What's new

US coast guard opens fire on an Iranian fishing boat

This is what I believe:
I think it is obvious by now that Iran was fighting 10-15 countries most times indirectly and directly at several incidents during the Iran-Iraq war. All the Arabian countries were helping Iraq one way or another, financially (mainly Kuwait-KSA), militarily (Kuwait-Egypt-KSA-UAE or QATAR), intelligence (U.S.), communications (Kuwait-UAE) or using their air space (Pretty much all countries along the Persian Gulf). Mainly The Russians and French provided military equipment, The U.S. provided intelligence, East Germany or Russian pilots flew for the Iraqis, Egypt loaned their Mirage 5s for some time with or without pilots. Abu Dhabi or Qatar suspected to have attacked Larak Island sinking and damaging oil tankers, KSA F-15 with US instructor shot down an F-4 in the Persian Gulf, etc. To hamper oil trades and exports, both Iran and Iraq attacked oil tankers. Iranians laid mines and U.S. ship got struck. Operation Praying Mantis took effect. Iranian oil rigs were destroyed and almost 50% of Iranian Navy was attacked and destroyed by US warships WITHOUT provocation from Iranian boats, Joshan, Sahand and Sabalan. The pressure was on Iran to end the war but they wouldn't, right or wrong doesn't matter, it was time to end it. As part of the pressure after almost destroying the Iranian Navy, the IR-655 was shot down. A mistake, I really doubt that because I would either have to believe that The US Navy and AEGIS system is incompetent and flawed or it was a planned attack and operation to end the war. And I really doubt that the U.S. Navy is THAT incompetent and believe the latter. Few months later, Iran accepted Resolution 598 and possibly to show U.S. that not to f...ck with Iran, PamAm 103 was bombed.
Since then, U.S. has been trying to over throw the Iranian Regime but has been unable to do so. Now after years and years, once again their mutual interest has crossed paths. Both U.S. and Iran have their internal issues about this cooperation/alliance/relations or whatever you want to call it. There are groups in both countries against this relation and will stop at nothing to prevent it.
A little on the topic guys, yes US is a bully and we like things to be done our way because we got the power!! We are no angels and neither are the others. If Iran was a super power, you think they would sit back and try and save the world? Or any other country for that matter? It is all about POWER. The difference is that US knows how to screw people with finesse compare to others! At end, the game is the same only the tactics are different. You have a fishing boat with a 0.50 Cal. pointed at US Ships, you get warned and if you piss them off, there will be another accident or misunderstanding, killing fishermen!! You think Iran is really a threat to US militarily? No, they aren't but Iran has devised other ways to hamper US efforts in trying and controlling Iran. Now, interests are aligned and no reason to over throw the Iranian Regime. The only bad news now is for the Iranian people that will get screwed by the regime. You really think US cares about saving people around the world if it has no interest in it? Does Iran really care about saving other people?

美国的海岸警卫队在波斯湾干什么?难道波斯湾成美国的领地了吗?

rebels were bragging they captured Ukrainian buks few days prior
without the search radar those buk systems are useless against targets at the altitude of 10km unless somebody tell them a plane is supposed to pass point x at time y and in this case they could not have knowledge about the point as Ukraine air trafic had deviated the plane 200km away from the usual path.

if you read what i wrote, and i mean really read. i said missiles would be networked to another sensor such as a larger one on a larger ship, or as you said, shore facilities, but again i already this could only happen, if you draw the american close to shore which they would not normally do unless they've already cleared the area.
The context is the Persian gulf, not the China sea, So the difference is huge when you look at the distances that Americans can fight from. in the China sea they can stay far away enough, while in the Persian Gulf they can not, there is nowhere to hide, and they will be close enough to the Iranian shore...

This is what I believe:
I think it is obvious by now that Iran was fighting 10-15 countries most times indirectly and directly at several incidents during the Iran-Iraq war. All the Arabian countries were helping Iraq one way or another, financially (mainly Kuwait-KSA), militarily (Kuwait-Egypt-KSA-UAE or QATAR), intelligence (U.S.), communications (Kuwait-UAE) or using their air space (Pretty much all countries along the Persian Gulf). Mainly The Russians and French provided military equipment, The U.S. provided intelligence, East Germany or Russian pilots flew for the Iraqis, Egypt loaned their Mirage 5s for some time with or without pilots. Abu Dhabi or Qatar suspected to have attacked Larak Island sinking and damaging oil tankers, KSA F-15 with US instructor shot down an F-4 in the Persian Gulf, etc. To hamper oil trades and exports, both Iran and Iraq attacked oil tankers. Iranians laid mines and U.S. ship got struck. Operation Praying Mantis took effect. Iranian oil rigs were destroyed and almost 50% of Iranian Navy was attacked and destroyed by US warships WITHOUT provocation from Iranian boats, Joshan, Sahand and Sabalan. The pressure was on Iran to end the war but they wouldn't, right or wrong doesn't matter, it was time to end it. As part of the pressure after almost destroying the Iranian Navy, the IR-655 was shot down. A mistake, I really doubt that because I would either have to believe that The US Navy and AEGIS system is incompetent and flawed or it was a planned attack and operation to end the war. And I really doubt that the U.S. Navy is THAT incompetent and believe the latter. Few months later, Iran accepted Resolution 598 and possibly to show U.S. that not to f...ck with Iran, PamAm 103 was bombed.
Since then, U.S. has been trying to over throw the Iranian Regime but has been unable to do so. Now after years and years, once again their mutual interest has crossed paths. Both U.S. and Iran have their internal issues about this cooperation/alliance/relations or whatever you want to call it. There are groups in both countries against this relation and will stop at nothing to prevent it.
A little on the topic guys, yes US is a bully and we like things to be done our way because we got the power!! We are no angels and neither are the others. If Iran was a super power, you think they would sit back and try and save the world? Or any other country for that matter? It is all about POWER. The difference is that US knows how to screw people with finesse compare to others! At end, the game is the same only the tactics are different. You have a fishing boat with a 0.50 Cal. pointed at US Ships, you get warned and if you piss them off, there will be another accident or misunderstanding, killing fishermen!! You think Iran is really a threat to US militarily? No, they aren't but Iran has devised other ways to hamper US efforts in trying and controlling Iran. Now, interests are aligned and no reason to over throw the Iranian Regime. The only bad news now is for the Iranian people that will get screwed by the regime. You really think US cares about saving people around the world if it has no interest in it? Does Iran really care about saving other people?
Most of the post about the Arab involvements is flawed, most Arab nations were neutral and hurt by the Ian-Iraq conflict. The same with the Iranian regime wanting to screw up the population. That is an American frame of thought not an actual Iranian one. It seems like the whole post is retarded, it speaks about 35 years ago capabilities and takes this regime for a shah-like regime, it's again very flawed.
US coast guard !?

Good to know you back up my claim about attacking our ships and why U.S. Navy was there.

Iran retaliated by attacking ships belonging to Iraq's trading partners and to countries that loaned Iraq money to support its war effort.

The rebels already admitted they shot it down. Just that they thought it was a military transport plane so it was an accident. After all they successfully shot down multiple Ukrainian military planes so they thought they successfully shot down another.

Considering Iran has some, you never know what Iran has done to the plane. After all the F14 can be adapted to use air to ground weaponry.

First of all you ignored half of my post, as I said the so-called "Tanker war" was initially started by Iraq which was being supported by you:

Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons'
By WILLIAM LOWTHER, Daily Mail

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night.
As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.
The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.
They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

And you did know it, instead of putting pressure on Saddam (i.e. you ally at that time) to end the war you decided to give him more space by shooting down Iranian airbus. as you said it was Iraqi French Mirages which attacked American warship USS Stark not Iran and again it was within Iranian territories .

hIMUTKf.jpg

MfWawRC.jpg

DcCCJFR.jpg

you know that's just excuses , there is not a single evidence that Iran used those airplane for something but intercepting incoming planes or a mini radar.

and the rebels didn't have the weapon to hit the airplane but the neonazis had the system .so its still in debate who did it more importantly if you guys really had evidence that the rebels did it , not Kiev it was impossible you'd have let the story die in medias .

Since the Fall of Shah, the U.S. Navy isn't taking chances on what Iran has done since to the F14s. And if the rebels didn't have a system to shoot down the airplane, then you are really ignorant on past shot down of Ukrainians military aircraft in the past few months prior to this one.

First of all you ignored half of my post, as I said the so-called "Tanker war" was initially started by Iraq which was being supported by you:

Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons'
By WILLIAM LOWTHER, Daily Mail

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night.
As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.
The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.
They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

And you did know it, instead of putting pressure on Saddam (i.e. you ally at that time) to end the war you decided to give him more space by shooting down Iranian airbus. as you said it was Iraqi French Mirages which attacked American warship USS Stark not Iran and again it was within Iranian territories .

Do you have any proof that Saddam bought chemical weapons from the U.S.? Because its pretty much BS. Thats why I ignored that. Considered that Saddam's military forces composed of Russian made weaponry, you should look at that source. And as I said again, the U.S. Navy intervened because you attacked U.S. flagged ships.

Last edited:
Since the Fall of Shah, the U.S. Navy isn't taking chances on what Iran has done since to the F14s. And if the rebels didn't have a system to shoot down the airplane, then you are really ignorant on past shot down of Ukrainians military aircraft in the past few months prior to this one.

Let say OK you are right and that scenario fulfilment nonsense happened to that ship and not any other ship in the region . then why that lieing and disinformation campaign by us army to hide what happened there why your navy went to the extent that you even lied to your senators ?

And about rebels they hit the Ukrainian military planes with other systems and at much lower altitude.

Do you have any proof that Saddam bought chemical weapons from the U.S.? Because its pretty much BS. Thats why I ignored that. Considered that Saddam's military forces composed of Russian made weaponry, you should look at that source. And as I said again, the U.S. Navy intervened because you attacked U.S. flagged ships.
Its completely documented that it was European and US firms that provided the technology needed for chemical bombs to Iraq

Also we only attacked ships that wanted to break the Iraq siege and you very well knew it was completely legal to attack any ships that wanted to break that siege

Last edited:
Let say OK you are right and that scenario fulfilment nonsense happened to that ship and not any other ship in the region . then why that lieing and disinformation campaign by us army to hide what happened there why your navy went to the extent that you even lied to your senators ?

And about rebels they hit the Ukrainian military planes with other systems and at much lower altitude.

Don't know what the U.S. Army has to do with the situation. But the U.S. govt. already publicly stated it was mistaken identity. And yet as you pointed out the rebels have the capability to shoot down Ukrainian airplanes and helos. If they have those systems, why not long range high altitude as well?

Its completely documented that it was European and US firms that provided the technology needed for chemical bombs to Iraq

Also we only attacked ships that wanted to break the Iraq siege and you very well knew it was completely legal to attack any ships that wanted to break that siege

Show me the documents or something. And if you have the legal right to attack any ships, then we have the right to defend it.

Don't know what the U.S. Army has to do with the situation. But the U.S. govt. already publicly stated it was mistaken identity. And yet as you pointed out the rebels have the capability to shoot down Ukrainian airplanes and helos. If they have those systems, why not long range high altitude as well?
they didn't had the needed radar for that . their buk was incomplete. By the way why go the hard way and try to prove it was the rebels while its a lot easier to say it was the kieve as their action was out of normal that day . and they had the complete system at the area . and don't forget that sat photo of Ukrainian buk with wine buttle scattered around it.

they didn't had the needed radar for that . their buk was incomplete. By the way why go the hard way and try to prove it was the rebels while its a lot easier to say it was the kieve as their action was out of normal that day . and they had the complete system at the area . and don't forget that sat photo of Ukrainian buk with wine buttle scattered around it.

Buk incomplete? It already has its own radar, capable of hitting at long range and at high altitudes. Considering it crashed in rebel held territory.

9a317e10.jpg

Show me the documents or something. And if you have the legal right to attack any ships, then we have the right to defend it.
you didn't had the right to do that as it was not your war .but we had the right to stop kuwait and UAE and Qatar break that siege . if Iraq wanted to ship its product to kuwait and then export them from there we clearly had the right to stop those ships.
Buk incomplete? It already has its own radar, capable of hitting at long range and at high altitudes. Considering it crashed in rebel held territory.

9a317e10.jpg

Thats a targeting radar not a search radar designed to search all altitude and direction for finding target..
using that radar for finding target is like a sniper want to find its target throw the scope of his gun without any prior knowledge of were is the target and whats his distance. or a better comparison is to install a satellite dish for your TV without prior knowledge of which direction you must target the dish

Back
Top Bottom