What's new

US Army Eyes Samsung smartphones

United

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ht_soldiers_smartphones_ll_110927_wg.jpg

The U.S. Army this year plans to begin buying Samsung Galaxy Note II smartphones for some infantry soldiers, pending approval from the Defense Department, according to a program office.
Exactly how many devices will be specified in a production decision expected no later than July, according to information provided by Program Executive Office Soldier, an organization within the Army known as PEO Soldier and responsible for fielding weapons and equipment.

The Army wants to switch to the Galaxy Note II, made by South Korea-based Samsung Group, in part because it has a bigger screen and faster processor for a similar price. The shift reflects the service’s new approach for buying communications equipment, in which it seeks commercial, “off-the-shelf” products that can be modified and tested for military use, rather than spending larger sums of money developing unique hardware.
GD300.jpg
The Army plans to spend about $150 million on the Nett Warrior program in fiscal 2013, which ends Sept. 30, according to a January report from the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress. That figure includes $103 million in procurement and $47 million in research and development. The funding is part of the $3.8 billion the service budgeted this year for communications equipment.
1121-AGADGETS-military-smart-phone_full_600.jpg

Defense.gov_photo_essay_120801-A-KJ310-005.jpeg

And people were saying Samsung is plastic when US Armed Forces Approve it, means world standard! Now isheeps can go take ahike athough unlike ifans I would give a good news to them US Army also approved iphones.

And people were saying Samsung is plastic when US Armed Forces Approve it, means world standard! Now isheeps can go take ahike athough unlike ifans I would give a good news to them US Army also approved iphones.

Military phones for US Armed Forces are sply designed for there usage the only thing which would be supplied will be the circuit Note II(which must be Made in USA by Samsung) and the panels will hardened per military needs.

Note II has been selected sply for its screen size and processing power..............iphone does not have anything to compete with it.

Military phones for US Armed Forces are sply designed for there usage the only thing which would be supplied will be the circuit Note II(which must be Made in USA by Samsung) and the panels will hardened per military needs.

Note II has been selected sply for its screen size and processing power..............iphone does not have anything to compete with it.

For iphone and Apple...:omghaha:
Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

6 years soldiering for the US Army I never even own any I-what and Samsung.............

Even today, I am a proud owner of 0 Iphone, 0 Ipod, 0 Ipad and 0 Samsung S2/3/4 Note 1/2.

lol

Back
Top Bottom