What's new

US discusses China’s ‘assertiveness’ with India

Interesting to see Chinese-dragon is reaching his threshold.:frown:

ontopic
Little results to come out of this discussion.
Because there are very few areas where both agree regarding China.

Interesting to see Chinese-dragon is reaching his threshold.:frown:

My perception of the Indian people comes from those who I have actually met in person.

So I am happy to say that my perception of the Indian people is still very positive.

One or two internet trolls are not going to change my mind about that.

Originally Posted by Molawchai
"On other hand, regarding your toilet crisis is also a close case, nothing worth to debate cos its already a well known fact to the whole world, thats India."

Wow!
The level of discourse here is steadily going down; and finally it goes down the $hit-pot-- way to go, folks.
I admire such "profound intelligence" that finally cooks up such wisdom.

Yeah buddy, your government eagerly and willingly accepted that Tibet is a part of China.

Same with every other government on Earth.

If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you write to your government? (Also make sure to tell them to stop killing Kashmiris while you're at it).

Tell me if the GoI can do it?

Chinese- Dragon,

In International Politics and Diplomacy a holier than thou attitude is all it takes to undo years of hard work. The Indian Government unlike the system you have out there in China is ruled by Indian citizens.

Unruffling feathers particularly when issues like national integrity is at stake is something that any political party dreads and that is exactly the reason they will try not to do that.

As far as balls are concerned, diplomacy and politics are a different ball game. Governments can grow "Balls" as and when required; or let me put it this way, "Public pressure in India is tremendous and we have a fiercely independent media which is not going to take anything at face value".

If they do not have the balls today they can grow a "pair" when their existence is at stake.

And please do not drag Kashmir into every issue. You have a far worse off equivalent in the western part of your country.

Indian Government's stand notwithstanding Indians firmly believe it is an illegal occupation of an entirely different race and the cultural genocide the Chinese have been doing in Tibet. The millions of Tibetan refugees in India and all over the world are living examples of that.

Indians strongly believe that India borders two of the most restive areas controlled by PRC.

One of them is Chinese Occupied Tibet (Tibet Autonomous Region):welcome:

Chinese- Dragon,

In International Politics and Diplomacy a holier than thou attitude is all it takes to undo years of hard work. The Indian Government unlike the system you have out there in China is ruled by Indian citizens.

Unruffling feathers particularly when issues like national integrity is at stake is something that any political party dreads and that is exactly the reason they will try not to do that.

As far as balls are concerned, diplomacy and politics are a different ball game. Governments can grow "Balls" as and when required; or let me put it this way, "Public pressure in India is tremendous and we have a fiercely independent media which is not going to take anything at face value".

If they do not have the balls today they can grow a "pair" when their existence is at stake.

And please do not drag Kashmir into every issue. You have a far worse off equivalent in the western part of your country.

Indian Government's stand notwithstanding Indians firmly believe it is an illegal occupation of an entirely different race and the cultural genocide the Chinese have been doing in Tibet. The millions of Tibetan refugees in India and all over the world are living examples of that.

Indians strongly believe that India borders two of the most restive areas controlled by PRC.

One of them is Chinese Occupied Tibet (Tibet Autonomous Region):welcome:

For your information, India has accepted tibet as part of china.

For your information, India has accepted tibet as part of china.

Governments routinely change their stance on issues based on geo-political realities, domestic and international perceptions and economic conditions. Everyone accepted Ukraine and Kazakhstan as part of USSR - they are independent countries now; ditto for East Timor as part of Indonesia.

The entire world is aware of the human right violations of China against the Buddhist Tibetans and the Muslim Uighur population. I am surprised the Pakistanis have no feelings for their fellow Muslim brothers being marginalized by a godless Communist nation.

Governments routinely change their stance on issues based on geo-political realities, domestic and international perceptions and economic conditions. Everyone accepted Ukraine and Kazakhstan as part of USSR - they are independent countries now; ditto for East Timor as part of Indonesia.

The entire world is aware of the human right violations of China against the Buddhist Tibetans and the Muslim Uighur population. I am surprised the Pakistanis have no feelings for their fellow Muslim brothers being marginalized by a godless Communist nation.

You say that like it's a bad thing :rolleyes:. This is the same godless communist leadership that took China from a medieval kingdom to the world second largest economy (set to be the largest in my life time). The fact that GoI hasn't done as well in every quantifiable parameter of governance should give you pause (if you had even a shred of introspection in you)

Like I and many a Chinese member here have said, put up or shut up. You live in a democracy, exercise your influence government policy within the system but until then you can drop the insinuations of governments "routinely changing their stance".

(lol at your pathetic attempts to recruit support from Pakistani members)

Er...............Before we Indians attempt to take a higher moral stand.

Lets clear our own domestic mess first,which i don't have to elaborate.

Also Uighurs don't represent the majority Muslims of China.
Its the Hui people that do,and from my knowledge they do take full pride in calling themselves Chinese.

I have no problem if China -bashing interests you,
Just do so with complete knowledge devoid of traditional western stereotypes.

You say that like it's a bad thing :rolleyes:. This is the same godless communist leadership that took China from a medieval kingdom to the world second largest economy (set to be the largest in my life time). The fact that GoI hasn't done as well in every quantifiable parameter of governance should give you pause (if you had even a shred of introspection in you)

Like I and many a Chinese member here have said, put up or shut up. You live in a democracy, exercise your influence government policy within the system but until then you can drop the insinuations of governments "routinely changing their stance".

It is the right attempt, make no mistake....

one of your and your friend's commitment towards the other is to ensure that militancy and terrorism in any form is crushed with an iron fist, that is what the Pakistani government is trying to help you on...stopping Islamic Fundamentalism from spreading out to western parts of your country and ensuring that the Turkestan movement does not raise its head against you and also to protect you from Al-Qaeda and other extremists elements in the Pakistani society from spilling over into China.

But this may not hold for long...

Do not forget that Pakistan has lost all credibility (if it had any) in the world

As far as your development is concerned noone here in India doubts that, particularly Infrastrcuture, but to assume that this form of governance is better than democracy in all aspects is going too much and too far...

a) Wide disparity of income between the western and eastern parts of your country

b) The negative demographic policy of one child per couple will show you the light of the day sooner than you expect

c) The huge investments built around export driven economy has already started showing its resultsAs far as Indian Government is concerned it is firmly below our foot.

If the need arises the change in policy shall follow. And this is something which is not new to India. Some examples:

a) India's growing closeness to EU and USA in contravention to Indias ideals in the Nehruvian era

b) Recognition of Israel while still supporting the cause of the Palestinians and you know where we stand today

c) Growing closeness to traditional American allies like South Korea and Japan. If need be we can change our policy towards ROC

As far as your development is concerned noone here in India doubts that, particularly Infrastrcuture, but to assume that this form of governance is better than democracy in all aspects is going too much and too far...

Who exactly said that our system of governance is better than democracy in all aspects? No one said that.

Regarding the one-child policy, that can easily be modified or scrapped if the need arises.

Regarding our Western provinces, etc. I would say this... There are no active armed insurgencies in China.

Who exactly said that our system of governance is better than democracy in all aspects? No one said that.

Regarding the one-child policy, that can easily be modified or scrapped if the need arises.

Regarding our Western provinces, etc. I would say this... There are no active armed insurgencies in China.

I think he was talking about this line

It was merely aimed at highlighting Pakistani govt. hypocrisy - lol @ you if you actually thought I was canvassing support from Pakistani members - clearly lost in translation.

And I said, I am not going to shut up simply because some chinese members ask me to - if you can do something about it, do it - else bear with this amazing concept clearly alien in China - "right to freedom of speech."

Perhaps you consider massacres like those in Tiananmen "quantifiable parameters of governance" - the rest of the world does not. I am glad we lag behind in such parameters.

Back
Top Bottom