What's new

US offers Joint Strike Fighter to India

Being the largest importer of weapons, India is an attractive market. Countries will do whatever it takes to sell their "stuff". Especially in today's economic climate.

Ironically, India (a Cold War foe) was also offered to join the JSF program. But chose to focus on it's FGFA program instead.

Why is the US trying so hard? Well, that's because the weapons manufacturing sector is one of the only viable export oriented industries within the US.

Interesting times ahead :agree:

Will Have to ?? Thats the 1st.. I too have heard (pretty reliable sources) about an impending deal on Super Hornet in next 4-8 months, However not in place of MMRCA but over and above that...

Yep, that's correct. India dare not do anything else. Otherwise ----. That's the rule of the game. You can find a report on this in one of the threads here. I believe IDF also reproduced this. The undertaking is formally tied to Indo-US Nuclear deal. In any case, by now, India is heavily dependent on Western finance and defense eqpt. The last one because the West has been able to frighten India out of its wits about an impending Chinese assault.

Yep, that's correct. India dare not do anything else. Otherwise ----. That's the rule of the game. You can find a report on this in one of the threads here. I believe IDF also reproduced this. The undertaking is formally tied to Indo-US Nuclear deal. In any case, by now, India is heavily dependent on Western finance and defense eqpt. The last one because the West has been able to frighten India out of its wits about an impending Chinese assault.
restless1.gif

restless1.gif

restless1.gif

Just buy 200 Rafales. Forget this offer, its not worth it. This is a very expensive fighter and presently we dont have a threat for
which we require such a platform.

I would have expected at least one US craft in MMRCA shortlist, after pitching from their president, at least to save american face. Are Indians frightened of china, but still insensitive to US?
Western is too loose a word, we are going for european planes, especially french ones, because we operate them already without any issues. It makes good sense to reduce the risk, too many eggs in russian basket.

About american hardware, they are prone to sanctions, hence are unattractive for India. We should go slow before buying from them in big way. At the same time, bargain with russia for better deal.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
:what:Sorry sir,We are not dependent on western finance.:)Bangladesh our best friend offers us financial assistance and v r happy with it...."Thik hai ab ghar ja,aur muh(face) dho k aa":angry:
Ohh sorry you don't know hindi,....

Yep, that's correct. India dare not do anything else.

Well, they did dare reject the F-16IN and the F-18IN in favor of the French Rafale and the Eurofighter (both non-US). Competition between American and European firms is fierce. Add Russia and even China to the bag.

Otherwise ----. That's the rule of the game. You can find a report on this in one of the threads here. I believe IDF also reproduced this. The undertaking is formally tied to Indo-US Nuclear deal.

The Indo-US nuke deal is another matter.

In any case, by now, India is heavily dependent on Western finance and defense eqpt. The last one because the West has been able to frighten India out of its wits about an impending Chinese assault.

I didn't know India received military aid. In fact, much of India's current equipment are of Russian origin. Although, India is increasingly moving toward more Western equipment, along with Russian. I'd say they have managed their relations with the US and Russia pretty well.

Reasons for the US trying hard to sell their stuff to India are obvious as I stated in my previous post.

However, questions can still remain regarding India's role in the SCO and the US interests against the whole thing. And Russia has placed quite a lot of commitment into it.

I get your avatar.. You dont have to emphasize it by trying to catch your tail in your posts too.. Metaphorically I mean ;)

1st of alll this is not possible and 2nd pakistan is mostly at defence wo they dont neet stlh aircraft that will be with waste of money instead on that they will give prorty to buying other stuff.. and one more thing that some one said that pakistanii f16 cant lock at american air crafts now this problem is solved american never sell their good stuff they save it for fun and pakistanii is buying new f16thats good but they alsoo need to buy other aircrafts like saab , euro fighter , i know they are expnve and they need lot of mantnce but if y want some thing good then y have to pay good ;;) like in punjabi jina gur pao ona mitha =))

Old Article. Anyway IN can check F-35 not the airforce.

Back
Top Bottom