What's new

US approves $15 billion THAAD missile defense for Saudi Arabia

It is a deterrent, we will only use them if attacked. So not "offensive" as in we will attack anyone.

That is what I said. The rest of your paragraph is drivel. Do you even know what a recession is?

Firstly I'm not crying, you're just chest thumping. Second, when the clown prince expressly threatens to create conflict in Iran, while he oversees a massive militarision spending 10s of billions of $ on their army, navy, air force, and missile defence, many of which are designed to fight Iran's main deterrence, it is quite obvious what Saudi's intentions are. And that is to start something, or at the very least be able to try more aggressive regional actions.

These deals are also a deterrent for Saudi Arabia, How can KSA attack Iran with defensive weapon systems? .. stop your paranoia here..

There were some attacks in KSA for a long time, one just happened yesterday killing two national guards.. If the prince threatened something it was to have Iran experience the same thing inside, he did not threaten war.. I have explained it to you before, but you seem to have a deep wound from it.. if you stop the proxy war, that is all KSA wants.. If Iran's government is not behind it, the least it can do is to try to neutralise those Shia groups under its influence..

There is no recession in KSA, you are obviously jealous, you call Saudi wealth chest thumping? you must be nuts..

The lower OIL prices had an effect on the Saudi economy for sure, but its under control since it began..in the the last 3 years the deficit was lowered in a constant and consistent manner, and in 2018-2019 there will be no effect on the economy at all.. not even talking about the predictions of oil prices jumping to $70 a barrel in 2018..

Last edited:
Aren't you familiar with the new Saudi arms procurement policy that says no weapon purchase without ToT?

You have to be all the same a little realistic with THAAD.

Turkey is a major ally of the USA and an eminent member of NATO, yet after more than 3 years of tough negotiations with the USA, it has absolutely nothing got just for the Patriot PAC-3.

You have to be all the same a little realistic with THAAD.

Turkey is a major ally of the USA and an eminent member of NATO, yet after more than 3 years of tough negotiations with the USA, it has absolutely nothing got just for the Patriot PAC-3.

I understand what you mean, but Turkey is not buying hundreds of billions of weapons from the US, nor is it investing $300 billion with the US, or holds almost a trillion dollars in US bonds..

South Korea, another major ally of the US couldn't get the highly sensitive components for its 5th generation war plane program.. but with KSA we are not talking about highly sensitive ToT, just some ToT.. it is a requirement, and the US has agreed to it despite some opposition within the US congress.. Mind you the Russians too have agreed on ToT for the S-400 strategic system.. it needs a lot of experience to know what is realistic versus fantasy..

Last edited:
Deal is way way to expensive THAAD is not a elite SAM system but S 400 is yet S 400 is a big ticket and reliable and three times cheaper than THAAD

Oh, Iran's doing great. 6% growth. Saudi, meanwhile, is in recession.

So shut up.

Um, no. There is no other country in the region with a large ballistic missile force.
Well I like to believe that but even supreme leader doubt those 6% growth rate and 5% inflation claims.

Deal is way way to expensive THAAD is not a elite SAM system but S 400 is yet S 400 is a big ticket and reliable and three times cheaper than THAAD

THAAD is on a different level then S-400.

You can maybe compare the latest variant of Patriot or any other different system with it but there is actually not a really contribution from Russia to mess up with THAAD from US.

I still wonder how KSA want to integrate S400 with the air defense system they have deployed right already .
As far as I knew air defense must be layered and all system must be integrated together to get best result . but the best S400 can do to act as a separate system that can not communicate with other now and future KSA systems which will reduce its efficacy and benefit.

I still wonder how KSA want to integrate S400 with the air defense system they have deployed right already .
As far as I knew air defense must be layered and all system must be integrated together to get best result . but the best S400 can do to act as a separate system that can not communicate with other now and future KSA systems which will reduce its efficacy and benefit.

They are not getting it after they got the "approval" for THAAD - it´s just politics.

They can buy everything F-22, Pak-fa, Thaad, S400, Apache, Ka-52, C-17, II-76, AK-104 M4
BCZ OF

oil.jpg

poster-arab-190.jpg

Have a nice day once again.

PS. Try not to take everything personally here just because users disagree with some of your views. Broadening your horizon never hurts.
Ignored 2nd time.

How can KSA attack Iran with defensive weapon systems?

It is very simple. By the time all their arms have arrived, they will have over 300 multirole strike aircraft. The THAAD and PAC-3, as I've said already, are being purchased so Saudi can try to neutralise Iran's deterrent, which is what is keeping Iran from being attacked by various aggressors.

I didn't say Saudi is definitely going to attack Iran, just that there are signs that it wants to.

There is no recession in KSA, you are obviously jealous, you call Saudi wealth chest thumping? you must be nuts

I repeat, do you know what a recession is? Answer me that and then we'll see who is nuts, you, or the student of finance...

It is very simple. By the time all their arms have arrived, they will have over 300 multirole strike aircraft. The THAAD and PAC-3, as I've said already, are being purchased so Saudi can try to neutralise Iran's deterrent, which is what is keeping Iran from being attacked by various aggressors.

I didn't say Saudi is definitely going to attack Iran, just that there are signs that it wants to.

I repeat, do you know what a recession is? Answer me that and then we'll see who is nuts, you, or the student of finance...
I have studied finance most likely before you were born.. so keep your arguments to your peers..

I have studied finance most likely before you were born.. so keep your arguments to your peers..
Ok genius, so would agree that 2 or more consecutive quarters of negative growth in GDP is the very definition of a recession?

Ok genius, so would agree that 2 or more consecutive quarters of negative growth in GDP is the very definition of a recession?
It depends on how much reserves you've got genius.. a country that is broke can't face a recession with out great pain, while a country that can pour in what ever it takes to prevent a recession, can avoid it..
I'll give a hint, one sign of deep recession is when you see a lot of businesses closing their doors.. In KSA, it is the opposite..there are more businesses opening their doors now..

Stop derailing threads..

Last edited:
a country that is broke can't face a recession with out great pain

That is not entirely true. In the end, monetary policies like interest rate changes and QE can dampen the blow and bring recovery closer. Large reserves are not necessarily required.

In Saudi's case, there have been sweeping austerity measures intended to reduce government expenditure, after it started running a sharp budget deficit.

I'll give a hint, one sign of deep recession is when you see a lot of businesses closing their doors.. In KSA, it is the opposite..there are more businesses opening their doors now..

I didn't say it was deep, shallow or otherwise. I said there was a recession, which is actually increasing in pace. In the first quarter of 2017 there was a 0.5% contraction, and in the second quarter a 1.03% contraction.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/oil-...n-as-gdp-contracts-for-second-quarter.521035/

Back
Top Bottom