What's new

US approves air-to-air missile deal for Saudi Arabia

It could be Israel they are referring to, but I'm really not sure to be honest.

If it is the UAE it may be based off the A-Darter or Marlin missile. It could also be a new design but I'm not sure yet.

View attachment 790451

Halcon wants to demonstrate the air to air capacity by 2025 meaning it's likely already in development right now. There is a possibility we see the air-to-air missile under development at the Dubai Airshow very shortly.

Halcon has been busy how many workers do they have today in order to work on so many projects at the same time

Halcon has been busy how many workers do they have today in order to work on so many projects at the same time
They have a 3-4 hundred engineers in R&D I think. Many are being hired every month though so I suspect it may be higher.

Not as much as companies like Roketsan or IAI but many of them have decades of experience.

Salaam

You have mentioned something Egypt is well aware of they have their own defense industry coming along well. Aside from that I don't understand the insertion of Israel into all Egyptian posts. This is not the 50 or 60s where Egypt's population was less than 15m but not now Egypt is over 100m it can't really be compared to Israel even without nukes it is just to big for them. The reality is Egypt doesn't view Israel as existential threat or rival but it views larger coalition as existential threat so the repeated Israel insertion is getting tiring because it really doesn't touch upon realistic geopolitics. Egypt has reached long time ago a certain level where it doesn't view Israel as threat, rival or security issue but Egypt does view NATO existential threat however this is ground reality and it doesn't mean there is rivalry between NATO and Egypt in fact they are close allies but they remain sort of the only existential threat to Egypt militarily.

Egypt path way excuse will be Iran who will reach break-out point in 2031 but the key is for them to build up or prepare it until 2031 where Iran announces break-out point to go Nuclear technically Iran is doing everyone a favor because it will enforce the region to arm themselves responsible but the Iranians won't reach break-out point until 2031 but either way would have been better around 2025 but all the same. The announcements will come immediately after that

That is my point, since Egypt is that much bigger than Israel, Israel will naturally feel threatened.

Why does it matter what Israel thinks? Because the US takes Israeli concerns very seriously. The post I replied to was talking about the US not giving Egyptians some advance weapons systems. My reply was in that context.

Nothing to be proud of -"So a country like Egypt, has a peace treaty with Israel since 1979".
Egypt shouldn't take it personally. The US buys oil from KSA and the money it pays it gets back by providing goods and services to KSA. It's a fair deal. The only thing Egypt could provide was peace with Israel so unless they rack up tensions they don't have that card to play.

I dont think US buy much oil from Saudi Arabia, USA is the biggest Oil producer in the world, their gas production maybe number 1 too, or at least number 2 biggest gas producer

Salaam

That is my point, since Egypt is that much bigger than Israel, Israel will naturally feel threatened.

Why does it matter what Israel thinks? Because the US takes Israeli concerns very seriously. The post I replied to was talking about the US not giving Egyptians some advance weapons systems. My reply was in that context.

Egypt has advanced weapons currently. They can't possibly upgrade more except building more futuristic weapons and entering collabs and joint ventures across the board with multiple countries but as for conventionally and tech they have reached the limit tho but what needs to happen is future development which I am sure they know this.. The weapons of 2030s, 2040s and 2050s is the only thing on the radar and beyond

Salaam

Egypt has advanced weapons currently. They can't possibly upgrade more except building more futuristic weapons and entering collabs and joint ventures across the board with multiple countries but as for conventionally and tech they have reached the limit tho but what needs to happen is future development which I am sure they know this.. The weapons of 2030s, 2040s and 2050s is the only thing on the radar and beyond

I think we wouldn't be having a discussion about why the US won't sell them Aim120 and such weapons if they manufactured them or equivalent. I don't actually know, do Egyptians manufacturer BVR capable A2A missiles?

Salaam

I think we wouldn't be having a discussion about why the US won't sell them Aim120 and such weapons if they manufactured them or equivalent. I don't actually know, do Egyptians manufacturer BVR capable A2A missiles?

They are working on alot of things including collabs with different players so yes. I think what he meant is that they have reached the limit anyways but only searching for state of art tech from here on out something unique probably from their own defense or collabs with others etc etc weapons of the future

Salaam

BVR missiles are kind of a monopoly of 4 main nations : The US (Usrael with ToT from the US..), Russia, China, and France (with other EU nations in collaboration)..

BVR missiles are in the localization pipeline in the ME including in Egypt..

Salaam

BVR missiles are kind of a monopoly of 4 main nations : The US (Usrael with ToT from the US..), Russia, China, and France (with other EU nations in collaboration)..

Excellent. Is there a joint organisation or some setup of sorts whereby the Arab countries cooperate on defense manufacturing and research? Especially for high tech stuff like fighter jets and such?

can you prove we get tot from usa? we start to develop air to air missile way before you started to sell oil

can you prove we get tot from usa? we start to develop air to air missile way before you started to sell oil
china got tot from us in the 80 s your

contempt for israel defence industry when your country cant make even amissle and need to import in bilions every thing more rescpect for industries you can dream of

סמל 'אומת על ידי הקהילה'

another thing your country must import engeenirs from aboard you dont have human capital to develop defence industry and where do you get your tech every thing is tot

Last edited:
Saudi Air Force is the most Powerful in the region... their rich pockets really pays off as they have some of the best fighters the world can offer.

Even small Oil rich Gulf Arab countries have pretty strong Air Force for their size, if these country were a single state they would have second strongest air force in the world right now, only after USAF.

Even small Oil rich Gulf Arab countries have pretty strong Air Force for their size, if these country were a single state they would have second strongest air force in the world right now, only after USAF.

True, that is where the strength of Muslims suppose to come from, unity and one nation under God, but unfortunately the Fitna broke the Ummah into pieces and nations.

Saudi Arabia shouldn't trust only in Western weapons.

All those modern weapons can be remotely disabled if someday twisted American wants it, in the worst moment, in a real war.

The Pentagon: The US State Department approves the sale of air-to-air missiles to Saudi Arabia, worth up to $650 million

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has requested to buy two hundred eighty (280) AIM-120C-7/C-8 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) and five hundred ninety-six (596) LAU-128 Missile Rail Launchers (MRL). Also included are containers; weapon support and support equipment; spare and repair parts; U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical and logistical support services; and other related elements of logistical and program support. The total estimated cost is $650 million..

https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/ma...advanced-medium-range-air-air-missiles-amraam

hd-aspect-1489434086-advancedeaglegraphite-1531940364.jpg

* Advanced Electronics Co.
It manufactures, repairs and inspects the electronics for AMRAAM & ASRAAM missiles
- It is also developing the Air Force's stockpile of missiles

1568408655262.png

https://thedefencejournal.blogspot.com/2013/09/saudis-aec-to-develop-f-15sa-sub.html

When i used to work in a hotel i came across a KSA F15 pilot. I asked him, so how does it feel to be a F15 pilot?
He replied with a 😣 face... it makes you tired because you have to wear heavy uniform, helmet and it makes you dizzy when you fly high.. like seriously???. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom