What's new

US Politics

FcZYv93X0AAdIfU (1).jpg

Would not matter because the crazies have taken over the house and the sensible GOP types are left in the dust
I agree, except for few, most of them are election denying, pro-Trump religious/racist extremists.

Still, it does make a difference, a split Congress is far better than one controlled by the Republicans. Democrat controlled Senate maintains the party’s ability to continue confirming executive nominees and judges. And since the Democrats have 51/49 majority, they can have greater control of Senate committees. They can also set their own floor agenda and be able to reject crazy MAGA bills past by a Republican-led house. I'm pretty sure there are some other benefits that I cannot think of at this time.

I agree, except for few, most of them are election denying, pro-Trump religious/racist extremists.

Still, it does make a difference, a split Congress is far better than one controlled by the Republicans. Democrat controlled Senate maintains the party’s ability to continue confirming executive nominees and judges. And since the Democrats have 51/49 majority, they can have greater control of Senate committees. They can also set their own floor agenda and be able to reject crazy MAGA bills past by a Republican-led house. I'm pretty sure there are some other benefits that I cannot think of at this time.
Not with Sinema defecting - she isn’t actually independent but is rumored to be a full on republican pretending to be a democrat to win her seat.

Not with Sinema defecting - she isn’t actually independent but is rumored to be a full on republican pretending to be a democrat to win her seat.
If Sinema defected to Republican, she is going to lose her committee assignment.

Considering from next year the The Congress is not going to work (Dem have senate and GOP have the house) I would think Sinema would just keep the committee assignment and instead of fully defected to the GOP. It's really pointless unless Joe Manchin does the same.

If Sinema defected to Republican, she is going to lose her committee assignment.

Considering from next year the The Congress is not going to work (Dem have senate and GOP have the house) I would think Sinema would just keep the committee assignment and instead of fully defected to the GOP. It's really pointless unless Joe Manchin does the same.
I have a feeling Manchin might go independent as well following suit but it seems Bernie is twitching more than usual. In a way I am also glad AoC has herself stuck in an ethics situation - that woman gave me the cringe

I have a feeling Manchin might go independent as well following suit but it seems Bernie is twitching more than usual. In a way I am also glad AoC has herself stuck in an ethics situation - that woman gave me the cringe
Nah, if he wanted to, he could have done it back with GOP have 50 and needed Harris tiebreaker

What I can see is this. Now with 50 seats and Sinema is out, The Democrat would be up to Manchin arse to have him stay on their side. Manchin would get nothing if he go independent, because many people believe Sinema is probably not going to be re-elected because Arizona is turning blue. It serve Manchin nothing if he defected as well. He may as well stay as it is and squeeze all the democrat out.

Digital trading cards for people who love losers and losing!

cjonesrbg12182022.jpg

So far nothing has change, she insists that her new party identity will not impact the way she votes and said she won’t caucus with Republicans. Before her announcement she informed senator Schumer of her decision and asked him to keep her committee assignments. And on Monday, she came to the Senate floor, casting a vote for a Biden judicial nominee.

Bty, let’s not forget independent Sens. Bernie Sanders and Angus King have been caucusing with the Democrats for a long time.

Kevin Mccarthy failed to get enough vote for House Speaker for the 2nd days and 4th times.......Jesus, what had Republican Party been doing....

After all that's transpired, Kristen Sinema knows full well she will most likely not win another election as a Democrat. As she's grown increasingly unpopular.

Not a real shocker to the Democrat political class as they considered her to be not a Democrat for a while

Kevin Mccarthy failed to get enough vote for House Speaker for the 2nd days and 4th times.......Jesus, what had Republican Party been doing....
What a damn clown show. The House is beginning a 10th vote for Speaker, and guess what, McCarthy has already lost, since 18 Republicans have already voted for his opponents.

What a damn clown show. The House is beginning a 10th vote for Speaker, and guess what, McCarthy has already lost, since 18 Republicans have already voted for his opponents.
Well, I don't think majority of republican would vote for Jefferies, what McCarthy should do is to pawn out of Congressional Committee assignment to see if any Democrats willing to back him, I mean McCarthy is out of tricks for his fellow GOP rep. HE isn't going to give more to sway them because there are no more, he can give. He needs to look at bi-partisan backing.

But I have a very strong feeling the dem are going to drag this on as long as possible, Biden already tweeted this is embarrassing and is none of his business, that show you how much Dem don't care about the debacle, and the most tragic things is, Biden was right, it is an embarrassment, and it is not his business....

I will say even McCarthy get to be speaker, the house is not going to be in order.......

Well, I don't think majority of republican would vote for Jefferies, what McCarthy should do is to pawn out of Congressional Committee assignment to see if any Democrats willing to back him, I mean McCarthy is out of tricks for his fellow GOP rep. HE isn't going to give more to sway them because there are no more, he can give. He needs to look at bi-partisan backing.

But I have a very strong feeling the dem are going to drag this on as long as possible, Biden already tweeted this is embarrassing and is none of his business, that show you how much Dem don't care about the debacle, and the most tragic things is, Biden was right, it is an embarrassment, and it is not his business....

I will say even McCarthy get to be speaker, the house is not going to be in order.......
Trump even got a vote ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom