What's new

US investors keen to set up 6,000MW gas plant

Pakistan has the world's 5th biggest coal reserves

From where you got this 5th biggest reserve? Any credible source? Because Pakistan is not listed even in top 15 countries and on top of that reserves in Sindh are of low grade.

Not an expert on coal, but my limited exposure to industry tells me that Thar coal is not what our media and illiterate politicians make it out to be. I mean if Thar coal was really that valuable, our private sector would have forced through the red tape and politics to exploit it. Just my gut feeling, I do not have any resource to back it up.

Still better that Zardari's bum gas to generate power which all of you jialas inhale day in day out.

Thar coal is big deal, China is investing billions of dollars.

''Both companies will initially generate 1,400MW and 660MW from coal-fired power plants respectively. This will cost $3.5 billion for Sino-Sindh and approximately $2 billion for SECMC. However, in the future, Sino-Sindh will enhance the electricity generation up to 6,000MW and SECMC will upgrade to 4,000MW.''

Crisis control: Chinese experts place faith in coal for power woes - The Express Tribune

Chinese delegation assures to invest $3.5bn in Thar coal project

So plan is to produce 10.000MW from Thar by early next decade.

40 billion for Metro they can arrange but somthing that our nation's need cant be arrange..
i can bet if they have will they can arrange funding or ask Pakistanies to help government. I have no doubt Pakistani people will give them more than they ask..
Investor want return from his money. If we do not pay bills, no one will invest for us

Hell lot better than those corrupted floating power plants requested from turkey

Not better but corruption in a different form, of different type.

The most stupid thing is to import energy. Energy should be produced at home. Its a security imperative. If we have coal, we are not going to suffocate the earth by only producing 10,000 MW from it!

ISLAMABAD: A high-level business delegation representing American Ethane Company and General Electric Pakistan visited Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

The delegation was led by Ambassador Javed Malik, Special Envoy to Prime Minister of Pakistan and showed interest to set up 6000MW gas power plant in Pakistan to help it in overcoming the energy crisis.

Michael Yuriev, Chairman American Ethane LLc, Michael Hood, Advisor to Chairman, Alexi Domikhin, Vice President, Alun Richards, President, Trinity White City Ventures (Associates of American Ethane) and Sarim Sheikh, CCO, General Electric Pakistan were included in the delegation.

Speaking on the occasion, Malik said the government was giving high priority to enhancing power production by exploiting all available options and prime minister was personally monitoring all such activities. He said good policies of present government were yielding good results as many international investors were visiting Pakistan to explore investment opportunities. He said the purpose of bringing US business delegation to ICCI was to provide them an opportunity of direct interaction with Pakistani counterparts and explore possibilities of business matchmakings.

The delegation members said that Ethane was a smart, cost-effective and environment friendly fuel as it burnt with up to 80 percent fewer emissions as compared to oil & coal and was suitable especially for areas not served by natural gas lines. They said M/s. American Ethane in collaboration with General Electric Pakistan was considering to set up 6000MW power plant in Pakistan to help it in reducing energy deficit. American Ethane is a US-based energy company with Headquarters in Houston and was developing the world’s premier ethane export terminal located on the Gulf Coast with annual capacity of 8 million metric tonnes.

In his welcome address, Muzzamil Hussain Sabri, president, Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry briefed the delegation about the investment opportunities available in energy and other sectors of Pakistan’s economy. He said the presence of many high-profile international oil and gas companies in Pakistan showed resilience of this sector. He said oil and gas sector of Pakistan was still unexplored and invited the US investors to invest in Pakistan’s energy sector to earn high returns.

He said government was committed to provide friendly regime to investors, specifically in power sector and it was the right time for US investors to consider Pakistan a promising investment destination.

Shakeel Munir, senior vice president, Ashfaq Hussain Chatha, vice president ICCI, Tariq Sadiq qnd Zahid Maqbool, former presidents ICCI, Malik Sohail Hussain, chief coordinator FPCCI and others were also present.

US investors keen to set up 6,000MW gas plant
Why not COAL PLANT IN BALOCHISTAN.

Not better but corruption in a different form, of different type.

The most stupid thing is to import energy. Energy should be produced at home. Its a security imperative. If we have coal, we are not going to suffocate the earth by only producing 10,000 MW from it!
True, couldn't agree more

Another lollypop..........:coffee:

Then they will say, Why do you need China-Pakistan Civil Nuclear energy agreement?

So as i said.....Lollypop.

Ab america hamain dictate kar raha hai kay ethane fuel use karo and in typical manner kay nai nai ethane fuel is too good etc etc now we will follow usa's voodoo chants like a spell cast on us and follow her. We gotta brain for ourselves. Yeh america har aik ki bari tayi keu bananay ki koshish karta hai.

Oh just no. Just cut the nonsense.

We all should understand that whenever Pakistan's economic contracts do not lie in US's favourite line then US starts to offer decades oriented Golden dreams to catch a Pussy Cat drinking milk with empty bowl.

We all should understand that whenever Pakistan's economic contracts do not lie in US's favourite line then US starts to offer decades oriented Golden dreams to catch a Pussy Cat drinking milk with empty bowl.
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!
WE SHOULDDDD RUN AWAYYYYYYY FROMMMMMM USA AT MAXIMUM POSSSIBLEEEEEEEEE SPEEDDDDDD.

Now introducing us to ethane taayi amreeka ji ,then when costs will come up we will get all messed up.

America hamain hamesha aisay phansata hai, the whole last decade is a testament to american backstabbing,playing dual games.

Omg!!! Lolz it reminds me of ali zafars stupid dialogue from silly flick tere bin laden.

Aaj may amreeka kay peechay bhag ra hoon kal poora amreeka meray peechay bhagay ga.

US equipment is alot reliable and maintenance friendly then Chinese equipment... I believe that we should hav diversity in our sources of energy generation and depending on Chinese only is not in our national interest, despite all the good will that we share with Chinese.

This is what I am listening since 10 years US is setting up 6000MW plant, China is giving 8000MW electricity, Iran will export 4500MW blah blah...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom