What's new

US calls on Pakistan to arrest recently freed Islamist leader Hafiz Saeed

Ryuzaki

Reaction score
Country
India
The US today asked the Pakistan government to make sure that Hafiz Saeed is arrested and charged for his crimes, following the release of the 26/11 mastermind and JuD chief from house arrest.

Pakistan today freed Saeed, the LeT founder, who immediately launched his anti-India rhetoric and vowed to mobilise people for the "cause of Kashmir".

"The United States is deeply concerned that Lashkar-e- Taiba (LeT) leader Hafiz Saeed has been released from house arrest in Pakistan. LeT is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organisation responsible for the death of hundreds of innocent civilians in terrorist attacks, including a number of American citizens," state department spokesperson Heather Nauert said.

"The Pakistani government should make sure that he is arrested and charged for his crimes," Nauert said in a statement after the release of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...t-leader-hafiz-saeed/articleshow/61784017.cms

I dont hear anything different from Hafiz Saeed as I do from BJP ministers and Modi himself.

The US today asked the Pakistan government to make sure that Hafiz Saeed is arrested and charged for his crimes, following the release of the 26/11 mastermind and JuD chief from house arrest.

Pakistan today freed Saeed, the LeT founder, who immediately launched his anti-India rhetoric and vowed to mobilise people for the "cause of Kashmir".

"The United States is deeply concerned that Lashkar-e- Taiba (LeT) leader Hafiz Saeed has been released from house arrest in Pakistan. LeT is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organisation responsible for the death of hundreds of innocent civilians in terrorist attacks, including a number of American citizens," state department spokesperson Heather Nauert said.

"The Pakistani government should make sure that he is arrested and charged for his crimes," Nauert said in a statement after the release of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...t-leader-hafiz-saeed/articleshow/61784017.cms

So is it okay to release Samjhota express Blast terrorists on bail but not okay for Hafiz saeed on bail ?

Lol,,,I dont hear Saeed saying anything about socio,economic development about Pakistan whic Modi says abut India

Modi only says, Saeed does...he runs the one of the biggest charity in Pakistan

Its good thing he got realised from house arrest ,india can score points diplomatically

First of all, Hafiz Saeed is being released by the Court and not by Government of Pakistan which actually acted as per whatsoever evidences provide by aggrieved party. However, in my opinion, as LeT was delinked by US from Haqqani Network in the case of funds to Pakistan, seems like it was necessary to balance Indian mood and avoid constant complaining.

Will US capture or arrest someone on Pakistan's request ? without any concrete Evidence ? NO .. so no one has the right to tell us otherwise, its a internal matter and Courts give bail because lack of Evidence .

US should look inward and arrest gul baddin hikmatyar for his crimes. oh sorry he is a good terrorist.

released by courts, the courts verdict is to be upheld.

India could never provide any evidence about Hafiz Saeed involvement in Mumbai Drama,oh i mean attck.

Back
Top Bottom