What's new

US offers latest airborne radar to India

this is an open forum and everyone have the right to contribute. If you do not like my opinion, go to Bharat Rakshak. I would not be able to contribute there. I'm comment on my view from the perspective of what is best for India. India need US help and many Indians are too proud to ask for help.

Fair enough. Forget his other posts. There is nothing wrong with what he said here. He is entitled to his opinion.

Let's not get into the business of name calling . It degrades all of us. We are in a Pakistani forum as guests and we don't hesitate in giving our opinion on Pakistani issues. Surely some reciprocity is called for here. Some of you guys need to chill out a bit. :cheers:

Ok guys, that was pathetic and uncalled for. I read his posts and I don't think he was trolling. He just asked why India insists on ToT all the time, when sometimes the best goods would be available without ToT. This is something that even Indian members have wondered about. I myself have wondered whether it would be better to get systems like ASTOR or Aegis, even if we don't get ToT.

You could have either answered him or kept quiet. Don't call everyone who asks a doubt about India a troll. In fact, I would say that your negative posts about Taiwan and associating him with some other trolls itself can be called trolling.

@ faithfulguy

India asks for ToT because we are moving towards indegenisation. We need to learn how a system works so we can gain knowledge from it and use it to enhance our defence industry. Our procurements are as much for knowledge as it is for defence.

As for this deal, we can be sure that India will ask for ToT. Whether US provides it is another question. And whether India will agree to the deal without ToT is also speculative. If government feels that the system offers a significant boost to our defences, then they might go for it without ToT. We'll have to wait and see

Su-47 :

what will you say for the bold part of Faithfulguy's comment? I was ok with rest of his comment but I am simply fed up with these guys repeating the same lines over and over again.

US usually don't do TOT. But US systems are much better than what India can jointly developed with another country. India didn't request TOT with P8I. 0 TOT. Why request TOT with this one? Why have TOT if India can't do anything with the technology anyway? Just get the darn system and inducted into the Indian military and forget about TOT.

Last edited:
you are a chinese in disguise of a taiwanese...
guys i dont have problem with the issue that America may not give TOT to India or India may/may not go ahead with purchase with/without TOT.

BUT i take strong exception to the comment made above by faithfulguy that India cannot do anything with the technology anyway.....

India has come too far ahead in terms of science n technology and is ahead of China overall... and India scientists are among the best in the world....

But this faithfulguy is always let me tell you ALWAYS whenever he replies to any post his intention is to try his level best to belittle India's ability and progress....

and he is always is all praise about the chinese despite their lack of innovaton and complete copy paste products... n he never criticises China.... never..

some of his posts on another thread:
There is nothing wrong if that is the case. We are know that India is very backward in its domestic capability and won't be able to produce a gun without assistance. To get to the top, one has to start in the base.

India is the Third lagrest economy in Asia and the second fastest growing one.....he should be proud of India, rather then fuffilling his hidden agenda of belittling India on this forum.....

Thanks Rahul! That exactly was my point and I had read his comments on some of the other threads and he almost posted the same stuff on all the India defence related thread. It was simply disgusting and pathetic and I will ask other people who are advicing me to check his other posts and decide.

Thanks Rahul! That exactly was my point and I had read his comments on some of the other threads and he almost posted the same stuff on all the India defence related thread. It was simply disgusting and pathetic and I will ask other people who are advicing me to check his other posts and decide.

bhai. If sm1 getn payment from the posts then we should help him in incresng the posts.now Chill out. Ignore his troll. And enjoy the fun

Can someone clear my doubt?

Was India looking for such a radar OR the US, just like something out of the blue, offering it to us.

If they are making the offer (without our request) then there should be some hidden agenda on it. Don't do you Guru's think?

What I am waiting to see is, when the deal goes through. I have heard about offers and offers but not much materialized so far. I agree that not every-time we should look for TOT, we should be flexible, you cannot just ignore a good offer if they does not offer you TOT. Dude someone create a technology with all the hard work and you want to get all that so easily.

However we should cover our-self in buying stuff that might becomes useless in case of sanction, one of doing it is buying enough in spares.

Can someone clear my doubt?

Was India looking for such a radar OR the US, just like something out of the blue, offering it to us.

If they are making the offer (without our request) then there should be some hidden agenda on it. Don't do you Guru's think?
Most likely they offered it just like that, same way as Hellfire missiles, V22, E-2D, or AEGIS.
Personally I would like to see more commonality in our forces and if the Israeli system will be comparable and we already have their Gulfstream 550 AWACS on offer (as shore based AWACS), we should use their version on the same platform and make a joint deal to reduce costs. Going for Astor and E-2D instead would be different systems on different platforms.

Most likely they offered it just like that, same way as Hellfire missiles, V22, E-2D, or AEGIS.
Personally I would like to see more commonality in our forces and if the Israeli system will be comparable and we already have their Gulfstream 550 AWACS on offer (as shore based AWACS), we should use their version on the same platform and make a joint deal to reduce costs. Going for Astor and E-2D instead would be different systems on different platforms.
I have a question, can this be used for terrorists?, say place the plane in the sky and monitor the movements happening accross border.

It may not be a cost effective system for terrorists, but it could be used i guess?

I have a question, can this be used for terrorists?, say place the plane in the sky and monitor the movements happening accross border.

It may not be a cost effective system for terrorists, but it could be used i guess?

Check the link of the Aviation Week article I posted above (post 17), it is about using the Astor in Afganistan against the Taliban.

Thanks for replying.

I honestly feel insecure when India purchases/deals with US. They always do it for their betterment no matter what. Look now, our people will of course buy this stuff. The next step for US would be to sell some counter stuff to Pak. I'm not blaming Pak but the US.

Well, We cannot restrict US from selling/offering stuffs to Pak but we can always say no to their foxy offers.

Su-47 :

what will you say for the bold part of Faithfulguy's comment? I was ok with rest of his comment but I am simply fed up with these guys repeating the same lines over and over again.

US usually don't do TOT. But US systems are much better than what India can jointly developed with another country. India didn't request TOT with P8I. 0 TOT. Why request TOT with this one? Why have TOT if India can't do anything with the technology anyway? Just get the darn system and inducted into the Indian military and forget about TOT.

hmmm....i should have read the post more carefully. And yes, I hadn't seen his posts in other threads.

But still, I believe that as Indians we should have a decorum for replying. There are certain standards below which we should not stoop. After all, we are from a nation that has Gandhi as the father of the nation. we should follow his example of restraint in this matter. The best way to reply to a troll is to disprove his claims. If he can't incite you, he will lose interest.

I do hope that all Indians will stop trolling or getting incited by others' trolling and flamebait. If the trolls want to stoop low and make their countries look cultureless and hateful, let them! Any outsider reading through these threads will see what low-life scum these trolls really are. I don't want anyone thinking of my countrymen like that. But unfortunately too many Indians let themselves go and become trolls. I myself have trolled when i couldn't control myself. But i do try my best, and i feel all Indians should help and guide each other to be better representatives of our nation.

There is a positive way and negative way to defend your country. Lets be the bigger people and take the positive route. I urge all Indians to exercise more patience and not to let our country down.

Jai Hind!

Su-47,

Point Taken and I have already removed my posts.. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom