What's new

US became the first country in the world to record more than 2,000 COVID19 deaths in a single day

This afternoon, U.S death will surpass Italy for sure, and reach 20,000 Total Deaths.
The problem is, they are keep rising and rising in recent days

Last week their daily deaths is 1,000 range, but now reach 2,000 deaths daily.
Don't know about next week?
But if we see with so many active cases in U.S, the death toll will keep rising and rising

U.S. mourns as coronavirus death toll pushes past 18,000, nearing most in the world

Gravestones from a cemetery are seen with the Manhattan skyline
(ANGELA WEISS/AFP )

By MICHAEL FINNEGAN
APRIL 10, 2020
2:33 PM

America’s mourning stretched from coast to coast Friday as the United States approached another sad milestone in the COVID-19 pandemic: more deaths than any other country in the world.

In Colorado, Gov. Jared Polis paid tribute to 21-year-old college baseball player Cody Lyster, one of the 241 people in the state who have died of COVID-19.

“Our hearts go out to the friends, family and loved ones of everyone affected,” Polis said outside the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, where construction crews were building a makeshift hospital to start treating several hundred coronavirus patients next week.

So it went in communities across the nation Friday as the number of fatalities surpassed 18,000, just behind Italy, where nearly 19,000 people have died, according to John Hopkins University.

Workers wearing personal protective equipment bury bodies in a trench on Hart Island in the Bronx borough of New York.
(John Minchillo / Associated Press)
In New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio acknowledged that the surge in COVID-19 deaths had forced the city to start burying unclaimed bodies five days a week in the Hart Island potter’s field, where burials normally occur once a week.

“It’s a sad topic,” De Blasio said during a visit to a temporary hospital in Queens, now the pandemic’s epicenter. “Imagine anyone who passes away and there’s no one there to claim the body.

DeBlasio was touring the Billie Jean King Tennis Center, where a temporary hospital for 350 COVID-19 patients has been set up at the site of the U.S. Open.

“Out of a tennis court we have a hospital,” he said, thanking volunteer medical workers who have arrived from as far as Nebraska, Oregon and Alaska to help New Yorkers through the worst of the onslaught.

Statewide, New York’s death toll hit 7,844 on Friday, with 77 fatalities in the previous 24 hours, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.

Cuomo called on President Trump to invoke the Defense Production Act to take control of production by private laboratories of tests for virus antibodies.

CALIFORNIA
Coronavirus live updates: U.S. mourns as death toll pushes past 18,000, nearing most in the world
20 minutes ago
Without federal supervision and money, he said, the private laboratories developing tests in New York don’t have the capacity to produce enough for the millions of people who need them.

“We need a tremendous, mind-boggling increase in volume quickly,” he said. “And I don’t believe just waiting for the private-sector companies to come up to scale you’re going to see it in the time frame that you need to get it done.”

Widespread testing, he said, is the key to reopening the economy.

For now, many Americans were struggling to adjust to stay-at-home orders and shutdowns of nonessential businesses as Easter weekend approached.

“Now is not the time to take your foot off the accelerator,” said Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont. “Now is no time to relax social distancing.”

In Philadelphia, police officers yanked a man off a bus because he was not wearing a mask. And in Kansas, Democratic Gov. Laura Kelly petitioned the state Supreme Court to stop GOP lawmakers from rescinding her ban on religious gatherings.

Kelly said in an interview Friday that four of the state’s 12 coronavirus outbreak “clusters” could be traced back to religious gatherings.

“Quite honestly, our faith leaders are behind us,” Kelly said. “I talked to them before I did it, I talked to them after I did it.”

Republican House Speaker Ron Ryckman’s problem with her executive order was its allowance for misdemeanor penalties for disobedience.

“I care deeply about the health and safety of Kansans; I don’t believe it’s wise for people to go to church,” Ryckman told The Times on Friday. “I’m not willing to have them imprisoned for [up to] a year for doing so.”

Times staff writer Matt Pearce contributed to this report.

https://www.latimes.com/world-natio...ronavirus-national-covid-pandemic-good-friday

I live here & yes, EVERYONE is nervous...my wife works in the healthcare industry & I also knows multiple doctors...the problem is that most (not all but most) as americans are either old/retired people with health issues or (and this is the controversial one) have some sort of daily routine of consuming alcohol or smoking marijuana, both of which are legal & known to suppress & weaken the immune system thus getting im the way of developing T cells against covid19. and then they're the issue of stds but to a lesser extent, but that also hurts the immune system, like genital herpes for example...most people don't even know they have it. explains why deaths from the coronavirus throughout the Muslim is far lower than deaths in america or europe. But discouraging alcohol & marijuana consumption has become a taboo for doctors & health professionals so they don't openly state it as a policy but privately, they have told me that this is a big reason but people don't listen...in spite of being nervous, beer to chayay hi chayay, baaz naho aana in hoan nay, na nasha chot na hay aur naa hi tharak pan! -_-

So what can I say except LAY PEE TAY MAR! :hitwall:

Sad. Very sad.... Can't believed what I m hearing and watching on a daily basis

Rip. All these lost lives because of a moron in charge. Americans must be cursing themselves for voting that dot.

I live here & yes, EVERYONE is nervous...my wife works in the healthcare industry & I also knows multiple doctors...the problem is that most (not all but most) as americans are either old/retired people with health issues or (and this is the controversial one) have some sort of daily routine of consuming alcohol or smoking marijuana, both of which are legal & known to suppress & weaken the immune system thus getting im the way of developing T cells against covid19. and then they're the issue of stds but to a lesser extent, but that also hurts the immune system, like genital herpes for example...most people don't even know they have it. explains why deaths from the coronavirus throughout the Muslim is far lower than deaths in america or europe. But discouraging alcohol & marijuana consumption has become a taboo for doctors & health professionals so they don't openly state it as a policy but privately, they have told me that this is a big reason but people don't listen...in spite of being nervous, beer to chayay hi chayay, baaz naho aana in hoan nay, na nasha chot na hay aur naa hi tharak pan! -_-

Aisa hai kya?in tamil nadu 800 out 1000 cases are muslims...in andhra 350 out of 380 cases are muslims....in telanagana 400 out of 481 are muslims...in india if you exclude maharashtra and kerala more than 70 percent
Cases are muslims who dont take alcohol...on the other hand hindus who take alcohol havent affected in many states...stop peddling lies that muslims are immune because they dont take alcohol...isnt iran a muslim country? Isnt pakistan a Muslim country?

Aisa hai kya?in tamil nadu 800 out 1000 cases are muslims...in andhra 350 out of 380 cases are muslims....in telanagana 400 out of 481 are muslims...in india if you exclude maharashtra and kerala more than 70 percent
Cases are muslims who dont take alcohol...on the other hand hindus who take alcohol havent affected in many states...stop peddling lies that muslims are immune because they dont take alcohol...isnt iran a muslim country? Isnt pakistan a Muslim country?
coming from a sanghi, excuse me while I disregard everything you just said.

Well taking dead people who have died of other causes and making them into CONVID-19 deaths is nothing more than Fraud. And that is exactly what is taking place in US, EU, etc at the behest of WHO. This is a proven fact since deaths occurring due to other diseases such as cancer, pneumonia, kidney diseases etc have fallen accordingly. I am not sure who is going to stop these Fraudsters and put them in jail for destroying livelihoods of Millions and billions of people.

Stay healthy for you and your wife

In the eyes of East Asian Ethnic here, most americans is NOT DISCIPLINE at all
No mask, no physical distancing, and many others

That's help the spreading of this virus

360947734_0-6_1585966683997_1586570387936.jpg

America is also approaching half a million confirmed cases of COVID-19
US becomes first country to record over 2,000 coronavirus deaths in last 24 hours: Report

America is also approaching half a million confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 496,535 as of 8:30 pm (0030 GMT Saturday), an increase of 35,098 in the past 24 hours.2 min read . 08:03 AM ISTAFP

• US has now recorded 18,586 deaths
    • Trump on Friday said he will make an announcement next week on US funding to the World Health Organization.
President Donald Trump on Friday said that his decision on when to reopen the US economy, shuttered due to the coronavirus pandemic, will be the toughest he has ever taken.

"I'm going to have to make a decision and only hope to God that it's the right decision. But I would say without question, it's the biggest decision I've ever had to make," Trump told a press conference.

Trump, who faces a tight reelection in November, is keen to get the US economy back open after weeks of tough measures that shut down businesses and transport across the country to slow down the virus' spread.

However, he also faces warnings that a premature opening would put lives at risk.

"I have to make the biggest decision of my life," he said.

Trump on Friday said he will make an announcement next week on US funding to the World Health Organization, which he has recently threatened to cut.

"As you know, we have given them approximately $500 million a year, and we are going to be talking about that subject next week. We'll have a lot to say about it," Trump told a news conference at the White House.

He said he would make the announcement "sometime next week."

Trump has gone on an offensive against the WHO, where Washington is the principal funder, accusing it of pro-China bias during the aftermath of the coronavirus pandemic, which began in Wuhan, China, last year.

On Friday, China's foreign ministry said the US comments were "fact-distorting" and politically motivated to shift blame for the pandemic, according to state-run news agency Xinhua.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...h-toll-in-any-country/amp-11586570014636.html

Back
Top Bottom