What's new

US Donates Patrol Boats to Pakistan’s Maritime Security Agency

Don't talk about stuff you don't anything about. I know about the RE bubble in China but unlike the US, Chinese external accounts are in good shape and China is already calling the credit and so are the arabs.

Mister,

Your posts are getting very silly and unproductive---.

Secondly---the fulfillments of all the orders that pak millitary placed over the years has just gotten into overdrive---we have the howitzers---the blk 52 is getting ready for delivery---the amraam package is coming as well---the mlu of f 16 is enforce---the oliver hazard perry is happening as well---whatever pak has asked---it has recieved---I repeat Collin Powell's statement---we give pakistan whatever it wants---but it keeps changing what it needs in mid-stream---for that we have to get approval from the congress and start all over again---.

At this stage of our dealings with the U S---for someone to come to the board and start bashing the U S of A just like that is not normal---out relationship---whatever it might be---has just started to bear fruit---now why would a pakistani want to stir up some sh-it in it---what is his agenda.

Pak navy / coast guards are in desperate need of gun boats---every single bit helps---and five of them are a big help----how is it possible that pak coast guard or navy cannot use these coastal vessels---it is not as if we have a surplus of equipment---.

I would say to the U S and my american friends---if you have to give---god bless you and thankyou very much---keep us in mind when you have some more to spare---.

Some silly pakistanis don't understand that sometimes there is a masterpiece sent out with the other guys trash.

I would say this to my american colleagues---please don't listen to the nay-sayers---if you have not heard this before---here is a pakistani saying---maybe it is lost in translation---.

A fox was running right next to a camel---the camel asked why have you been running beside me---the fox replied I am hungry----the camel said sooo---the fox replied---you see your lower lip is hanging down---I am just waiting for it to fall down---when it does---then I will eat it. Well---guess what---the camel's lip ain't falling down---the fox won't get fed---american economy won't be doomed---and the hate mongers would still be waiting---ok---next case.

Last edited:
Mister,

Your posts are getting very silly and unproductive---.

Secondly---the fulfillments of all the orders that pak millitary placed over the years has just gotten into overdrive---we have the howitzers---the blk 52 is getting ready for delivery---the amraam package is coming as well---the mlu of f 16 is enforce---the oliver hazard perry is happening as well---whatever pak has asked---it has recieved---I repeat Collin Powell's statement---we give pakistan whatever it wants---but it keeps changing what it needs in mid-stream---for that we have to get approval from the congress and start all over again---.

At this stage of our dealings with the U S---for someone to come to the board and start bashing the U S of A just like that is not normal---out relationship---whatever it might be---has just started to bear fruit---now why would a pakistani want to stir up some sh-it in it---what is his agenda.

Pak navy / coast guards are in desperate need of gun boats---every single bit helps---and five of them are a big help----how is it possible that pak coast guard or navy cannot use these coastal vessels---it is not as if we have a surplus of equipment---.

I would say to the U S and my american friends---if you have to give---god bless you and thankyou very much---keep us in mind when you have some more to spare---.

Some silly pakistanis don't understand that sometimes there is a masterpiece sent out with the other guys trash.

I would say this to my american colleagues---please don't listen to the nay-sayers---if you have not heard this before---here is a pakistani saying---maybe it is lost in translation---.

A fox was running right next to a camel---the camel asked why have you been running beside me---the fox replied I am hungry----the camel said sooo---the fox replied---you see your lower lip is hanging down---I am just waiting for it to fall down---when it does---then I will eat it. Well---guess what---the camel's lip ain't falling down---the fox won't get fed---american economy won't be doomed---and the hate mongers would still be waiting---ok---next case.

Very well said i agree & support Mastan Khan totally thx for clearing things up for those who have a negative thought ...:coffee:

Hi,

Our navy and coast guards are in desperate need of patrol boats---I would say that even if we get another 10 to 15 boats---we will find a use for them---it takes time for major weapons systems to materialize---it just doesnot happen that you tap your feet and the stuff materializes out of thin air---you have to be pro-active and ready to pounce on the available oppurtunity.

Pakistanis have a bad habbit of blaming everyone for their misfortunes---we had frigates available to us---the ones that the british were retiring---out of our arrogance, we put out a ridiculously low bid with a lackadaisical manner---someone out of south america came in made a better offer and pounced on the equipment.

We sat there holding our hands---waiting for all young pakistanis to lay abuse on the foreigners---blame them for our screw ups.

People only know how to talk sharp and blow everything out of proportion---you people need to grow up and learn that for every major defence equipment that you need to purchase today---your research and analysis deparatment which has eyes into the future, tells you ten years ahead of time what your need going to be---where are you going to get what----which country has the things that you want and when the equipment will be coming up into the market and how many other nations are interested in what we want.

Heavy ticket items like the frigates take about two to three years to build---it takes about two to three years before that to analyze what you need---then it takes you another two to three years to have a crew to operate it to its potential. A total of six to ten years project.

Young pakistanis should get their thinking caps on---look, listen and understand---how things are done in the defence industry.

Last edited:
Hi,

Our navy and coast guards are in desperate need of patrol boats---I would say that even if we get another 10 to 15 boats---we will find a use for them---it takes time for major weapons systems to materialize---it just doesnot happen that you tap your feet and the stuff materializes out of thin air---you have to be pro-active and ready to pounce on the available oppurtunity.

Pakistanis have a bad habbit of blaming everyone for their misfortunes---we had frigates available to us---the ones that the british were retiring---out of our arrogance, we put out a ridiculously low bid with a lackadaisical manner---someone out of south america came in made a better offer and pounced on the equipment.

We sat there holding our hands---waiting for all young pakistanis to lay abuse on the foreigners---blame them for our screw ups.

People only know how to talk sharp and blow everything out of proportion---you people need to grow up and learn that for every major defence equipment that you need to purchase today---your research and analysis deparatment which has eyes into the future, tells you ten years ahead of time what your need going to be---where are you going to get what----which country has the things that you want and when the equipment will be coming up into the market and how many other nations are interested in what we want.

Heavy ticket items like the frigates take about two to three years to build---it takes about two to three years before that to analyze what you need---then it takes you another two to three years to have a crew to operate it to its potential. A total of six to ten years project.

Young pakistanis should get their thinking caps on---look, listen and understand---how things are done in the defence industry.

but sir this do not mean that as the frigate projects are costing us good six to ten years so better be contend with patrol boats...
i mean, good they are comming for free,, we need thm to patrol our shores but the need for bigger and heavier vessels stays there. missing the opportuinity to grasp on equipment that was already retired by UK and was obselete was not such a bad thing to happen.. may be such thing have moved PN forward to new and modren ships like F22pss

i am really sorry if you fing this post aggresive towards you,, i assure i didnt meant to sound harsh Sir!

thnks for understanding!
:pakistan:

but sir this do not mean that as the frigate projects are costing us good six to ten years so better be contend with patrol boats...
i mean, good they are comming for free,, we need thm to patrol our shores but the need for bigger and heavier vessels stays there. missing the opportuinity to grasp on equipment that was already retired by UK and was obselete was not such a bad thing to happen.. may be such thing have moved PN forward to new and modren ships like F22pss

i am really sorry if you fing this post aggresive towards you,, i assure i didnt meant to sound harsh Sir!

thnks for understanding!

BRAND NEW BOATS and new design and technology is Pakistan's new modernization goal :chilli:

Hi,

Pakistanis have a bad habbit of blaming everyone for their misfortunes---

People only know how to talk sharp and blow everything out of proportion---you people need to grow up and learn

A great piece of advise for our young Pakistanis.

Thanks,
Regards. :cheers:

thnks for understanding!

Hi,

It is not an aggressive post---. Just like oliver hazard perry, the british had similiar frigates that it was retiring---only thing pak navy needed was to refurbish them just the same way they want the ohp's done---pak navy was a serious contender for those frig.---even new modern chinese ships like F22's maybe barely barely as capable as the upgraded british frig or the ohp's---I personally doubt it.

Having patrol boats is a totally different issue than having bigger and heavier vessels---where you can probe in with a needle---you don't need a sword---our discussion here was only targetted at FREE PATROL BOATS and similiar vessels---these patrol boats can go into very very shallow waters as the need may arise---.

You cannot send in your whole battalion if and when you only need a platoon strength to do the job----.

Now, in a discussion, you need not be worried about being aggressive at me---we all live to learn---.

The project costs you that much time when you are first thinking of bringing in a new system.

Mastan,

You don't know what you are talking about. These are no patrol boats. These are disguised pleasure boats. Most of the year they cannot be taken out to the high seas. Let alone the navy, they are even useless for the MSA. Might only be useful for the Harbour police or something. So don't get excited and start preaching if somebody throws a few pennies worth of junk at you, especially when they make a big fuss about it. If the Americans give us something good I will appreciate it but not this. Grow-up!

Mastan,

You don't know what you are talking about. These are no patrol boats. These are disguised pleasure boats. Most of the year they cannot be taken out to the high seas. Let alone the navy, they are even useless for the MSA. Might only be useful for the Harbour police or something. So don't get excited and start preaching if somebody throws a few pennies worth of junk at you, especially when they make a big fuss about it. If the Americans give us something good I will appreciate it but not this. Grow-up!

Kiddo,

In my middle age---I love to learn---how about you in your teens---how about learning some manners---even though you have been here for a while---but just have posted a few minor not recognizable amount of posts---.

If you are so smart---write something and put the analysis of the situation---like an article---your snobbish posts are unexpectable----this board is not here to vent your personal grief and personal dislikes---write something constructive---if you cannot---then let it stay as before---.

Write about the chinese economy---tell us why it won't come crashing---show us your stuff---not some half co-cked arrogant post that any T D and H can write---.

Tell us why can't these be used on our littoral property.

You know what----there have been a thousand and one snobbish kids like you on this board---some of them have gone elsewhere---show us that you are different---show us your mettle---put a little bit effort in your posts---take that sarcasm out of it---be a little more friendly.

actually, anything we can induct to protect our maritime/coastal interests is a PLUS. And for God's sakes, they were free of cost; so how can one complain

let us be mature and rational on this

There's no such thing as free lunch.

We might end up spending more money on maintenance and repair parts that we would have to order from the US.

I think Pak should auction these patrol boats off to the best bidder and buy Chinese patrol boats instead due to low maintenance and repair.
Why are you guys over-relying on China? You sure you want to put all your eggs in one basket? On almost every thread, Pakistani members are recommending everything Chinese in every division of defense from assault rifles to fighter jets to frigates down to these patrol boats.

You do know that putting such reliance on even the most "reliable ally" is not so safe from the point of national sovereignty, don't you? China is also another country just like United States and from what I collected in PDF, your stint with United States didn't go as well as you had hoped for then. You wish to repeat the same mistake again?

Kiddo,

In my middle age---I love to learn---how about you in your teens---how about learning some manners---even though you have been here for a while---but just have posted a few minor not recognizable amount of posts---.

If you are so smart---write something and put the analysis of the situation---like an article---your snobbish posts are unexpectable----this board is not here to vent your personal grief and personal dislikes---write something constructive---if you cannot---then let it stay as before---.

Write about the chinese economy---tell us why it won't come crashing---show us your stuff---not some half co-cked arrogant post that any T D and H can write---.

Tell us why can't these be used on our littoral property.

You know what----there have been a thousand and one snobbish kids like you on this board---some of them have gone elsewhere---show us that you are different---show us your mettle---put a little bit effort in your posts---take that sarcasm out of it---be a little more friendly.

I know about Chinese economy becuase I have oversight over a portfolio which has billions of dollars in China - I have lived in China for years - so I do this for a living. My observations are not based on scanning through websites and headlines. These days every one has access to the net. They read a little and think they are experts on every thing. As far as the boats are concerned go do a little research and compare the size and endurance of the boats with any pleasure boat docked in a US harbour and even you will be able to figure it out. They are not littoral boats by any standard in Pakistani context as the seas are too high for them for most of the year. They are harbour or riverine patrol boats. These are sort of boats, the US gives to countries like Kenya and Yemen. For God sake, we are a nuclear power, we have had a sophisticated navy for years. We were one of the first users of submarines in Asia. We have a sophisticated fleet of submarines and surface ships and people like you get excited about these small boats like a kid getting a new toy. I'll get excited if the American gives as an Aegis frigate or destroyer. I am excited about the Orions that the American gave and paid for upgrading. I see bigger boats in lakes around where I live.

http://www.safeboats.com/default/boats_dynamic_detail.php?boat=11

I don't measure my success or failure by the numbers of posts on a public forum which has no or very low barrier for any one to participate in. I only write on this forum when I read something really idiotic like your stuff.

Last edited:
I know about Chinese economy becuase I have oversight over a portfolio which has billions of dollars in China - I have lived in China for years - so I do this for a living. My observations are not based on scanning through websites and headlines. These days every one has access to the net. They read a little and think they are experts on every thing. As far as the boats are concerned go do a little research and compare the size and endurance of the boats with any pleasure boat docked in a US harbour and even you will be able to figure it out. They are not littoral boats by any standard in Pakistani context as the seas are too high for them for most of the year. They are harbour or riverine patrol boats. These are sort of boats, the US gives to countries like Kenya and Yemen. For God sake, we are a nuclear power, we have had a sophisticated navy for years. We were one of the first users of submarines in Asia. We have a sophisticated fleet of submarine and surface ships and people like you get excited about these small boats like a kid getting a new toy. I'll get excited if the American gives as an Aegis frigate or destroyer. I am excited about the Orions that the American gave and paid for upgrading. I see bigger boats in lakes around where we live.

I don't measure my success or failure by the numbers of posts on a public forum which has no or very low barrier for any one to participate in. I only write on this forum when I read something really idiotic like your stuff.

if it's like a pleasure boat, then it means that maintenance costs would not be prohibitive. The boats themselves were free.

If we paid for them, then it would be reasonable to register protest and objections. Otherwise, i think it's wrong.

it's the weekend yaar. Relax.

if it's like a pleasure boat, then it means that maintenance costs would not be prohibitive. The boats themselves were free.

If we paid for them, then it would be reasonable to register protest and objections. Otherwise, i think it's wrong.

it's the weekend yaar. Relax.

You don't get my point do you. I don't have any issues with getting the boats. I have issues with the US embassy, American posters and people like Mastan who think this is such a huge deal and favor for Pakistan. These boats don't even deserve a mention in the press. Soloman got it right. This is just pork barrel corrupt project to favor an American company. This has no strategic benefit for Pakistan or the US.

Back
Top Bottom