What's new

US & KSA Together we prevail: Riyadh Summit 2017

Will these 3 Summits bring a huge change to the Middle East in particular and the Islamic world in g

• Yes

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
I have only seen him trolling in regards to KSA, the Arab world and Arabs. I don't see any "friendliness" if I am to be honest with you. Maybe I am wrong.

Sure, I can be nice to him if he stops trolling/derailing topics. I am nowhere to be found on their section (although there is plenty of nonsense material to counter for Arabs in general much, much more than the other way around) or in threads that have to do with Iran unless it is directly related to KSA/Arab affairs.

I don't hate him or any other user on this forum.

Anyway point taken but have in mind that I am rarely serious whenever such discussions occur.
He is as we call it, a smooth operator..He won't make sense of anything an Arab says or posts or even report from the media.. So I prefer to talk to him nicely and keep it civilised, or not answer him if I suspect him of trolling..Like when he says that maker of the P-8, should have been named as Boing.. When I have posted about the P-8, it was just a deduction from what was announced as tactical aircrafts and maritime security, it could have been another aircraft all together but as the P-8 is the best I pointed out to it.. if he would have asked by whom it was made, I would have answered him, but he won't even bother asking and says in another post that it shouldn't have been announced! there is no sense in his post, one can easily conclude that he does not like the fact that KSA is getting the best maritime patrol plane out there! seeing through his emotions, I didn't answer his post..

As for the Pakistanis, there are some Shia'a who do not like Arabs at all and will thus side with Iran on any topic, happily, I have seen other Pakistanis taking care of their rhetoric..

Last edited:
he will scream "Wahhabi" and refuse it.:lol: Maybe some dhub will do instead, lol.

I think you are not hearing him correctly, pretty sure it is just the accent. I think he means he wants Wasabi my friend, he wants Wasabi on the side.

wasabi-chopsticks.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

They are Pakistanis believe me. Especially the old members. If someone just joined and then started trolling then maybe he can be false flagger. Their love for anti USA Iran goes beyond interests of Pakistan. But Pakistan top leadership isn't stupid, otherwise we would have been "isolated" pariah state like Iran long time ago.

I tell them to not get involved in Saudi-Iran wars on internet but they don't listen.

It's hard to find any pro-US populace in the Muslim world. By that I mean pro-US foreign policy. Most people in KSA have complains about US foreign policy in the region as well. Arabs are no strangers to anti-US sentiments. Again, this is mainly centered around US foreign policy and past actions in the region. However from having such views to not appreciating what the US as a nation and people can offer in terms of mutually beneficial cooperation in terms of education, science, trade, military, infrastructure, health care etc. there is a long way. I mean there are 3.5 million Arab-Americans, US culture is present almost everywhere in the daily lives of people (whether they want it or not) and almost 800.000 Saudi Arabians have studied in the US at one point since the late 1950's.

Anyway I am not to well-versed in internal Pakistani politics (although I try to follow some of the main events) but if PDF was representative for Pakistanis, Nawaz Sharif would have been lynched a long time ago.

He is as we call it, a smooth operator..He won't make sense of anything an Arab says or posts or even report from the media.. So I prefer to talk to him nicely and keep it civilised, or not answer him if I suspect him of trolling..

As for the Pakistanis, there are some Shia'a who do not like Arabs at all and will thus side with Iran on any topic, happily, I have seen other Pakistanis taking care of their rhetoric..

Yes, I have seen Pakistani Shias with Arab usernames/surnames (often involving Sayyid) hating on Arabs while they supposedly claim Arab ancestry. Talk about own goals. Quite surreal! I usually avoid interacting with them as nothing good will come out of it other than the usual "Arab regimes = all Arabs "logic"" etc. not realizing that all Muslim leaders are the same (more or less) and that we, the people, have not elected all of our leaders at least unlike them.

I think you are not hearing him correctly, pretty sure it is just the accent. I think he means he wants Wasabi my friend, he wants Wasabi on the side.

wasabi-chopsticks.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

It's green as well! Talk about a grand crypto-Jewish Zionist Wahhabi House of Saud conspiracy!

It's hard to find any pro-US populace in the Muslim world. By that I mean pro-US foreign policy. Most people in KSA have complains about US foreign policy in the region as well. Arabs are no strangers to anti-US sentiments. Again, this is mainly centered around US foreign policy and past actions in the region. However from having such views to not appreciating what the US as nation, country and people can offer in terms of mutually beneficial cooperation in terms of education, science, trade, military, infrastructure, health care etc. there is a long way. I mean there are 3.5 million Arab-Americans, US culture is present almost everywhere in the daily lives of people (whether they want it or not) and almost 800.000 Saudi Arabians have studied in the US at one point since the late 1950's.

Anyway I am not to well-versed in internal Pakistani politics (although I try to follow some of the main events) but if PDF was representative for Pakistanis, Nawaz Sharif would have been lynched a long time ago.

Basically they are anti-USA foreign policy, not anti USA as a country. This has to do with afghan war, afghan jihad etc They want Pakistan to become "independent" from foreign influence be it SA or USA like Iran. But they forget couple of things. Iran have 2nd most oil reserves and despite that they had to come on table and abandon nuclear program because they couldn't go on with crippling sanctions anymore. Pakistan from very early on decided to make bomb no matter what and stick to it despite being much poorer country.

Hazrat Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif was offered $10 billion economic package back in 1998 and threats of more sanctions by Clinton to not test nukes but he refused to back down. When it comes to national interests unlike others Pakistan never backed down even in front of USA.

Oh! let him try that once in his lifetime..:taz:

I like wasabi but I have only tasted it accompanied with sushi (not too familiar with Japanese cuisine so I don't know if it is used in other contexts) which I am not a TOO big fan of although it depends on the quality of it. I love my fish but not always raw!

Anyway sushi restaurants have been present in KSA and the GCC for a very long time and they tend to be quite popular.

Can you imagine the clod-hopping thumping they'd do if they were completely cut off?

I sure can but I would fear for our brothers and sisters in Palestine more than is the case already!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier @EgyptianAmerican, was making a, um, thread, um, somewhere...

If you wanted to hate on Egypt for beating you to the title of First civilization and best ancient civilization in the world then I would still have no problem with you

Funnily enough, I've never had to hate anyone for that :enjoy: Though, I guess I could *hate* how you guys made the tallest ancient buildings...

Persians and their stupid amazing food! You guys suck!:enjoy:

Guilty as charged :-)

Well trump certainly didn't mince his words when it came to Islam or Muslims but look at what thread we are in now...

All it takes is an olive branch, a chance to swallow pride and be genuine and tolerant to others. We are all Muslims and Middle Easterners and Humans. I don't see why we can't be friends even if you insulted each other countries. If you wanted to hate on Egypt for beating you to the title of First civilization and best ancient civilization in the world then I would still have no problem with you:partay:. If I decide to hate on Iran for having way better food then Egypt, would you have a problem?

Persians and their stupid amazing food! You guys suck!:enjoy::butcher:
Iranian food does not really taste good, actually the opposite, at least to me :D

Last edited:
It's hard to find any pro-US populace in the Muslim world. By that I mean pro-US foreign policy. Most people in KSA have complains about US foreign policy in the region as well. Arabs are no strangers to anti-US sentiments. Again, this is mainly centered around US foreign policy and past actions in the region. However from having such views to not appreciating what the US as a nation and people can offer in terms of mutually beneficial cooperation in terms of education, science, trade, military, infrastructure, health care etc. there is a long way. I mean there are 3.5 million Arab-Americans, US culture is present almost everywhere in the daily lives of people (whether they want it or not) and almost 800.000 Saudi Arabians have studied in the US at one point since the late 1950's.

Yes, I have seen Pakistani Shias with Arab usernames/surnames (often involving Sayyid) hating on Arabs while they supposedly claim Arab ancestry. Talk about own goals. Quite surreal! I usually avoid interacting with them as nothing good will come out of it other than the usual "Arab regimes = all Arabs "logic"" etc. not realizing that all Muslim leaders are the same (more or less) and that we, the people, have not elected all of our leaders at least unlike them.

It's green as well! Talk about a grand crypto-Jewish Zionist Wahhabi House of Saud conspiracy!
I think that an important aim of this summit is to better the image of the US in the Arab and Muslim eyes, it won't be easy to achieve due to what previous US governments did throughout the Arab and Muslim world, but perhaps this administration really wants a change in that direction and KSA is helping shape that new Muslim and Arab perception of the US as an ally instead of a foe as the last decades were not in favour of Muslims liking the US, be it through its stances with Usreal, or the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, or the attempt to destabilize the whole Muslim world and in particular, the Arab world..Something I see as a blessing anyhow, since that policy shook the entire Arab world, and only the stable regimes had survived it, others were changed for better ones, So then again we owe it to them whether it was intentional or not.. otherwise we wouldn't have seen the positive changes that are going on in most of the Arab and Muslim world..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Met in Riyadh on the sidelines of the Gulf summit ..
Trump to King of Bahrain: Our relations will no longer be tense

I see the F-16 V coming soon to Bahrain

Last edited:
Basically they are anti-USA foreign policy, not anti USA as a country. This has to do with afghan war, afghan jihad etc They want Pakistan to become "independent" from foreign influence be it SA or USA like Iran. But they forget couple of things. Iran have 2nd most oil reserves and despite that they had to come on table and abandon nuclear program because they couldn't go on with crippling sanctions anymore. Pakistan from very early on decided to make bomb no matter what and stick to it despite being much poorer country.

Hazrat Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif was offered $10 billion economic package back in 1998 and threats of more sanctions by Clinton to not test nukes but he refused to back down. When it comes to national interests unlike others Pakistan never backed down even in front of USA.

It's difficult to compare countries that have vastly different geopolitical challenges, recent histories, populations, geographical locations, militaries etc.

Pakistan has a population of 200 million and has been in perpetual conflict with its larger neighbor India (long-time USSR/Russian ally) so the US/West were probably more inclined to accept/look the other way/not go all out when Pakistan turned nuclear after India had turned nuclear previously. Especially as Pakistan always was, more or less, pro-US/West during the Cold War.

It was different with countries such as Libya (Gaddafi), Iraq (Saddam) or Iran (Mullah's).

Don't forget Israel in the equation here. If Pakistan was a neighbor of Israel I really doubt that the West (read US) would have allowed you to become a nuclear armed state. The US would have done everything in their power to protect Israel in such a case if Pakistan had acted similar to Gaddafi's Libya, Saddam's Iraq or Mullah's Iran.

Anyway there are no countries that are completely independent. Not even the US or China. They are dependent on the international community as well. Sure they are able to define their foreign policy more than the likes of say Armenia for instance but they are dependent on and tied to the international community as well.

Also I don't buy this notion of countries (not talking about any specific countries) not being independent just because they are allies or have close ties with country x or y. Using such a logic one could easily conclude that all Western countries are subservient of the US. On some fronts (mainly security) that might be the case but all fronts? Not even close.

Can you imagine the clod-hopping thumping temper tantrum they'd do if they were completely cut off?

200.gif

:lol:

I think that an important aim of this summit is to better the image of the US in the Arab and Muslim eyes, it won't be easy to achieve due to what previous US governments did throughout the Arab and Muslim world, but perhaps this administration really wants a change in that direction and KSA is helping shape that new Muslim and Arab perception of the US as an ally instead of a foe as the last decades were not in favour of Muslims liking the US, be it through its stances with Usreal, or the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, or the attempt to destabilize the whole Muslim world and in particular, the Arab world..Something I see as a blessing anyhow, since that policy shook the entire Arab world, and only the stable regimes had survived it, others were changed for better ones, So then again we owe it to them whether it was intentional or not.. otherwise we wouldn't have seen the positive changes that are going on in most of the Arab and Muslim world..

Well put bro.

I sure can but I would fear for our brothers and sisters in Palestine more than is the case already!

And Trump has praised the Nazi wall to recruit support for his border wall to keep the Mexicans out, so now that he's gotten a lesson on how important Jerusalem stays out of the "picture" and that the Palestinian/Israeli peace is not an easy one as he boldly claimed, we'll have to keep a close eye at how and what he says about that Nazi wall in the next day or two. Sharp learning curve for his boldness.

It's difficult to compare countries that have vastly different geopolitical challenges, recent histories, populations, geographical locations, militaries etc.

Pakistan has a population of 200 million and has been in perpetual conflict with its larger neighbor India (long-time USSR/Russian ally) so the US/West were probably more inclined to accept/look the other way/not go all out when Pakistan turned nuclear after India had turned nuclear previously. Especially as Pakistan always was, more or less, pro-US/West during the Cold War.

Anyway there are no countries that are completely independent. Not even the US or China. They are dependent on the international community as well. Sure they are able to define their foreign policy more than the likes of say Armenia for instance but they are dependent on and tied to the international community as well.

Also I don't buy this notion of countries (not talking about any specific countries) not being independent just because they are allies or have close ties with country x or y. Using such a logic one could easily conclude that all Western countries are subservient of the US. On some fronts (mainly security) that might be the case but all fronts? Not even close.

Pakistan top leadership isn't stupid, they are mostly western/English influenced like all of Pakistani elite so choosing west over Soviets was natural. They made clear from early on nukes were for deterrence and defence. They don't go around threatening countries to be wiped off map despite not even having capability like Iranian mullahs.

King Salman to the Iranian regime: do not think that our silence is weakness and our wisdom is a retreat..

MbS hasn't been too silent recently though has he o_o

He is as we call it, a smooth operator

I both like that and not like that at the same time... :D

He is as we call it, a smooth operator..He won't make sense of anything an Arab says or posts or even report from the media.. So I prefer to talk to him nicely and keep it civilised, or not answer him if I suspect him of trolling..Like when he says that maker of the P-8, should have been named as Boing.. When I have posted about the P-8, it was just a deduction from what was announced as tactical aircrafts and maritime security, it could have been another aircraft all together but as the P-8 is the best I pointed out to it.. if he would have asked by whom it was made, I would have answered him, but he won't even bother asking and says in another post that it shouldn't have been announced! there is no sense in his post, one can easily conclude that he does not like the fact that KSA is getting the best maritime patrol plane out there! seeing through his emotions, I didn't answer his post..

I'm being honest here @The SC , I am not interested in whatever goes on in the Arab, American, East Asian or African world unless it affects Iran. That's why I stay out of those forums unless I have a question to ask or answer, or if somebody has a bone to pick. I also tend to prefer military-technical discussions over geopolitical because the latter always ends up with some sort of insults, which is what happened in this thread, which then led to trolling.

Regardless, I respect you as a polite and helpful member and value your contributions.

PS: Our side gets that a lot with Pakistanis too... probably more.

Brothers you need to check that thread out on the Mullah section where a monologue is expected as usual. Hilarious stuff.

My response to warfareknow is... an inside joke.

Anyway that gave me an idea. Like on several Arab military forums we should create a similar thread showing the strength and current and expected (near future) arsenal of KSA, the GCC (all the molarities of the GCC act together and if 1 GCC state is attacked all others are obligated to help the attacked party so KSA would never go to war alone) and the entire Arab world. That would be useful for many users here I believe. Mostly non-Arabs.
An oft repeated thread, I've seen it at least twice.

Back
Top Bottom