What's new

US Military to Defeat Iran Military in Three weeks

lol,buying the forth most weapons doesn't make you forth strongest country.
My friend, Iraq was militarily very strong during early 1990s. Almost half of the world formed a coalition against it in 1991.

I have to agree with the assesment,iran can't withstand a joint israeli american onslaught,most of its retaliation missiles will be taken out from the air,in any case pac-3 and arrow-2 AMD systems are operational.Even if some land with conventional warheads they will kill probably a few civilians,take out a city block at best.

I have to agree with the assesment,iran can't withstand a joint israeli american onslaught,most of its retaliation missiles will be taken out from the air,in any case pac-3 and arrow-2 AMD systems are operational.Even if some land with conventional warheads they will kill probably a few civilians,take out a city block at best.
Yes!

This has been my point since the begining. Some members have highly unrealistic expectations from Iran.

This potential conflict can turn in to a Iran vs USA + Israel + GCC showdown.

Not just this but GCC have contingency plan for closure of Hormuz to maintain the OIL exports.

Now what can a single country do against so many countries? Keeping in mind that USA alone is very powerful.

What is more sad is that a few members resorted to personal attacks in this thread.

In 3 weeks ? Doubt it since it took 3 weeks for the U.S to finish a barren flat land desert country like Iraq in 2003

The Americans also have a 100 percent debt to GDP ratio and can't even fight a war with the North Pole at this point, let alone Iran when a rise in oil prices is an absolute given.

What makes you think wars can't be fought with high debt to GDP ratios? The US fought WWII with a much higher ratio (110%) and we know the outcome there.

A fat lot of good air and sea power was against the Serbian army. And the Iranian army is much better armed than the Serbian army. Air power alone can never win a war. Only a ground invasion can do that. And a ground invasion against a very hostile population such as Iran's is not advisable.

Hi, I do not know about "bugging" but there are special export versions for Russian weapons. For example, the S300 PMU version, which has been exported to several countries.

Yes, naturally, it can be assumed that the export version would be somewhat inferior to the domestic version or contain specific vulnerabilities. Then again, Russian military export is absolutely surging at the moment being the 2nd biggest military exporter. In my opinion, even if there are special export versions, this surging sales of Russian military hardware proves the quality and reliability of Russian equipment, in respect to the feasibility studies conducted by the buyer nations.

Defence-Economy: Russian arms exports up by $2 bln in 2011: exporter

This is very understandable considering how historically weapons exported by the USSR and Russia have fallen into Western hands. You don't want to export your latest state of the art technology knowing that Western scientists might be able to get their hands on it in the future.

Space based sensors have evolved as well. It isn't like the old Gulf war days when saddam was firing scuds. Now the newest generation of infrared sensors can not only detect the launch but track the launcher in realtime once it's been detected.

ill be happy if iran destroys little isreal i hope the arabs also see the opportunity and invade it and free palestine

Looks like you won't 'be happy' any time soon. Sorry. 'Palestine' ? You mean that make believe, never existed country and nationality ?

In 3 weeks ? Doubt it since it took 3 weeks for the U.S to finish a barren flat land desert country like Iraq in 2003

No boots on the ground, chief. Just aerial punishment. Missiles and bombs. After about two weeks anything worth blowing up WILL be gone. Then all you have is a bunch of guys with AK's running around with nothing to shoot at.

It depends on the kind of defeat he is talking about?

US cannot conquer China in a ground invasion. But it can seriously damage Chinese Naval and Aerial Forces.

One week is way too optimistic. It will take atleast 6 weeks to cause massive destruction on Chinese Naval and Aerial Forces but USA will take heavy casualties on their own. Perhaps, 30% of their entire Navy could be damaged or destroyed in this conflcit while 90% of Chinese Navy will be destroyed.

That means it will be a draw, roughly even amount of warships destroyed on each side. l)

What makes you think wars can't be fought with high debt to GDP ratios? The US fought WWII with a much higher ratio (110%) and we know the outcome there.

You're not making sense.

Medicare, social security etc... are all running out of funds fast, perhaps in the coming decade. You have a 100 debt to GDP ratio. China is your only source of funds and China will never fund an Iran war for two main reasons: (1) they buy oil from Iran directly and a war would mean a shortage and that is deadly for China; and (2) any war will spike up oil prices around the world since Iran will target arab oil wells and refineries, as well as the Persian Gulf and maybe even downtown dubai and Abu Dhabi which have become investment hubs in the region. All this will dramatically spike up oil prices and hurt China more than even the United States. China, and even India, have everything to lose in such a war so I'm afraid you simply can't fund this war. In the past decade around 4 trillion of US debt has been caused by the two wars. At critical point, the US won't be able to make the same mistake again and it won't even get the chance to make the same mistake again because the funders will simply tell the country to **** off.

Like the Black Knights 'draw' in 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'.:rofl:

He is saying 30% of USA navy destroyed and 90% of China navy destroyed.

Which in whole numbers, is roughly even steven.

You're not making sense.

Medicare, social security etc... are all running out of funds fast, perhaps in the coming decade. You have a 100 debt to GDP ratio. China is your only source of funds and China will never fund an Iran war for two main reasons: (1) they buy oil from Iran directly and a war would mean a shortage and that is deadly for China; and (2) any war will spike up oil prices around the world since Iran will target arab oil wells and refineries, as well as the Persian Gulf and maybe even downtown dubai and Abu Dhabi which have become investment hubs in the region. All this will dramatically spike up oil prices and hurt China more than even the United States. China, and even India, have everything to lose in such a war so I'm afraid you simply can't fund this war. In the past decade around 4 trillion of US debt has been caused by the two wars. At critical point, the US won't be able to make the same mistake again and it won't even get the chance to make the same mistake again because the funders will simply tell the country to **** off.

Iran won't be able to choke off oil supplies for very long through the straights of Hormuz. and ther are plenty of other sources to pick up the slack in supply. China is already looking at alternative sources for oil in the event of war. Also China is not dumb when it comes to business economics and where they invest thier money. They are not going to endanger the trillions already invested world wide over a single country like Iran.

They will continue to play the political game and buy up all the resources they can from whomever they can including Iran. But when push comes to shove like a war. They will side with those that offer them resources and more profit.

Repeat after me " I pledge allegiance to the flag of united states of America" :D
never mind a zebra won't change it's stripes .

Question" what is the track record of your great armies against us ?" and you think mining the straits is a simple thing while we are there now ( we'll sit and watch you do this) Plus never mind the fact you wont have a navy to mine with in less than 72 hrs.

Then Mr. asymmetrical warrior, a country that could not win against Iraq in what 8 years? is suddenly with its 1970's puny boats going to challenge us in the straits?

also rip van winkle, china has already started reducing Iranian oil. the Saudi's are making it up with extra production for those nations who used to buy from Iran. where have you been?

Keep the US hate going while living off its opportunities you internet warrior you :D

One little wanna be Indian/American is what you are! In case of any conflict , who would you support? India or USA? No need to tell me that you know first few lines of 'Pledge of Allegiance'

Now coming to the point , how dumb/paranoid/brainwashed (pick one) one has to be to call my post as 'U.S hate' ?:lol: What is your age? I used to think that you were an adult? Perhaps another dumb highschooler? My point was : A war with Iran is not in U.S's interest. What exactly in my post you see as "hatred" ... Invasion of Iran will greatly destabilize Middle-East and Pakistan (which will effect India too) etc. Western populations (other than inferiority-complex stricken wanna be 'white' Indians like you) are NOT in favor of Iran-attack! Situation in the Middle-East is already volatile (Arab Spring , Syria , today Jordan saw massive protests and so on) ...Western economies are already in trouble. Invasion of Iran WILL cause negative speculation in oil market and hence oil will shoot. Even if Iran couldn't successfully block Strait of Hormuz , it will definitely 'try' and just the "news" of this will cause outbalance in oil markets. Invading Iran at this time is not in U.S's and its allies' favor.

Now go call me a 'U.S hater' , Jayati :lol:

BTW dumbo , no one is even talking about U.S military victory. U.S can overcome Iran. We know that. But what will be the political/economic repercussions of an all out invasion? This was the main premise of my post. You missed it.

:wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom