What's new

US Navy commissions new amphibious assault ship, USS America (LHA-6)

I'm being Over ambitious bro. As far as i know China is still strugling to build an aircraft carrier.:disagree: Something we in the west(and even Japan) had done/been doing for decades.:bounce:

China can easily build a carrier just less capable than Nimitz, and can easily build San Antonio class or any LHDs, short of American class and to some extent Wasp.

But that's not the issue here. China is still in the process of finding the best solution for island warfare, so we will build it after a while.

We already have 3 ready, and 1 close to launch, 2 more building, of the type 071 and we did something even the Russians struggle to do with the Liaoning.

As far as I know one carrier a little bigger than Liaoning is close to launch, and another has either started building or is close to.

We have a few designs for LHD, but so far no news. Probably smaller than the American class, but bigger than Mistral, essentially American class with no fighters.

The goal is to match America with a blue water navy by 2050.

China can easily build a carrier just less capable than Nimitz, and can easily build San Antonio class or any LHDs, short of American class and to some extent Wasp.

But that's not the issue here. China is still in the process of finding the best solution for island warfare, so we will build it after a while.

We already have 3 ready, and 1 close to launch, 2 more building, of the type 071 and we did something even the Russians struggle to do with the Liaoning.

As far as I know one carrier a little bigger than Liaoning is close to launch, and another has either started building or is close to.

We have a few designs for LHD, but so far no news. Probably smaller than the American class, but bigger than Mistral, essentially American class with no fighters.

The goal is to match America with a blue water navy by 2050.

So you dont even have an LHD yet?lool You sure got lots of catching up to do vis a vis the U.S and even France indeed.:bounce:

But one thing I don't understand,why F-35 is getting integrated on a landing platform??probably to give air support to the marines and to protect this asset,but then doesn't USN use carriers for that role too??or is it designed to act as standalone platform?

They tend to mix and match depending upon the situation.

Different mixes on the USS Kearsarge

Harriers/Ospreys
USS-Kearsarge-06-2013 .jpg

All helicopters
lhd3.jpg

Full assault
y7WODr1.jpg
[/user]

Last edited:
So you dont even have an LHD yet?lool You sure got lots of catching up to do vis a vis the U.S and even France indeed.:bounce:
no helicopter, I mean we are developing a few models, but not before they are done. But once it's done, it's easy. I don't say easy lightly.

Now, some nations choose to go for bigger ships right away, but in fact they can't handle it. We on the other hand have almost all the ingredients ready or in development.

Z-20, Z-15, WZ-10, and one to two more models will need at least until 2020 to be fully mature platforms. Then be prepared for 2 LHD every 2-3 years.

We also have to expand Marine corp too, to I heard two to three divisions rather than three brigades.

Of course, replenishment ships, nuclear subs, more 052D and 055 as well as Y-20 as refuelers for long range missions are also needed for any operation.

By 2019, we would have fully modern single soldier combat gear, more satellites, Carrier launched AEW and surveillance planes, as well as normal long range ones.

Can we get it now? Simple enough, it's easier than a 052D that needs world beater weapon systems, and speed, but we lack the system to handle it right now, and I must say, other than America, almost nobody else could handle it, Japan and France can sort of do it, with Britain at a distant fourth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom