What's new

US envoy seeks safe passage for Musharraf, Nawaz opposes

A friend of mine in London told me he once saw Nawaz Sharif in Oxford street and nobody gave a toss who he was and quite rightly so.

Only in Pakistan is he a "somebody"

What I'd like to know is that the Saudis were quick to assist Nawaz so why are they not doing the same for Musharraf?

the saudis are corrupt - NS is corrupt - NS supports the religious doctrine of the saudis.

musharraf is known as a "Liberal Autocrat".

Will we have polished & loyal leadership for our country?

not from this lot and not atleast in my lifetime (i am 50+). i dont know about you.

LAHORE: While rumours abound that no country is ready to accept former president of Pakistan Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf, an Indian Sikh, Baldev Haeussler Singh, has offered Musharraf 350 acres of cultivated lands, well-bred horses, a bungalow and a luxury vehicle.

Singh, from village Lohara Kotli in district Ferozepur, India, told Daily Times over the telephone that he is a social activist. When asked about the reasons for his offer, Singh said, “Musharraf is a brave man and has his origins in India.” Singh explained that although the Pakistani politicians did not hold Musharraf in high esteem, he is popular in India and that all Indians love him because of his straightforward foreign policy. He said that he liked Musharraf for eradicating sectarianism in Pakistan, helping develop its economy and portraying a positive image of the country across the world. abdul manan

It'd be rather full circle if Musharraf did return to India though with the risk of questions from the Indian security establishment I can't see it happening.

It'd be rather full circle if Musharraf did return to India though with the risk of questions from the Indian security establishment I can't see it happening.

JK, its unthinkable my friend.

Back
Top Bottom