What's new

US 'may ease' export restrictions against Myanmar and Vietnam

That's because we could built the ship and the weapons ourselves back then.

Flash forward to 2014, a heavy warship would cost $1.5 billion usd. The price is high because shipbuilder wants to add profit margin and labour cost on top of the weapons and radar system. My guess is that the ship engine, radar and fire control system, sonar, anti-ship missile & anti-air system, naval guns, torpedoes, decoy launcher, other electronic stuff add up to no more than $500 million usd out of that $1.5 billion destroyer. If Viet Nam can build the hull of a destroyer and just import the weapon and radar, we can reduce the cost of a destroyer greatly.....I would say we can have a destroyer for just under $550 million usd per ship. Obtaining the modular block shipbuildiing from the Dutch is a first step. If you add more modular blocks to a corvette, it will tun into a destroyer overnight

Poor farmer's thought! You are making rice class destroyers...

LOL.

Some Chinese soldiers called it a “painful, little war.” Vietnamese troops avoided battle and instead harassed PLA forces. Some Chinese officers described it as a “ghost war,” since the enemy troops were almost invisible, or a “shadow war,” since it seemed they were fighting against their own shadows.

The Vietnamese troops employed the same tactics, made the same moves, and used the same weapons as the Chinese. They knew exactly what the Chinese were trying to do. They exploited almost every problem and weakness the Chinese had. The Chinese troops had to fight their own problems first before they could fight the Vietnamese.
You fight against your own shadow. LOL...little wonder we are too close.

What could these people import from the US? Hamburgers? Popcorn...

What could these people import from the US? Hamburgers? Popcorn...
No foods, but such as this toy: Boeing P-3 Orion to hunt PLA submarines

640px-FAB_-_P-3_Orion.jpg

No foods, but such as this toy: Boeing P-3 Orion to hunt PLA submarines

640px-FAB_-_P-3_Orion.jpg

You guys don't really know how much China has advanced in the last 10 years. Are you watching how humble and careful your government is dealing to China? Spermless...as I should say

You guys don't really know how much China has advanced in the last 10 years. Are you watching how humble and careful your government is dealing to China? Spermless...as I should say
you are just a clown. actually Vietnam is too friendly to China despite your repeated provocations. but PLS continue showing your arrogance and aggression...you will get what you sow.

he he, it disclosed that you are Cantonese, Nan Yue people. Cantonese were conquered by Hans. You are still entslaving by Hans from North China and so that as human being you don't have right to troll on us.
you assume anyone who understands cantonese is Chinese. 80% viets speak cantonese, therefore i conclude vietnam is part of China. Time for china to annex vietnam.

Poor farmer's thought! You are making rice class destroyers...
aegis like destroyer would add an additional layer of air defence, against low to high flying missiles, drones and aircrafts.

land based air defence such as SU-300 can only engage hostile targets when they come close, let say 100km. A destroyer with aegis capacity would detect and destroy enemy missiles and aircrafts far from shore and extend the range of air defence.

aegis-ddg11-1.jpg
Having a AAW fortress at sea is nice but that price is too high at $1.8 billion if you buy it directly from foreign shipbuilder. Like I said earlier that all the equipment for this kind of destroyer totaled no more than $500 millions out of the price of $1.8 billion. The only way that Vietnam will have a destroyer is we can build the ship ourselves and import all the equipment/armaments and install them ourselves. That way, a destroyer built in Vietnam will be no more than $600 million usd, a price reduction of over 65%

Having a AAW fortress at sea is nice but that price is too high at $1.8 billion if you buy it directly from foreign shipbuilder. Like I said earlier that all the equipment for this kind of destroyer totaled no more than $500 millions out of the price of $1.8 billion. The only way that Vietnam will have a destroyer is we can build the ship ourselves and import all the equipment/armaments and install them ourselves. That way, a destroyer built in Vietnam will be no more than $600 million usd, a price reduction of over 65%

1.8 billion is the price acquired by the US Navy, and it will cost you even higher.

i have made an assessment before for our Naval think-tank, about the cost to procure and operating an Airwarfare capable destroyer like Arleigh Burke class or Type 45 Destroyer.

I will explain it roughly for you. For procurement alone of Arleigh Burke class flight 2, we must paid about 1,8 billion US dollar per unit systems, in this case Indonesia never operate the same class, so we must build from scratch their offshore facilities, and simulation systems in our naval base, and it doesn't include for training and so-on. My data is based on US DoD procurement data on 2013 budget years.

But we found it will be less costly and politically accepted if we want to procure De Zeven Provincien class, but sorry i can't share our assessment for DZP class here :p: But as an advice, DZP Class is maybe what Vietnam needed for an Airwarfare capable Heavy Frigate or destroyer
i believe the yard that builds the De Zeven Provincien class is also the yard that builds the Sigma corvettes. It would be nice if we can get the license to build this 6000-ton frigate. :p: Unofficial news is that we have obtained the license to build the Sigma corvette. I'm hopeful that we can get the license to build the De Zeven Provincien class in the near future too:sleep:

you assume anyone who understands cantonese is Chinese. 80% viets speak cantonese, therefore i conclude vietnam is part of China. Time for china to annex vietnam.

You are totally wrong ... there's not 1%

You are totally wrong ... there's not 1%
LOL. Don't be in denial. I know viets in real life and work with a lot of them. Some speak both cantonese and mandarin, but most speak cantonese. The ones who don't speak can comprehend the basic Chinese.

LOL. Don't be in denial. I know viets in real life and work with a lot of them. Some speak both cantonese and mandarin, but most speak cantonese. The ones who don't speak can comprehend the basic Chinese.

I guess you work with Chinese minority in Vietnam?
I expect the nuclear and wind energy plants would be supplied soon in Vietnam

Back
Top Bottom