What's new

US curbs feared: Pakistan to tell Iran IP project not implementable

I remember Pakistani members here had gone nuts in a frenzy when India withdrew from the project due to security concerns of a pipeline coming thru Pakistan's restive areas, calling this as India betraying Iran and how Iran, Pakistan, China pipeline will be an egg on India's face.. Looks like Egg changed its direction a bit and landed smack between Iran and India ;)

I remember Pakistani members here had gone nuts in a frenzy when India withdrew from the project due to security concerns of a pipeline coming thru Pakistan's restive areas, calling this as India betraying Iran and how Iran, Pakistan, China pipeline will be an egg on India's face.. Looks like Egg changed its direction a bit and landed smack between Iran and India ;)
Not to mention that India and Iran are building an undersea pipeline now......

If true then Pakistan weaker than I thought. No wherewithal to build just one half of an already constructed pipeline?

If we had gone ahead then we too like Iran would have constructed our side of the pipeline and other infra and would like Iran sunk money into it and looked like an idiot.

Wonder if china's put any money into their side of this imaginery pipeline?.

good news for india though.

you pulled out,opposed iran at UN... decreased oil imports much before this...

No but actually Pakistan took the advantage of Iran......
Iran build the pipeline as a brother as a sign of goodwill but Pakistan showed that it cannot be trusted and joined Saudi's camp.......

ISLAMABAD:
Pakistan has decided to formally convey to Iran that a multibillion-dollar gas pipeline project cannot move ahead due to possible US sanctions.

A Pakistani delegation would leave for Tehran by the end of this month to convey to Iranian officials there that a threat of US sanctions was the major stumbling block in implementing the Iran-Pakistan (IP) gas pipeline project, sources told The Express Tribune.

“The Foreign Office has given the go-ahead for conveying this message to Iranian officials,” said an official privy to the development.

On Thursday, the Foreign Office convened an inter-ministerial meeting where it was observed that Pakistan has failed to garner funds due to a threat of US sanctions. Even friendly countries like China have backed out from funding the project.

46_zps0ee08782.jpg

The meeting – which was attended by representatives from the ministries of law, finance and petroleum – agreed that Iran should be told that possible US sanctions were the major stumbling block in generating funds for the project.

On December 9, 2013, Petroleum and Natural Resources Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi led a delegation for talks with Iranian officials. This was the first interaction between Islamabad and Tehran on the project since the change of governments in the two countries in mid-2013.

During that meeting, Pakistan raised the issue of possible US sanctions against the IP gas project. The Pakistani side wanted to renegotiate the agreed gas price and the construction contract. But they came to know that it was difficult to implement the project amid threat of US sanctions.

Both sides agreed that experts from both countries would meet to resolve the issue of sanctions. Now, after the inter-ministerial meeting, experts from both countries will meet in Tehran by end January to discuss a way out.

Though Iran has signed a nuclear deal with the US and other Western powers, Washington has announced that it has not changed its stance on the IP project.

A Pakistani delegation, led by the ministers of petroleum and water and power, visited Washington in the second week of November last year and requested US officials to exempt the IP pipeline from sanctions. However, the US officials were non-committal.

Pakistan had requested Iran to finance the laying of entire pipeline, estimated at $2 billion. Earlier, Iran had committed $500 million and in response Pakistan had pledged to award the construction contract to the Iranian firm, Tadbir Energy. However, Iran backed out and the contract to Tadbir Energy was terminated.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 19th, 2014.

Not to mention that India and Iran are building an undersea pipeline now......
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@DESERT FIGHTER ,Iran and America recently singed a deal.....
And then there were threads that Pakistan will import oil from Iran because there will be no sanctions now.....

Iran-India to build gas pipeline through sea to save transit fee ...
You would have been banned when this thread was created......

If true then Pakistan weaker than I thought. No wherewithal to build just one half of an already constructed pipeline?

If we had gone ahead then we too like Iran would have constructed our side of the pipeline and other infra and would like Iran sunk money into it and looked like an idiot.

Wonder if china's put any money into their side of this imaginery pipeline?.
Thats one of the best decision we ever made....

Last edited:
@DESERT FIGHTER ,Iran and America recently singed a deal.....
And then there were threads that Pakistan will import oil from Iran because there will be no sanctions now.....

On December 9, 2013, Petroleum and Natural Resources Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi led a delegation for talks with Iranian officials. This was the first interaction between Islamabad and Tehran on the project since the change of governments in the two countries in mid-2013.

During that meeting, Pakistan raised the issue of possible US sanctions against the IP gas project. The Pakistani side wanted to renegotiate the agreed gas price and the construction contract. But they came to know that it was difficult to implement the project amid threat of US sanctions.

Both sides agreed that experts from both countries would meet to resolve the issue of sanctions. Now, after the inter-ministerial meeting, experts from both countries will meet in Tehran by end January to discuss a way out.

Though Iran has signed a nuclear deal with the US and other Western powers, Washington has announced that it has not changed its stance on the IP project.

A Pakistani delegation, led by the ministers of petroleum and water and power, visited Washington in the second week of November last year and requested US officials to exempt the IP pipeline from sanctions. However, the US officials were non-committal.

Pakistan had requested Iran to finance the laying of entire pipeline, estimated at $2 billion. Earlier, Iran had committed $500 million and in response Pakistan had pledged to award the construction contract to the Iranian firm, Tadbir Energy. However, Iran backed out and the contract to Tadbir Energy was terminated.

tell us more abour your under sea pipeline?? :lol:

df.jpg

tell us more abour your under sea pipeline?? :lol:

View attachment 13712
I told the same thing to Pakistanis but they said that we will build the pipeline at any costs......

Didnt i provide you the link......

I told the same thing to Pakistanis but they said that we will build the pipeline at any costs......

Didnt i provide you the link......

Has the work started? have the contracts been signed?

And IPP project has still not been completely abandoned.. ministers will be visiting Iran by this months to discuss a way out..

Has the work started? have the contracts been signed?

And IPP project has still not been completely abandoned.. ministers will be visiting Iran by this months to discuss a way out..
Please go through the whole thread or maybe i have given you the wrong links.......

If you are thinking that this is not possible then you are mistaken because this type of technology already exists.....

Please go through the whole thread or maybe i have given you the wrong links.......

If you are thinking that this is not possible then you are mistaken because this type of technology already exists.....

Contract signed?

Contruction started?

Simple questions..

I dont remember.......

I gave you the wrong links.......

Give me some time......

You make big claims about some under sea pipeline stretching thousands of miles and through Pakistani waters from Iran ... yet you don't remember about the basic stuff? :lol:

You make big claims about some under sea pipeline stretching thousands of miles and through Pakistani waters from Iran ... yet you don't remember about the basic stuff? :lol:
I remember the basic stuff but the problem is if it is false then you will say that you make false claims......
What i remember is deal has been signed and an Indian company will constructh the pipeline and other countries will also use that pipeline.......
And i am trying to find that thread because questions about pakistani waters have also been answered there.....

@DESERT FIGHTER ,Got it.......

Iran, India eye deepwater gas pipeline

Iran has generally agreed to deliver natural gas to Asia’s top energy consumer India through a deepwater pipeline crossing the Sea of Oman, an Iranian official says.

“Negotiations were held with three Indian companies for [their] purchase of gas from Iran, and general agreements have been reached,” Ali Amirani, director of marketing at National Iranian Gas Exports Company (NIGEC), said.

He added that Iran and India are expected to start talks about gas sales and pricing after the finalization of the agreements in a months’ time.

Amirani stated that India’s South Asia Gas Enterprise Pvt. Ltd. (SAGE) has conducted feasibility studies for the planned 1,400-kilometer pipeline, which is estimated to cost USD 4-5 billion and would carry 31 million cubic meters (mcm) per day of gas to India.

The envisaged pipeline will pump gas from Iran’s gigantic South Pars gas field.

South Pars covers an area of 9,700 square kilometers, 3,700 square kilometers of which are in Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf. The remaining 6,000 square kilometers, i.e. North Dome, are in Qatar's territorial waters.

India is among Asia’s major importers of energy and relies on Iran to meet a portion of its energy demands. Iran was the second-largest supplier of India’s crude oil before illegal US-led sanctions were imposed on Tehran about two years ago.

India’s oil shipments from Iran are estimated to rise to 4 million tons in the current fiscal year.

PressTV - Iran, India eye deepwater gas pipeline

Last edited:
I remember the basic stuff but the problem is if it is false then you will say that you make false claims......
What i remember is deal has been signed and an Indian company will constructh the pipeline and other countries will also use that pipeline.......
And i am trying to find that thread because questions about pakistani waters have also been answered there.....

@DESERT FIGHTER ,Got it.......
Iran, India eye deepwater gas pipeline

Iran has generally agreed to deliver natural gas to Asia’s top energy consumer India through a deepwater pipeline crossing the Sea of Oman, an Iranian official says.

“Negotiations were held with three Indian companies for [their] purchase of gas from Iran, and general agreements have been reached,” Ali Amirani, director of marketing at National Iranian Gas Exports Company (NIGEC), said.

He added that Iran and India are expected to start talks about gas sales and pricing after the finalization of the agreements in a months’ time.

Amirani stated that India’s South Asia Gas Enterprise Pvt. Ltd. (SAGE) has conducted feasibility studies for the planned 1,400-kilometer pipeline, which is estimated to cost USD 4-5 billion and would carry 31 million cubic meters (mcm) per day of gas to India.

The envisaged pipeline will pump gas from Iran’s gigantic South Pars gas field.

South Pars covers an area of 9,700 square kilometers, 3,700 square kilometers of which are in Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf. The remaining 6,000 square kilometers, i.e. North Dome, are in Qatar's territorial waters.

India is among Asia’s major importers of energy and relies on Iran to meet a portion of its energy demands. Iran was the second-largest supplier of India’s crude oil before illegal US-led sanctions were imposed on Tehran about two years ago.

India’s oil shipments from Iran are estimated to rise to 4 million tons in the current fiscal year.

PressTV - Iran, India eye deepwater gas pipeline

Lmao... no agreement signed.. no MoU signed... no talks held... no contruction started... no surveys.... And thousands of miles under water...and a u source full of crap.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom