What's new

US donates additional 5mn doses of Pfizer vaccine to Pakistan on Christmas Day

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

• US Embassy in Islamabad says this donation should arrive on Christmas Day or shortly thereafter

BR
25 Dec 2021

61c6d1f943f5f.jpg

The United States has donated additional 5 million doses of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines through the COVAX facility to Pakistan.

"This donation, which should arrive on Christmas Day or shortly thereafter, brings the total number of COVID-19 vaccines donated by the U.S. government to the Pakistani people to more than 37 million," the US embassy said in a statement on Saturday.

“Getting vaccinated is the best gift you can give your loved ones this holiday season. Celebrate the coming new year by getting your jab," the statement quoted US Embassy Islamabad’s Chargé d’affaires Angela P Aggeler as saying.

"These Pfizer vaccines are part of the 500 million Pfizer doses the United States purchased this summer to deliver to 92 countries worldwide, including Pakistan, to fulfill President Biden’s commitment to provide safe and effective vaccines around the world and supercharge the global fight against the pandemic," the statement added.

Meanwhile, Pakistan has administered 148,265,690 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. In a tweet on Saturday, the National Command and Operation Centre said that 1,336,509 doses were administered across the country during the last 24 hours.

Thank you USA and Merry Christmas.

It's highly appreciative as it helps Pakistan a lot not just because of vaccinating people locally but also for those Pakistanis who want to travel abroad and have requirement to get some western vaccine. And ofcourse, the financial cost during this economic crises which Pakistan is facing currently. If each dose costs $10, 37 million free doses save $370 millions and at $15 each, it saves around $550 millions.

Vaccine Statistics:

Vaccine administered across Pakistan in last 24 hours:...................... 1,336,509
Total vaccine administered till now:........................................................ 148.265.690

2:58 AM · Dec 25, 2021

• US Embassy in Islamabad says this donation should arrive on Christmas Day or shortly thereafter

BR
25 Dec 2021

61c6d1f943f5f.jpg

The United States has donated additional 5 million doses of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines through the COVAX facility to Pakistan.

"This donation, which should arrive on Christmas Day or shortly thereafter, brings the total number of COVID-19 vaccines donated by the U.S. government to the Pakistani people to more than 37 million," the US embassy said in a statement on Saturday.

“Getting vaccinated is the best gift you can give your loved ones this holiday season. Celebrate the coming new year by getting your jab," the statement quoted US Embassy Islamabad’s Chargé d’affaires Angela P Aggeler as saying.

"These Pfizer vaccines are part of the 500 million Pfizer doses the United States purchased this summer to deliver to 92 countries worldwide, including Pakistan, to fulfill President Biden’s commitment to provide safe and effective vaccines around the world and supercharge the global fight against the pandemic," the statement added.

Meanwhile, Pakistan has administered 148,265,690 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. In a tweet on Saturday, the National Command and Operation Centre said that 1,336,509 doses were administered across the country during the last 24 hours.
I wanted to get a Pfizer booster but hesitant now because of the heart inflammation threat. Has anyone taken Pfizer (any young adult)

I wanted to get a Pfizer booster but hesitant now because of the heart inflammation threat. Has anyone taken Pfizer (any young adult)

It’s a highly unlikely side effect. What you may experience is a day or two of feeling sick as your immune system learns to fight the virus. The Pfizer vaccine is so your body recognizes the spike protein on the virus.

It’s a highly unlikely side effect. What you may experience is a day or two of feeling sick as your immune system learns to fight the virus. The Pfizer vaccine is so your body recognizes the spike protein on the virus.
There are reports of heart inflammation/ myocarditis though ,for that reason I'll personally never touch pfizer.How can I risk any effect on heart out of all organs?

Last edited:
Thankyou USA - about the only positive thing USA has done for Pakistan is Vaccine donations this year -

There are reports of heart inflammation/ myocarditis though ,for that reason I'll personally never touch pfizer.How can I risk any effect on or heart out of all organs?

You can look at some analysis of number of people that actually develop myocarditis, and the numbers are very low.

I did, 3 times already.

It's a rare possibility but it might be avoided completely if the nurse aspirates the needle in your shoulder.
However more research needs to be made.

I know all that but young adults can develop heart inflammation from mRNA vaccines. My family has some history of heart illness so I don't want to take the chance.

I wouldn't accept this.. Even if I did out of good gesture I wouldn't use it.. Becoming sterile out of these is a risk.. Taking vaccines and stuff like that without proper trials is risky

Back
Top Bottom