What's new

US Frigates Approved For Transfer – not to Pakistan

These ships in number were a very good option with eventual upgrade. However the interesting thing now is the options that PN avails. The surface fleet is really depleted and needs to be replenished quickly. The US option was one of the ways I wonder what other ways we will go. Perhaps we may finally build more F22 Ps and lease an 054 from china. There might be some UK ships but how willing would we be to go begging for and how would they respond is something I do not know.
Araz

These ships in number were a very good option with eventual upgrade. However the interesting thing now is the options that PN avails. The surface fleet is really depleted and needs to be replenished quickly. The US option was one of the ways I wonder what other ways we will go. Perhaps we may finally build more F22 Ps and lease an 054 from china. There might be some UK ships but how willing would we be to go begging for and how would they respond is something I do not know.
Araz
Brits have 13 Type-23 Frigates with 32 cell VLS for short range SAMs plus other weapons and are very young. Would be better if we could get any compared to stripped OHPs. They've already given 3 to Chile.

Brits have 13 Type-23 Frigates with 32 cell VLS for short range SAMs plus other weapons and are very young. Would be better if we could get any compared to stripped OHPs. They've already given 3 to Chile.

there were talks of Britains' type 42 destroyer what s about that ?

US will not sell any military hardware to Pakistan, Pakistan will have to negotiate with China & Russia for all their defence needs. Pakistan should completely say good bye to US.

@AZADPAKISTAN2009
The article says that the OHP frigates are not being given to Pakistan navy. This ends speculation on the transfer of the frigates.
I had put that as title but mods changed it to the title of the article which focused on Taiwan, but it has the information on Pakistan navy.

i don't know why Pakistan gov stuck with USA even we all do know USA always betray us.. few years back one female journalist to Foreign minister "America ek aise saas hai ja kabhi apni bahu se khush ni ho sakti" and its damn true

the ships delivered to PN will be stripped .. and i dont think we have Mk-1 VLS in our OHP frigate ... what armament this ship have ? besides harpoon ? this ship doesn't have a proper SAM system .

Baseless comment. You have to be kidding me. GENESIS Advent is Lockheed Martin's officially recognized upgrade package for OHP. The question is can Pakistan afford it?

Specifications of all eight Gabya-class guided missile frigates of TNF (GENESIS Advent):

1 × Mk 15 Phalanx CIWS
1 × Oto Melara 76mm DP gun
8 × RGM-84 Block II Harpoon
32 × RIM-66B SM-1MR Block V
32 × RIM-162 ESSM launched from Mk-41 VLS (4 ESSM missiles per MK-41 cell through the use of MK25 Quadpack canisters, total of 8 cells)
2 x Mk-32 triple-tube (324 mm) launchers for Mark 46 torpedoes

• Capacity of tracking more than 1,000 tactical targets
  • Modern digital sensor data fusion
  • Automatic threat evaluation
  • Weapon engagement opportunities
  • Link-16/22 system integration
  • The addition of an 8-cell Mk-41 VLS for Evolved Sea Sparrow, including the upgrade of the Mk-92 fire control system by Lockheed Martin
  • The retrofitting of a new advanced SMART-S Mk II 3D air search radar to replace AN/SPS-49
  • The addition of a new long range sonar.
65017.jpg

TuFFGPerryMOD1B.PNG

Last edited:
Baseless comment. You have to be kidding me. GENESIS Advent is Lockheed Martin's officially recognized upgrade package for OHP. The question is can Pakistan afford it?

Specifications of all eight Gabya-class guided missile frigates of TNF (GENESIS Advent):

1 × Mk 15 Phalanx CIWS
1 × Oto Melara 76mm DP gun
8 × RGM-84 Block II Harpoon
32 × RIM-66B SM-1MR Block V
32 × RIM-162 ESSM launched from Mk-41 VLS (4 ESSM missiles per MK-41 cell through the use of MK25 Quadpack canisters, total of 8 cells)
2 x Mk-32 triple-tube (324 mm) launchers for Mark 46 torpedoes

• Capacity of tracking more than 1,000 tactical targets
  • Modern digital sensor data fusion
  • Automatic threat evaluation
  • Weapon engagement opportunities
  • Link-16/22 system integration
  • The addition of an 8-cell Mk-41 VLS for Evolved Sea Sparrow, including the upgrade of the Mk-92 fire control system by Lockheed Martin
  • The retrofitting of a new advanced SMART-S Mk II 3D air search radar to replace AN/SPS-49
  • The addition of a new long range sonar.
65017.jpg

TuFFGPerryMOD1B.PNG

if we cant afford it that what does this ship use for us ?? and you still didnt answer me that does OHP that PN has mk-1 VLS ?
i am not talking about what Turkish OHP has , i am talking about what PN OHP has ?! nothing ..

if we cant afford it that what does this ship use for us ?? and you still didnt answer me that does OHP that PN has mk-1 VLS ?
i am not talking about what Turkish OHP has , i am talking about what PN OHP has ?! nothing ..

No. Base production OHP don't have VLS. They have Mk 25 launchers instead with storing SM-1. But the Perries we have received were the same at the beginning. If US approves, we'll install it on PN Perries in case PN goes for Genesis.

They will be upgraded with the Turkish GENESIS program.
Check it out and tell me they are ''Nanggi ships''.

But they aren't. That's an option if someone wants to further invest in those ships. The vanilla model is useless.

Back
Top Bottom