What's new

US-Pakistan agreed to explore financing for Diamir Bhasha Dam

@IceCold

Totally agree. Particularly this part,
however seeing the mood, US does not want to abdomen of alienate Pakistan completely and we can use that to our advantage if we play smart and stop this anti US rhetoric nonsense.

Money can be raised without begging but its the Art most pakistani finance ministers are Good At. Minister can easily issue Basha Dam Bonds at attractive return rates with in pakistan and return could be based on profits generated by the Dam. Or Dam could be contracted out to private corporations for own operate profit and return to GOP.

Million ways to fix this problem only issue is all require politicians to shut out of this and thats why this issue will not resolve as they will not explore any alternative.

What happens if the Bhasha Dam Bonds are not adequately subscribed?

You are debating over what .... ??

I'm sound on this subject nothing is brilliant is going to come out of it...when I am talking about this subject I am talking in broad sense you people should think of all possibilities and dimensions, improve your economy by yourselves stop begging and develop these dams but it is all too late the water scarcity will haunt Pakistan and there is nothing Pakistan can do...Pakistan clearly looks alone on international level because of its policies no outsider has to be blamed.

I'm sound on this subject nothing is brilliant is going to come out of it...when I am talking about this subject I am talking in broad sense you people should think of all possibilities and dimensions, improve your economy by yourselves stop begging and develop these dams but it is all too late the water scarcity will haunt Pakistan and there is nothing Pakistan can do...Pakistan clearly looks alone on international level because of its policies no outsider has to be blamed.

You are talking about economic improvement plz allow me to ask is it possible without infrastructure development ..... ??

You are hinting about water shortage how is it possible to overcome this problem without the development of new water reservoirs ..... ??

I am not questioning your knowledge regarding the subject, but really like to know whats wrong in securing the finance from International Development Financial Institutions for Mega Projects .... ??

Why are you terming it as 'begging' is it new thing specifically related to Pakistan ...... all other countries of the world does not avail financing facilities for development ..... ???

plz present your case with supportive facts and figures rather than ranting and unrelated commentary ..... like last sentence of your post .....

Another instance where US is helpng pakistan. And pakistan is 2nd hater of USA. :disagree:

You are talking about economic improvement plz allow me to ask is it possible without infrastructure development ..... ??

You are hinting about water shortage how is it possible to overcome this problem without the development of new water reservoirs ..... ??

I am not questioning your knowledge regarding the subject, but really like to know whats wrong in securing the finance from International Development Financial Institutions for Mega Projects .... ??

Why are you terming it as 'begging' is it new thing specifically related to Pakistan ...... all other countries of the world does not avail financing facilities for development ..... ???

plz present your case with supportive facts and figures rather than ranting and unrelated commentary ..... like last sentence of your post .....

That you need to ask musical chair political parties wtf were they doing about water/dams for the past 26 years including mush's liberal thoughts. You can question me but my opinion is you won't get much funding due to Pakistan's bad record, you may get but little which is not enough or if Pakistan gets funding from where-ever internationally it would be hard to return and in reply more price hikes in other areas would be imposed and poverty will rise, everything is interconnected there is no escape...things Pakistan should have done in 80's 90's haven't even been initiated. Lets not compare ourselves in all other countries.

Well Basha is most important dam for many reasons.

Only half of Dasu dam can be completed if Basha isnt build. Basha dam will also increase Tarbela dam life by 35 years. Anyway can anyone explain what happens to dam after it expires? No longer generate electricity?

Pakistan needs Dasu, Kala Bagh & Basha Dam's, they are national assets.

Back
Top Bottom