What's new

US backs India-Iran Chabahar port deal as it outflanks China-Pakistan Gwadar project

Dude, please don't embarrass yourself. You guy's are simply chance-less. You don't have the authority over international waters, your rights are limited to your territorial waters and that is just 23 K.M (12 NM) from the shore and no merchant vessel operates that close. International waters are open to everyone and all have equal rights.

And if you still try to stop any vessel, it will be treated as a hostility and dealt with accordingly.
And india owns all the oceans right? Sure you indians are shinny turds of the world atm!

How many acts have Pak and India committed that would constitute war, you blame us for Kashmir, Mumbai, Parliament attack, Pathankot arent all these acts of war? So what happened

We blame you for supporting TTP

Of course we wouldn't attack indian interests in Afghanistan but the Taliban might, nothing to do with us:angel:

International waters is totally different story, you cannot simply say that everything is an allegation and that Pakistan is not involved as there will be ton's of proof, like the Ships coordinates, GPS data etc. It won't be like Kashmir, Mumbai etc..

Why not in international waters, especially if we suspect smuggling drugs, terrorism or piracy and we are very suspicious so in the interests of regional security may have to do extra patrols in our area

And you Navy is not gonna do anything in international waters. You know why ?? :p:

We are still using the same shipping channels to traverse through strait of hormuz and beyond, the same path that will be followed to reach Chabhar. And you know what, no Pakistan Navy vessel has ever came near or harassed any Indian merchant vessel in this region yet. So enough of chest thumbing and trying to be a paper Tiger. Pakistan Navy doesn't have enough balls for that. LOL :p:

International waters is totally different story, you cannot simply say that everything is an allegation and that Pakistan is not involved as there will be ton's of proof, like the Ships coordinates, GPS data etc. It won't be like Kashmir, Mumbai etc..

And you Navy is not gonna do anything in international waters. You know why ?? :p:

We are still using the same shipping channels to traverse through strait of hormuz and beyond, the same path that will be followed to reach Chabhar. And you know what, no Pakistan Navy vessel has ever came near or harassed any Indian merchant vessel in this region yet. So enough of chest thumbing and trying to be a paper Tiger. Pakistan Navy doesn't have enough balls for that. LOL :p:

Dont waste your time.

@nair. @Arsalan tagged you to just go through.

Been following this issue. Unfortunately in between had quit the forum and deleted quite a few posts to corroborate. Had predicted increased efforts at destabilizing the region earlier.

Once or twice have posted about need to look at nuclear deal with Iran, closer US-Iran cooperation in Iraq and Indian role thereof.

What everyone is missing is the Indian role in US policy shift in Myanmar and Vietnam too.

Coming back, the Baluchi station of AIR is a step in same direction as VoA Balochi plans. US has maximum payoffs by this. India is hedging itself by Baluch support against any future insurrection and protection of its interests in chabahar in case US pushes Iran (which it wont)

This is a tidbit .... that is why there seems to be a tacit understanding between India and US over Iran right now. Iran too, has lot to gain in this game. Also, by publicly posturing yet adhering to treaty obligations, Iran is deftly keeping up the charade while SA is also being 'dealt' with.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-to-start-balochi-service-116071500217_1.html

Last edited:
@nair

Been following this issue. Unfortunately in between had quit the forum and deleted quite a few posts to corroborate had predicted increased efforts at destabilizing the region.

Once or twice have posted about need to look at nuclear deal with Iran, closer US-Iran cooperation in Iraq and Indian role thereof.

What everyone is missing is the indian role in US policy shift in Myanmar and Vietnam too.

Coming back, the Baluchi station of AIR is a step in same direction as VoA Balochi plans. US has maximum payoffs by this. India is hedging itself by Baluch support against any future insurrection and protection of its interests in chabahar in case US pushes Iran (which it wont)

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-to-start-balochi-service-116071500217_1.html

Actually this is going to be one of the most messiest and complex conflicts SA ever seen..........It has all the ingredients to be come one with 3 of the G5 directly involved in it......

Actually this is going to be one of the most messiest and complex conflicts SA ever seen..........It has all the ingredients to be come one with 3 of the G5 directly involved in it......

Exactly. Howsoever I look, Pakistan is screwed. That is why, I mentioned we are required to manage the situation here. The costs will be increased significantly for Pakistan. If China intervenes, Pakistan collapses due to uighur sensitivities among others.

The best part? India wont even have to fire a shot in anger, neither should we, irrespective of the provication.

The stakes are so high, that we just need to manage our security and prepare for intervention militarily if requred. We have planned for such eventuality in Afghanistan.

Think it over. Or better yet, start a thread. Joe was understanding the picture, hence he at one point mentioned things are beyond modi also now,

The best part? India wont even have to fire a shot in anger, neither should we, irrespective of the provication.

For India the biggest problem or headache is going to be from Iran.........( btw got the point which you mentioned in the other thread, i think i asked you "How")

Well our investment in Iran might help us to negate it, but is it going to be enough?? I doubt

For India the biggest problem or headache is going to be from Iran.........

Yes. But not yet. The hedging is Indian fence building with GCC. Iran will tend to sway towards China, then US has a go at Iran.

Overall picture is going to be of increased destabilization of whole of middle east. China will be bottled up exactly as earlier it was. You cant fight multiple adversaries at multiple fronts.

A repeat of USSR. Infact, repeat of history, the cyclical tendency.

For India the biggest problem or headache is going to be from Iran.........( btw got the point which you mentioned in the other thread, i think i asked you "How")

Well our investment in Iran might help us to negate it, but is it going to be enough?? I doubt

Iran is going to be our long term threat to interests in Afghanistan. One has to read the history again to the Persian-Afghan war post Persia-Russian treat in early 1800s. The interests always remain permanent.

We are hedging on Baluchi support for our security too. IRGC is suspicious of Indian intent as there is a clash of interest.

Yes. But not yet. The hedging is Indian fence building with GCC. Iran will tend to sway towards China, then US has a go at Iran.

Overall picture is going to be of increased destabilization of whole of middle east. China will be bottled up exactly as earlier it was. You cant fight multiple adversaries at multiple fronts.

A repeat of USSR. Infact, repeat of history, the cyclical tendency.

It will be interesting to see how Russia is going to involve in this big game......Some how personally i feel it is not going to be a good sign for us..... I mean involving in this conflict ( I do not think now we can pull away from this though), India and its diplomacy has been a very matured one and known for balancing between adversaries, but some how i feel this will be one conflict we will have to take sides, and that is not going to help us in other theaters as we will disturb the balance we have kept in our diplomacy....... There are chances that we will become a US ally........:(

It will be interesting to see how Russia is going to involve in this big game......Some how personally i feel it is not going to be a good sign for us..... I mean involving in this conflict ( I do not think now we can pull away from this though), India and its diplomacy has been a very matured one and known for balancing between adversaries, but some how i feel this will be one conflict we will have to take sides, and that is not going to help us in other theaters as we will disturb the balance we have kept in our diplomacy....... There are chances that we will become a US ally........:(

I have a slightly different take. But suggesting it will mark me as a bigot.

But, nevertheless, irrespective of whatever one says, US is more comfortable dealing with Russia than China as an adversary. Russia is merely playing China against West as it tries to make up the lost ground post fall of USSR. In the longer run, the war is clash of religions and not of civilizations, russia has a soft underbelly in CAR of Chechnya. The maximum threat emanates from Af-Pak region. Russian aims are being met here. It has hedged its interests in Iran by placing military assets. The Iranian position over disallowing usage is a charade, an attempt at some tradeoff. Iran needs them there to protect against potential US mischief in garb of Baluchi insurgency. You think Iran would allow any country in, if it was not the case?

We are merely aligning our objectives to everyone elses. Collate on that angle. Everyone is aligned in our move.

Anyways if you plan a thread on this, tag me. It shall be fun to work it out on conjectures.

But, nevertheless, irrespective of whatever one says, US is more comfortable dealing with Russia than China as an adversary

Yeah true, They are still adversaries even after the cold war........ I dont think china has not come to the level to threaten us in any way (US interest Yes),unlike USSR, which had its weapons in cuba....... China is currently tied in SCs and the conflict is in and around china....... But i guess over a period of time it is going to change, and US knows this very well and trying eveyrthing to stop it....

In the longer run, the war is clash of religions and not of civilizations

I do not know, but Yes religion has that potential......

The maximum threat emanates from Af-Pak region. Russian aims are being met here

Currently russia is stuck in in 3 theaters....1 with India, 2 Iran & 3 China........It will be interesting to see how they balance it between china and india/iran......

The Iranian position over disallowing usage is a charade, an attempt at some tradeoff. Iran needs them there to protect against potential US mischief in garb of Baluchi insurgency. You think Iran would allow any country in, if it was not the case?

This is going to be the crucial point for india....... Apart from Having friendly relationship with Russia, India might be on the otherside when it comes to balooch issue....Not only that as in the OP Us backs chaabahar....... It makes things further complicated....

A classical game of leverage being played out here.

@Syed.Ali.Haider your comments?

Just another routine scenario in international geopolitics, nothing more. What is amusing is that very few countries acknowledge the level of importance or weight Pakistan attaches to itself in this particular scenario. That alone is quite telling.

You guys been asking how Pakistan can stop:lock: indian vessels from entering in EEZ, Solution are simple you might be doing drug/arms trade with Afghanistan, in that case we have to check every inch of every vessel. you know what happens when a cargo is checked for drugs or arms. Nothing left of it :angel: There might be possibilities you might be setting up mines to damage Pakistani vessels :disagree: or you might be dropping militants in our water to destabilize balochistan as it is clear from you PM speech that he support insurgency in Balochistan. There might be possibility we could do some routine navy drill which won't allow you to enter EEZ :jester:. So at the end of the day if we want we can make it a headache for India to enter in our EEZ:crazy_pilot:
We can also convince Iran that india planning to unite baloch from both sides, in that case they might fear insurgency in their own area. so possibilities are limitless :devil:

No dear you have gravely mistaken, Chabahar is not only for Indo-Iran-Afghan purpose, in long term it will be a part of International North–South Transport Corridor. It is a big idea conceived long before CPEC was ever thought and is now in it's final stages of development. Already a dry run has been completed I guess.

Moreover Chabahar is an alternative for India to ignore Pakistan and to reach Afghanistan as you have already denied us land access, so India is left with no other option. :)

North south corridor for who and what purpose? Trade? Who is the supplier and who is ths consumer? You think India being a third world poor country can mimic Chinese envisaged CPEC? Chinese are manufacturers of the underwear you might be using to the smart phones and everyday appliances. They are export driven market. Hence the reason for CPEC. The only purpose of Charbahar is to sustain Indian presence in Afghanistan for sustaining terrorism against Pakistan. Nothing more, nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom