What's new

US Politics

I listened and read the entire call and as much as I detest Clump as a president, what he said in the call is legally problematic, as in difficult to prosecute. What he said could be interpreted several different contexts.

Yep, I agree. The way he worded it, it could be construed like he was only asking, or inquiring and not necessarily suggesting to the Georgia CoS to commit say that he did see Dominion take out the machines or change parts in the machines. All of those were obvious insinuations he was giving the CoS because of ultimately what followed at the end of those suggestions when he said "are you sure?" Then he said "No, you're not a Republican etc." or something along those lines. Laying the guilt trip on him so that he would acquiesce to his demands of showing something that would help the current president.

So I guess it would really depend on how a good prosecutor would present his case and how good a defense attorney would argue the charges and then ultimately the unanimous decision of a jury of 12. So I agree, he did dance around the stuff he said but there are some incriminating things in there and it just depends on how it's presented and who decides on it.

Yep, I agree. The way he worded it, it could be construed like he was only asking, or inquiring and not necessarily suggesting to the Georgia CoS to commit say that he did see Dominion take out the machines or change parts in the machines. All of those were obvious insinuations he was giving the CoS because of ultimately what followed at the end of those suggestions when he said "are you sure?" Then he said "No, you're not a Republican etc." or something along those lines. Laying the guilt trip on him so that he would acquiesce to his demands of showing something that would help the current president.

So I guess it would really depend on how a good prosecutor would present his case and how good a defense attorney would argue the charges and then ultimately the unanimous decision of a jury of 12. So I agree, he did dance around the stuff he said but there are some incriminating things in there and it just depends on how it's presented and who decides on it.
Consider this for a moment...

Trump knew that he was going to be recorded. Either Trump thought about it, or someone in his clique thought about it and warned him. By now, there is no way Trump is ignorant of how much of the US citizenry despise him down to the personal level even though they never met the guy. I do not think that Trump, despite his decades bathing in the public limelight, ever thought how anyone could hate him. Until now he learned and learned the hard way. So I think that his evasiveness in that phone call was deliberate because he knew the odds of recording and leak are pretty much five-9s.

Consider this for a moment...

Trump knew that he was going to be recorded. Either Trump thought about it, or someone in his clique thought about it and warned him. By now, there is no way Trump is ignorant of how much of the US citizenry despise him down to the personal level even though they never met the guy. I do not think that Trump, despite his decades bathing in the public limelight, ever thought how anyone could hate him. Until now he learned and learned the hard way. So I think that his evasiveness in that phone call was deliberate because he knew the odds of recording and leak are pretty much five-9s.

He definitely knows he's being recorded. I think all white house calls are automatically recorded since FDR's days as president and if he's not calling from the White House and was calling from Mar A Lago, then the statehouse in Georgia at the other end would automatically be recording these calls. Plus I think there's that disclaimer or announcement prior to the call starting that notifies the individuals on the line that they're being recorded. Otherwise it's completely illegal to record a phone call without at least notifying the subject(s) being recorded. Kinda like when you call the bank or the insurance co. to yell at them for charging to much. First thing they say is (this call is being recorded for quality assurance!) lol.

Last edited:
Democrat Senate candidate Raphael Warnock has defeated Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler. :cheers:

Warnock-e1609916136526.jpg

And the other Democrat challenger Jon Ossoff is on the verge of defeating his Republican opponent. The Senate would be evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats, but once vice President-elect Kamala Harris is sworn in, she would have the power to break ties for Democrats.

After a long time, the Democrats will have the White House, Senate and the House. What a sweet victory!

Meanwhile, in Washington DC:

Trump and his MAGA sore losers are holding a rally. :lol:

Senate Republicans and House Republicans are challenging Electoral College votes, what a waste of time farce.

Breaking news: Pence informed Trump that he can't block Biden's win. :lol:

View attachment 704163

Don't celebrate just yet!

Arizona vote has been formally objected to! Can't wait to see shills screeching now.

Democrat Senate candidate Raphael Warnock has defeated Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler. :cheers:

Honestly, I was shocked to hear he had won! I didn't think he had it in him especially in that southern most hellhole and against that robot with nothing but money. She is so wealthy it's crazy that she cares about being a senator. But back to the reverend, he raised a record amount of money that it would've been quite a loss had he not won. But I never thought he could pull it off and now with Ossoff projected as the winner, it will make for an amazing turn around, wow.

That the world's most powerful man tried and failed to disrupt the US system is a testament to its everlasting strength. Considering what the country has endured in 2020, it has been a stress test that has shown its strengths and weaknesses, and the process of improving the system will carry on unabated. Let there be no doubt that due process will always win in this country.

Trumps Twitter account has been permanently suspended. It’s about time.

I've got a question for all my American friends here. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 1 being lowest and 10 being highest), how do you feel Trump has lived up to his election pledge to "make America great again"? Do you feel the greatness?

That's quite unprecedented. Good riddance. I wouldn't care if we never heard a single thing from that donkey from here on.
Do you support suppressing the speech of anyone associated with Trump to any degree?

Do you support suppressing the speech of anyone associated with Trump to any degree?

Of course not. And let's be clear about our "freedom of speech" and the boundaries within that concept. Just because we have something called 'freedom of speech,' doesn't mean we get to say anything we want in any context we wish and within any platform we chose without any consequences. Twitter and most social media outlets have all kinds of rules and regulations that pretty much degrade the levels of freedom of speech. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that just because you have that freedom, doesn't mean you can get on any of these networks, bypass their rules and conditions and incite violence and insurrection onto any public domain, let alone the capital of the United States.

Of course not. And let's be clear about our "freedom of speech" and the boundaries within that concept. Just because we have something called 'freedom of speech,' doesn't mean we get to say anything we want in any context we wish and within any platform we chose without any consequences. Twitter and most social media outlets have all kinds of rules and regulations that pretty much degrade the levels of freedom of speech. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that just because you have that freedom, doesn't mean you can get on any of these networks, bypass their rules and conditions and incite violence and insurrection onto any public domain, let alone the capital of the United States.
That's an interesting point of view. I have two questions:
  1. Do you support extending "free speech" protections to avowed fascists who have the goal of overthrowing the constitutional order of the United States (and with it the First Amendment)?
  2. What's your opinion on America's move toward a "Chinese-style" information management system (i.e. censorship) differing from the latter only in that it will be run incompetently by private corporations?
Perhaps @gambit, @Hamartia Antidote, and @F-22Raptor can take a crack at answering these two questions as well. Although I will note that they tend to duck the tough questions.

That's an interesting point of view. I have two questions:
  1. Do you support extending "free speech" protections to avowed fascists who have the goal of overthrowing the constitutional order of the United States (and with it the First Amendment)?
  2. What's your opinion on America's move toward a "Chinese-style" information management system (i.e. censorship) differing from the latter only in that it will be run incompetently by private corporations?

The terrorist in your profile photo has been arrested. He looks thrilled. :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom