What's new

US, Pakistan need to establish each other’s limitations

This is because Manmohan stood up even when all odds were against him, when Gillani would do something like that then tell me. Till then i am happy that ISI remains out of the civilian control. By the way i can understand the paranoia that you guys have about the ISI.

Good for you.

You said it.

Democracy is not something that is right for Pakistan.

Your awam requires to be ruled by an iron hand and not rule!

Thus, sham democracy!

A historical reality!

Good for you.

You said it.

Democracy is not something that is right for Pakistan.

Your awam requires to be ruled by an iron hand and not rule!

Thus, sham democracy!

A historical reality!

Don't tell us as if you know better. I gave you an example in an another thread how system works here. Pakistan has always progressed more during the rule of the army then any other civilian government. All democracy has given it to us is chaos and nothing more. I am personally of an opinion that we need to have a system similar to that of Turkey. Also a person having at least metric degree should only be eligible to cast vote so that this feudal system of ours where vote are casted over baradari system and not on capabilities is flushed down the toilet. A check and balance is what is needed in Pakistan. I've seen democratic governments acting the same as dictators do, so next time you come up with this far cry about democracy, try finding a literature over how has it has effected Pakistan.

Last edited:
Don't tell us as if you know better. I gave you an example in an another thread how system works here. Pakistan has always progressed more during the rule of the army then any other civilian government. All democracy has given it to us is chaos and nothing more. I am personally of an opinion that we need to have a system similar to that of Turkey. Also a person having at least metric degree should only be eligible to cast vote so that this feudal system of ours where vote are casted over baradari system and not on capabilities is flushed down the toilet. A check and balance is what is needed in Pakistan. I've seen democratic governments acting the same as dictators do, so next time you come up with this far cry about democracy, try finding a literature over how has it has effected Pakistan.

I agree I don't know as to how it affects the Pakistan citizens.

I go by news.

Pakistan lost democracy since Ayub's time.

I totally agree that Paksitan has progressed under the military and have said it earlier in this very forum. No earth shaking enlightenment for me!

What is a metric degree?

I am totally in consonance what you say about reforms that should be. However, politicians being what they are, will never let their mode of power go.

In India, vote bank politics is disgusting, but does it go?

What is a metric degree?

Its an equalivent to O levels in Pakistan. Actually its spelled with a instead of e after m but the system was giving a red line so i used e.

In India, vote bank politics is disgusting, but does it go?

I don't know about the system in India but one thing is sure whatever it maybe the system is definitely working for India, that is why we have never seen a martial law in India. The same cannot be said about Pakistan which means that obviously this system has some flaws when it comes to Pakistan. So the two cannot be compared. We need something else in place, not necessarily democracy something of what's happening in Turkey.

I for one do not care what type of rule is in Pakistan, all i want is to see my country put on the right track and if that means a military rule then so be it.

Last edited:
Its an equalivent to O levels in Pakistan. Actually its spelled with a instead of e after m but the system was giving a red line so i used e.

OK.

This was there long time back in India too!

I don't know about the system in India but one thing is sure whatever it maybe the system is definitely working for India, that is why we have never seen a martial law in India. The same cannot be said about Pakistan which means that obviously this system has some flaws when it comes to Pakistan. So the two cannot be compared. We need something else in place, not necessarily democracy something of what's happening in Turkey.

I for one do not care what type of rule is in Pakistan, all i want is to see my country put on the right track and if that means a military rule then so be it.

I would say the system is not working, and instead, it is limping.

We all have a long way to go.

I really don't know if military rule alone is the salvation for Pakistan. Even now, the Army is still in control working behind the scenes as in the case of the flip over the ISI issue.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom