What's new

US Politics

Hurray, that looks like a good start. :partay:

Biden wins vote in tiny Dixville Notch, NH

Democratic nominee Joe Biden on Tuesday won all five votes in the presidential election in Dixville Notch, a tiny New Hampshire town near the Canadian border known for being one of the first places in which residents cast their ballots.

The minuscule township only has 12 residents as of the 2010 census.

A lifelong Republican named Les Otten cast the first vote in Dixville Notch and explained his decision to back the Democrat in a now-viral video that quickly raked in more than 1.1 million views.

"I don't agree with him on a lot of issues, but I believe it's time to find what unites us - not what divides us," Otten said. "It's time to rebuild the heart of what makes us a great country. That starts with electing leaders of character who are truthful and who will put the country's welfare above all else and who will show respect for all people regardless of their gender, their race, their religion or their political beliefs." Source

That's hilarious. 12 residents!?

Trump's stock market performance falls short of Obama's

S&P 500 performance over presidents’ first term
Percent change from the last trading day before inauguration to the end of October in their 4th year.

President Trump has presided over a stock market surge since taking office in 2017, but he's been outpaced by three of his four predecessors.

By the numbers: The S&P 500 grew by 44.5% since Trump's inauguration through the end of October 2020. This comes up short of former President Obama's 66.1% through the comparable time period, but well above the -15.8% for former President George W. Bush.

Trump's market performance also trails Obama in terms of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, although it tops Obama when it comes to the Nasdaq.

Context: Obama took office in the midst of an economic recession, so much of his S&P 500 performance was a rebound from the depths. Trump inherited a bull market that continued to rampage, outside of a brief dip early in the pandemic.

Be smart: The S&P 500 measures how investors view the health of large American companies, not how healthy the American economy may or may not be.

Obama
+66.1%

Clinton
+62.1%
+50

H.W. Bush
+45.9%

Trump
+44.5%

Reagan
+23.6%
+25

Carter
+22.7%

Nixon
+9.4%

W. Bush
-15.8%

2020-10-30-president-sp500-tablet.jpg

If you haven’t voted yet, I want to remind you that this election is too important for anyone to sit on the sidelines. The future of our democracy is on the line. Please go out and vote today!

View attachment 685328

I have never voted in the US before even though I have been living here for 20 years. I am, however, going to vote for the first time today when I get off work. I do want to say that I am not a fan of either candidate, but I just can't bring myself to vote for Biden. After all of the corruption he and his son are involved in and the 47 years in politics, the prison laws he supported which locked up millions, I just don't know why anyone would vote for Biden. Also, who wants higher taxes? Mind you, under Trump no new wars were started, many were avoided, and troops are coming home, booming economy (minus COVID), prison reform, etc. He did things that TRULY matter to the people. Under Obama I felt like this country had no leader, I didn't have a sense to it at all, but under Trump you know who the leader is and what is actually happening.

So far, no surprises in President election. Though, so far, the results in Ohio, Florida and North Carolina are not looking good for Biden. On the other hand, Early results from Arizona are looking quite good for Biden.

On the Senate side, Democrat Hickenlooper has flipped a Colorado Senate seat by defeating Sen Cory Gardner. :yahoo:

After short speech by Biden that they are having good vibes about Pen and other battle ground states.

Trump has come up with a twit. This was called back but then re-instated by Trump team.

Is there a chance that Trump refuses to accept the results of the elections and refuses to leave the "White House"!!

Sounds more and more like Pakistani election. maen nahi manta ,mujhe na manzoor ha , Establishment ki sazish ha

Agents ko bahir nikal kr votes per thappay laga rahe hain- Trump Shareef

Seems trump is winning but the liberals cant digest it and are halting the process and adding new ballots.

After this tweet, in last few minutes he has delivered a short notice through the TV appearance , asking the Supreme Court to interfere and stop the counting of the votes.

The postal votes still to be counted. All the counts earlier were for the votes cast today.
The postal votes in most battle ground states are still not counted.
The commentators think that in some important states Biden can catch up Trump on the basis of these postal votes.

Trump is fearful of that. That's why he has decided to ask SC to interfere.
Already people are calling him disrespectful to American system.

Looks like the Democrats policy of strict lockdowns and enforcing social distancing has backfired on them. It's affected vote counting in urban, heavily Democratic areas of the battleground states. Trump is taking advantage of the irregular delay and threatening to appeal to the Supreme Court to stop the vote counting.
Democrats thought they had an advantage in this year's elections because of how the federal government handled Covid, with some 200 thousand deaths, but the truth is, Americans are more frustrated with the stupid lockdowns that are affecting their livelihoods.
You see, people don't really care if 200 thousand strangers, mostly old people, have died from a disease, but they do care if you force them to close their business or inconvenience them in any way with stupid rules regarding mandating of masks and 6 meters apart etc.

Back
Top Bottom