What's new

US drone strike kills key commander in Pakistan

INDIAN SOLDIER

Reaction score
US drone strike kills key commander in Pakistan

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, PAKISTAN: Suspected US unmanned aircraft fired six missiles at a vehicle in Pakistan's rugged tribal region Thursday, killing five militants, including a close ally to one of the area's top commanders, Pakistani intelligence officials said.

The attack in the South Waziristan tribal area killed Khan Mohammed, also known as Sathai, deputy leader of a group of militants led by Maulvi Nazir and also the commander's cousin, said the officials.

The strike also killed Nazir's younger brother, Hazrat Omar, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

Nazir is one of the most powerful militant commanders in the tribal region and is accused of working with the Taliban and al-Qaida to stage attacks against foreign troops in neighboring Afghanistan.

He is believed to have close relations with Pakistani intelligence and agreed to stay neutral when the military invaded South Waziristan in 2009 to fight the Pakistani Taliban, who have focused their attacks against the Pakistani state.

The U.S. has criticized Pakistan for failing to crack down on militants staging attacks in Afghanistan and has stepped up drone attacks in the tribal region to combat them.

The militants killed in Thursday's drone strike were riding in a double-cabin pickup truck from Tora Gola village to the nearby area of Azam Warsak when they were hit, said the intelligence officials. Three other people were injured in the attack, they said.

The U. refuses to acknowledge the :tup:

Pakistani officials regularly criticize the attacks in public as violations of the country's sovereignty, but the government has actually supported them in private and allowed the drones to take off from bases within Pakistan.

That cooperation has become strained this year as the relationship between the U.S. and Pakistan has deteriorated, especially following the arrest of a CIA contractor in January and the covert American raid that killed al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden in a Pakistani garrison town in May.

Before Thursday's strike, a Pakistani army convoy was hit by a roadside bomb in the Shakai area of South Waziristan. The explosion killed two soldiers and wounded three others, said intelligence officials.

South Waziristan was the main sanctuary for the Pakistani Taliban before the military invaded in 2009. Many of the militants fled the area, but attacks still occur periodically.

Also Thursday, a bomb exploded in the main food market in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar, wounding at least 11 people. Police officer Shafqat Malik said three of the victims were in serious condition.

The bomb contained about 6.5 pounds (3 kilograms) of explosives and was planted in a cooking oil canister. Local TV footage showed damaged shops with pieces of metal and wood littering the ground.

Peshawar is the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and has been frequently targeted by the Pakistani Taliban.

Would be intresting to see Kayani's reaction now!!! It looks like US has surpassed 10 times of thinking :P

tommorow another will hold this key and laughing on USA .lolz

USA have to go back as soon as they go thay save money and lives .if they stay on other's land then others have every right to make there biryani and eat .:P

tommorow another will hold this key and laughing on USA .lolz

Might be but for sure that he/she must be a Pro-pakistan.

USA have to go back as soon as they go thay save money and lives .if they stay on other's land then others have every right to make there biryani and eat .:P

If they would have been so concerned regarding money and lives,,,, they would have never been here!!!!! Aren't they are having your Biryani(your nation's sovereignty)??? lolz....

Might be but for sure that he/she must be a Pro-pakistan.

yep sure otherwise he has no damn key lolz

If they would have been so concerned regarding money and lives,,,, they would have never been here!!!!! Aren't they are having your Biryani(your nation's sovereignty)??? lolz....

just wait few days they will break your wishes .forget bankruptcy of USA? why its happen? simply waste of money and lives

just wait few days they will break your wishes .forget bankruptcy of USA? why its happen? simply waste of money and lives

Imran, Don't want wanna let you down,,,,, but according to me,,, better concerned with your own problem rather than ........ ;)

Hoping, you have got it!!!

Wonder what Kayani was thinking when he gave US such a small number of times to think about. :P

Drones will never let terrorists sleep properly...........

Drones = terrorist for terrorist

Imran, Don't want wanna let you down,,,,, but according to me,,, better concerned with your own problem rather than ........ ;)

Hoping, you have got it!!!

i wonder you guys support occupation of a Asian country be west just because its in your interest .am i wrong dear? kranti kari was freedom fighters but when same done by afghans they become terrorists? usa has no right to occupy a country and stay there forces .thats simple i know .

Wonder what Kayani was thinking when he gave US such a small number of times to think about. :P

if you know kiyani you should know he is alone a think tank he has 50 plans in mind always because he talk less and work more. BTW i notice indians use always names of pakistani generals leaders or gov heads .since 1947 what a cheap man.

i wonder you guys support occupation of a Asian country be west just because its in your interest .am i wrong dear? kranti kari was freedom fighters but when same done by afghans they become terrorists? usa has no right to occupy a country and stay there forces .thats simple i know .

problem is that pakistan links a-stan for kashmir which is indian part.

if you know kiyani you should know he is alone a think tank he has 50 plans in mind always because he talk less and work more. BTW i notice indians use always names of pakistani generals leaders or gov heads .since 1947 what a cheap man.

Imran bhai.. naam hi lete hain na.. We atleast do not disfigure the name and make fun of the name like your country men.. :)

Drones will never let terrorists sleep properly...........

Drones = terrorist for terrorist

lets see end of film man .end will be windrow of someone and if they think they can finish it they are very wrong the numbers of taliban in 2001 was less then number of today in 2014 they leave afghanistan still number will be all time high .one replace another .the best time for finish this mess was 2001 on table rather then bomb a country .tell me dear what US gain from this war? killing of 75 years old man ?lolz

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

USA will kill him also and laugh back. :wave:

then next day one more dear remember 150 years of British and 11 years of soviet ? just remember the job can not be done in 150 years .lolz

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Imran bhai.. naam hi lete hain na.. We atleast do not disfigure the name and make fun of the name like your country men.. :)

yep i see man it was mushy before and nawaz sharif benazeer zia bhutto you guys don't see any thing good in them just because they are pakistani ?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

problem is that pakistan links a-stan for kashmir which is indian part.

lolz thats not indian only in maps yeah i agree but in real they are pakistani as hyderabadis are indian .

Back
Top Bottom