severely undercounted in the polling methods (given they are often written off as unlikely voters).

Its time the US has a non-politician at the helm. One that wants other countries to pay their dues in defense, reducing the burden on US and also pushing for better security and trade relations.....rather than continuing the excesses of welfare + taxation (democrats) and unneccessary expensive conflicts (traditional republicans like bush).

88 days left until election day.

More bad news for the madman, he is a total loser can’t even unite his own party. I’m loving it!

Dozens of Republicans to urge RNC to cut off funds for Trump

The open letter pushes the RNC to shift resources to Senate and House races.

By Anna Palmer
08/11/16

More than 70 Republicans have signed an open letter to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus urging him to stop spending any money to help Donald Trump win in November and shift those contributions to Senate and House races.

The letter comes as a number of Republican senators and high-profile GOP national security officials have come forward saying they cannot vote for Trump.

“We believe that Donald Trump’s divisiveness, recklessness, incompetence, and record-breaking unpopularity risk turning this election into a Democratic landslide, and only the immediate shift of all available RNC resources to vulnerable Senate and House races will prevent the GOP from drowning with a Trump-emblazoned anchor around its neck,” states a draft of the letter obtained by POLITICO. “This should not be a difficult decision, as Donald Trump’s chances of being elected president are evaporating by the day.”

Former Sen. Gordon Humphrey of New Hampshire and former Reps. Chris Shays of Connecticut, Tom Coleman of Missouri and Vin Weber of Minnesota are among the Republicans lending their name to the letter. Close to 20 of the co-signers are former RNC staffers, including Mindy Finn (former RNC chief digital strategist), Christine Iverson Gunderson (former RNC press secretary), Virginia Hume Onufer (former RNC deputy press secretary), Beth Miller (former RNC field communications division director), Heather Layman (former deputy press secretary), B. Jay Cooper (former RNC communications director under four chairmen) and Patrick Ruffini (former RNC ecampaign director). Read more

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom